Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
wazza

Goalkeeper Distribution to full backs or specific player

I have uploaded my save Tvaakers.fm to the SI cloud for you to take a look at.

In my tactics I try to get it wide as quick as possible and therefore advise my goalkeeper to distribute to full backs or a specific full back under the 'Distribute to position' tab.  When playing the matches the goalkeeper does not do this, he constantly either gives it to the nearest central defender or a central midfielder who is playing deep.  I have tried changing his distribution type between the various roll it out, throw it long, take short kicks settings but he still ignores my instruction.  Can you advise if this is a bug that can be fixed when you look at the game.  On occasions I have noticed that some of the oppostion players are pressing in the box so it could be that he dare not throw it out etc to the wing and decides to pass to a closer player.  However this is occuring on all of my matches and I cannot recall one instance where he has distributed it wide to a full back or the specific player.  Also not sure now if the central defenders been allowed to be in the box on a goalkick is also impacting this as obviously these are now the closer players to the goalkeeper.

Could you please have a look and advise?

Just wondered if anyone at SI had seen this bug that had been reported and if any other info was needed

Just wondered if anyone at SI had seen this bug that had been reported and if any other info was needed as it appears not to have been seen so 'bump' lol!!

Im just bumping this up the list as it does not appear to have been seen by SI for the reported bug

If you have play out of defence on then yes your players will come into the box and he will more often than not pass to a CB

If you remove play out of defence and just have distribute to full backs your back line will sit just outside the box and he will likely pass to a full back

This is not a bug man

8 hours ago, 2calvin said:

If you have play out of defence on then yes your players will come into the box and he will more often than not pass to a CB

If you remove play out of defence and just have distribute to full backs your back line will sit just outside the box and he will likely pass to a full back

This is not a bug man

In all previous FM's  if you had play ball out of defence on you could still pass to your fullbacks with not problems.  Most of my tactics where designed this way especially to exploit the flanks or   - so why not in FM20 , hence why I believe it to be a bug.

Could SI please advise and provide some clarity - I believe it is becasue of the new rule where the central defenders can be in the box.  However you should still be able to pass to your full backs

Edited by wazza

Any news on if this will be fixed - in previous FM's even with play ball out of defence on you could distribute to your full backs with no issues to play it wide and also to choose a specific full back under distribute to specific player - now it just goes to the centre backs in the match engine - therefore  I believe it to be a bug