Understanding In-game Editor?

Sindre Alsos

I have never used the in-game editor before.

How does it work? I am actually not interested in changing anything, I merely use it to see a player's future potential.

However, what does the numbers indicate? I understand that above 150 is very good, but what about 90, 100, 110 and so on in potential ability?

If a youngster has 50 in current ability and 60 in potential ability, will he ever make it or is his future limited?

And last but not least, if I have a player with potential ability 75 and edit it to 150, will he then eventually change into a "world-class-player", or will he remain mediocre throughout his career?

It's a 1-200 scale for ability.

To get an idea how far around 100 would take a player you could take a look at players with current ability around there. My guess is you'll find plenty who play or played in the Swedish or Portuguese or Austrian leagues and similar but not as stars and certainly not near the national teams. You would also find good players from the league below in this time of decent enough countries. 

1 hour ago, Sindre Alsos said:

And last but not least, if I have a player with potential ability 75 and edit it to 150, will he then eventually change into a "world-class-player", or will he remain mediocre throughout his career?

That depends on training and his surroundings. A player with PA at 150 and a bad club and coach, will not reach his peak. He will need extra attention to make him better.