Sports Interactive Community
Kingofcm03

FC Metalist 1925 & The rise of the "The Yellow and Blue" a Ukraine adventure

180px-FC_Metalist_1925_Kharkiv_logo.png

Season 2025/26 - March and April Fixtures

c73828358ac93c64fd9791ccc91dc5ff.png

cb74c67542229744106ba818c40c0fb1.png

Season 2025/26 - Final League Table

Sadly our run has come to an end, we didn’t have the required ability to get through RBL, we went down with a hard fought 2-1 loss away in Leipzig. Still proud of the team, we have taken yet another step forward this season. First time making out of the group, we won 4 games and actually looked and felt like a team that belongs in the competition. On the domestic front, we manage to win the crucial game against Dynamo Kiev, they actually had a poor month as they lost to us, draw another game and lost the final match of the season. It saw us take the title win a 9 point lead. Shakhtar fell into 4th place, a very bad season for them. They will no doubt make changes to their squad and manager. March and April also saw us retain the Kubok in mostly comfortable fashion, Olimpik Donetsk pushed us hard in the Quarter Final and we scored in injury time to progress. 

For Metalist, it was a strange season, I thought we were doing much worse than previous seasons but in the end we finished on our 2nd highest points total with 80 points and 26 wins is our 2nd highest as well. We scored 70 goals again this season and concede 14, slightly worse than last season. Also somehow this was the first time we have won the domestic treble of League, Super Kuboky and Kuboky Cup. 

c18731ae18e8b1dd47b6a3fa14687d65.png

Season 2025/26 - In Review

We started out with 5 trophies to win, we bring home 3 of those. We also saw our average attendance go up 7% this season, I would love to get that even higher again next season.

cc9cb04dee638b5b81d1b0ba74375d0b.png

9b0aea1d78435df45e872f26c5afb64b.png

Season 2025/26- End of Season Awards

7acc07818237aa386876a2e76213f4a5.png

Season 2025/26 - Finances

Obviously the sale of Mendez has done wonders to this, we are sitting at well over 100 million in the bank. The 4 wins in the Champions League and making it through to the first Knockout Round also boosted us more again. We also have a huge wage budget to play with, so it makes retaining players very easy for me at the moment

7864a04c03ed06da77524bd80766e52f.png

Season 2025/26 - Final Review and Thoughts

7 seasons have flown here in the Ukraine, we have just completed probably our best season so far. We finally won the domestic treble, we won 4 games in the Champions League group and made it out for the first time. It was season of change in a way, we have implemented a new system (I will be doing a post on this before the start of the next season) and its been an improvement. We are scoring less goals, our forwards are scoring far far less but we are seemingly more solid but we will talk about this in my next post.

I am actually typing this as I go through the next summer transfer window and what can I say? Without giving too much away but its left me quite down. If you scroll up, you will see our bank balance is over 100 million? Well right now, its over 200 million. The board has been doing their thing again. I won’t give too much away but safe to say I am a bit disappointed. I’ve never had a board like this in all my years playing FM, they are greedy little ***** … 1 Step forward and at least 2-3 steps back.

No more updates today, I will do the tactics and system posts tomorrow. I am off to finish the summer window. 

Edited by Kingofcm03

That's a superb season mate, and 80 points from 30 games is fantastic. Well done. 

And I am guessing from your balance shooting up that the Board has sold another of your key players. Sad if true but look forward to the summer update!

4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

That's a superb season mate, and 80 points from 30 games is fantastic. Well done. 

And I am guessing from your balance shooting up that the Board has sold another of your key players. Sad if true but look forward to the summer update!

Thanks mate, I've just completed the summer and transfers In and Out. 

Your assumption is correct, infact they decided to sell 2 players. Then almost a 3rd but I offered him a new contract and he accepted it and has stayed.

I've protested, the board didn't listen. I threatened to quit as well, they didn't care... I would have thought 4 straight league titles and I assume a 5th is coming this season and a Europa League win,  I would at least give me some sway on this talks but NOPE...the board is money hungry. Interesting but there is now a new talk of a take over, not sure why? we are loaded and everything is good but if that happens maybe we will get a nicer board and owner?

I'll have the update tomorrow after my tactics review.

Edited by Kingofcm03

Thanks for the tips buddy, I'll keep them in mind!  It is a bit of an annoying league, there doesn't seem to be much money about outside of the big two (Shakhtar happily splash £100 million every transfer window) and attendances seem really low across the board.  I suppose it gets a bit easier once you start qualifying for the champions league regularly.  Possibly most annoying of all is the 'bug' where the league now finishes in March after the expansion to 16 teams.  The fixture congestion in the first half of the season for me is awful.

Well done on getting out of the CL group stage that's a massive achievement.  Shame about losing Mendez, but I'm sure there's plenty more like him you can find in South America with the money you've got now.  

10 hours ago, priority76 said:

Thanks for the tips buddy, I'll keep them in mind!  It is a bit of an annoying league, there doesn't seem to be much money about outside of the big two (Shakhtar happily splash £100 million every transfer window) and attendances seem really low across the board.  I suppose it gets a bit easier once you start qualifying for the champions league regularly.  Possibly most annoying of all is the 'bug' where the league now finishes in March after the expansion to 16 teams.  The fixture congestion in the first half of the season for me is awful.

Well done on getting out of the CL group stage that's a massive achievement.  Shame about losing Mendez, but I'm sure there's plenty more like him you can find in South America with the money you've got now.  

I dont think I spent more than 1 million pounds combined in the first 3.5 seasons, I just signed up free agents and sold them on for profits. Its almost impossible to sell Ukrianian players, due to them being none-EU and the other leagues having rules. 

Tactical Review and Update

I realised that I have not added much on the tactic side of the save, so lets have a look at this now.

Tactic 1 - "False 9 False Dawn"

In the first 6 seasons, I used the tactic and formation below all the way from the very first season and never made any major changes. It carried us from winning the Persha Liha in 2019/20 all the way to winning the Europa League in 2024/25. I really loved this formation, so did the players and especially the forwards. Majority of our goals were scored from the front pair, it was just terribly unstable at the back, we conceded thousands of through balls and lofted balls over the defenders but I was always mostly ok with this because we always usually scored more than they did. However at the end of the 6th season I had to make some decisions, we were never going to progress in Europe playing this brand of football so the decision was made to move on. Also it became obvious the change to the match engine had really put a dent in our play, when you set the team up to score from through balls and those are nullified then we had little to no choice.

Things that worked;

•    Both forwards scored plenty of goals
•    The double DLP was fairly good at controlling the middle of the field, they dropped just deep enough to cover
•    Much Higher Line of Engagement – This was good at squeezing the opponent in their half
•    Extremely High Tempo – Domestically, it was too much for teams and we blasted them
•    The Wing back-A on the right he was my leading assists most seasons and if not him the WB- Support on the left was.
•    The F9 was unstoppable, nobody was picking him up and he created huge amounts of space for the Inverted Winger and AF

Things that didn’t work;

•    Much Higher Line of Engagement – Yes it also was an issue, while it squeezed them in, this was the cause of the long/through balls and most of the goals we conceded.
•    Extremely High Tempo – Same as above but this time it was because the players where not talented enough.
•    The Winger Right – He was barely in the game, this was my mistake from having a Winger and a Wing Back on the same side. I also was lacking in quality right footed players.
•    Counter Press, more on this later but the issue was it was pushing our shape out of sync, it left us in a mess and open to rapid counter attack
•    The Double DLP, they were too basic and too one dimensional 

285e43047bdf9a74ddef617f9764e30c.png

Tactic 2 - "Regista This"

Last season saw the implementation of this, it meant we had to abandon our 2 forward formation and we really struggled to score goals, we saw Budkivskyi go from 48 goals then 33 goals the previous 2 season all the way down to 11, he finished behind the CM-A in the goals who had 19. The plan was to have the entire team contribute more to the play, instead of “get the ball to Budkivskyi” we tried to get the wide players involved and challenging the score board, I wanted the CM-A to also be a threat. It worked in a way but was not ideal and while the defence was much improved and more stable, we were congesting the box too much and could not unlock or create chances.

Things that worked;

•    The Regista was great, he worked exactly how I wanted. He was tasked to dictate the play from deep. I had started with a Halfback in this spot but he was dropping far too deep for my liking, he barely got forward. I also tried a DM-S here as well, he was pretty good actually his pass first mentality was great but his passing was not penetrating enough for my liking. So we ended up with the Regista and he’s been perfect, he remains mostly vertical, has better range and penetration on his long balls and he holds the ball and dribbles forward with it. Hes perfect. 
•    The BBM was also exactly what I wanted, I was after a player in the middle who would shuffle up and back and cover both defence and get close to the box. I did try the Carrillo but was too boring, I am not sure he did anything really.
•    Dropping both the Line of Engagement and Defensive line back to standard. This was a game changer, the amount of through balls and over the top long balls conceded basically vanished. 
•    Distribution to Full-Backs and not the Centre-Backs, this allowed the middle 3 players to reset and didn’t force the Centre Backs and Regista to play the ball in the danger zone in front of he box. Having he Full-Backs get the ball meant they could grab it and zoom up the outside or play a direct ball to their wide partner further up.
•    Run at defence, I actually picked this up watching the AI and how they were beating me. They would dribble and dribble and dribble. So we went with …Run, Run, Run. It sends the defence into meltdown, they start back peddling and causes general mayhem. 

Things that didn’t work;

•    The Advanced Forward alone, this was stupid really. He has no support, nobody to help him. He needed the F9 or possibly a DLF/PF near him to get him open and into the space required to score.
•    Inside Forward – Left. Not sure why I did this because both Jeka and Sokol are left footed and this is not the best position for them and since they are required to start 90% of the games. This was not going to work.
•    Inverted Winger – Right. Basically the same as above.
•    Full team counter pressing. More on that in the next version.
•    Centre Midfield – Attack. This guy did score 19 goals, but he was just making more issues for me than I liked and he did score some penalties and free kicks. He also didn’t help in defence and would run like a mad man to the penalty spot and block my own players
•    The Complete Wing Back – Right. Just a little too adventurous for my liking, he had to be pulled back a little and told to calm down.

57886b2346e8af92dbfe0749264e74c0.png

Tactic 3 - "Revenge of the Regista"

Here we are with updated season 8 system, I have a mirror image version of this tactic and I use that to play some of the bench/reserve players, they have right sided feet and the opposite side would be easier for them. Also I must say a handy feature for FM21 would be a mirror tactic button that can flip everything to the other side with a single click. With this I have taken the best bits from last season and modified the bad parts. However its not far off being the same system but with new roles and heavily modified individual instructions for most players. I didn’t want to abandon my 'team ball' system and try to revert back to a “get the ball to Budkivskyi” so we pressed on with some tweaks.

Things that worked;

•    The trequartista, he has unlocked the movement that I was looking for from a lone forward. Being allowed to just move around and into the space that he decides and chooses is best, has been amazing for me. I did try an F9 here but he was going too far wide or deep and I think he needs a more advanced partner. The trequartista likes to sit just in the half spaces that annoy the AI and give them trouble. He wanders wide, then back in again. Hes basically a poacher with extreme movement.
•    The Mezzala, he has been such a better option than the Centre Midfield- Attack. He finds a good space and area of influence in the space the Inverted Winger leaves vacant after he cuts inside. He also does at least 10% more work without the ball than the CM-A, while not as much as the Support duty or CM-S would would do, its enough for me.
•    Adjusting the full team Counter Press, I have modified the back 4 and the Regista to not press (press less urgently) and honestly I was surprised how well that worked. This means they stay in their shape, they don’t run out to meet an attacker and form a sold back 4 and DM. The AI is having trouble breaking it down at the moment. What ends up happening is because they are solid and in shape they contain the attack and the other 4 players (IW, IF, BBM and MEZ) all press from behind them. It also stops them charging out and leaving space behind for a diagonal ball to slice up the middle.
•    Putting the Inside Forward and Inverted Winger on the correct side for the best players

Things that didn't work – so far;

•    Set pieces defence is driving me insane 
•    Stopping the marauding fullbacks from beating and going around/through 5 players to score

eb181118b3d3244fdf28691bdcf288a9.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Progress Tracker - 2026 Update

I was getting confused and a little crazy about where I was and what has been completed so far. I decided to do stand alone progress tracking updates in a post of their own. I will update this at the end of each season in its own post. This is more for my own sanity and convenience.

I have again requested the board to upgrade the Youth facilities and Youth Recruitment

443b04a6bb036a5eaac3c5e08212f18d.png 

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 8 - 2026/27

Season 2025/26

I am not giving up on Champions League glory, that is one thing you can count but did I think about giving up on my dumb ass owner? I would be lying if the thought of jumping ship to a rival (Olimpik Dontesk were in need of a manager) to annoy my board was not on my mind.  However, I am super invested in this save and this team right now and I WILL get it done. Eventually. 

This summer window was without a doubt one the hardest for me as the manger in memory, I felt like we were making some serious gains last season and the players were starting to really turn it on. Unfortunately the board here at Metalist is not on the same path as myself (and you by proxy) and they have zero issues with cashing in on players to line their pockets. Part of me can reason and understand that we are small club from Ukraine and big money is big money but we are so close and on the verge of putting football in this country back on the map. 

Speaking about putting Ukraine football on the map, the Ukrainian FA sacked Andriy Shevchenko who had surprisingly been in charge this entire time despite some truly awful results. So they have approached me to take over, I actually didn’t hesitate, I accepted the job and I become the first ever “foreigner” manager of Ukraine football and I get to try and emulate Valeriy Lobanovskyi by making Ukraine relevant again in the football World. I will do a solid update on the state of the Nation later, probably at the winter break. 

I enjoy the fact the media is choosing to make fun of my loss to Kolos Kovalivka in 2025, the same year we won the Europa League. Whatever!

95cfd9ebc5ae82cca17353a565ebec43.png

2026/27 - Transfers 

Where should I begin? We lost our best player Gimenez to Arsenal for 69 million, then the board accepted a quite frankly outrageously low 20 million for our GK Vega and to cap it off they also let Urtazun leave for West Ham for 24 million. 

I thought they were done but they accepted a bid for Senoussi of 21 million from Milan, however he decided to reject them and sign a new contract with us instead. Take that Mr Board Members!!! I really needed that win as hes our new best player and vital as our Regista, there is nobody I can replace him with.

I also got to sell some players of my own choice as well!!! We let Infantino leave, 29 million was a great fee for him. Also allowed to leave was some fringe Ukrainian players who were getting no games and as the new National manager we have duty to get players actually playing.  We took a hit on the 13 million paid for Tarasov only 12 months earlier.

This did leave us stupidly rich (We had well over 220 million at one stage) and the board was silly enough to let me spend a huge chunk of it so I was going to ensure we did and I went to town on thier bank balance.

e34e86a362524ed613c8b0788ae43082.png

2026/27 - Transfers 

Lucho

This is the player I have wanted for ages, he will be the linchpin to our defence.  We had to pay through the roof on wages to get him but he’s here now and I can see him being an absolute star and a rock for us. Once I signed him I was not as upset about losing Urtuazun, Lucho is a better player and no doubt he improves the team

ee0137d4c04c94d3768ce827d6656cfb.png

Jose Mario

Another fantastic player for us, he will move into the BBM role and Lozano will move over into the Mezzala role that has been vacated by the departure of Gimenez. Surprising that he’s able to play CM-AM and ST but he will likely never get a chance to play any of those roles for us. I could also retrain him to play Regista but we have Senoussi also learning and playing there and I would ideally like to play them both at the same time.

a14cc6f1aec3ff99b5f5e4352b5662f6.png

Edenilson

Here is our Vega replacement, he cost me more than we made on that sale but its cool. He joins his former Palmerias team mate Mario in Ukraine. Hopefully they are good friend off the pitch as well. The plan will be the same as last season and Lunin will get the majority of the league games and Edenilson will play the Champions League and Cup matches.

9f6d5adfa6936c1c01567d4ac57d1482.png

Pablo Bombicino

I am pretty excited about this guy, not sure what his best position is going to be but he has rapid pace can play all 4 attacking positions well. For now he will drop to the bench and get most games in the Champions League.

9c68fe5953fb3b1dd57bf11d8253e919.png

Roberto Firmino

Bobby Firmino is my favourite player in real life, I just had to get him when I saw him with no club. He will be nothing more than an impact sub but I love having him here with us. 

00c25dd212c629abf1e2d8819a993aed.png

2026/27 - Transfers 

Ricardo Canario

I am going to start Canario next to Lucho, his heading ability is terrible but he’s a monster in the air physically. I need another Lucho to come along at some stage so I can have a really good locked down CB pairing. I am looking forward to using him on some attacking set prices, despite his heading being terrible he should at least be almost everybody to the ball.

74af603681fa846dfccee2668829bc5c.png

Vladysalv Kozynets

Taking a punt on him, he looks ok and will give me a bench option to take Budkivskyi off the field in games we are dominating. Makes it a little easier for me and I am not going to need him to be “the man” 

11449ae79d7f125bdf91dde3d14cdeeb.png

Kyle Kewell

I saw Kewell transfer listed for 59k and thought It was fairly low for a player of his ability and while I can probably not fit him in at the moment, we will try and get a loan for him. He might turn into something and we can make a profit on him.

513109d1eb3b05851009ed4f282ef9f3.png

Ivan Mrzljak

Similar story to Kewell, he was available for free and figured he was worth it to get in. He has some decent potential, I think we have a player here and want to work on him. Its just a shame not Ukrainian. 

4214d399bd4a3814c13c0cc7e7f23638.png

Adrian Stan

Quite expensive for a player I am taking a guess on, he’s been sent out to Illichivets a team in our league. I will keep an eye on him this season to see how he goes. I do need a right footed wide player so it could work out well

bdc0353ed82fa119817558a9150f0f26.png

2026/27 - Full squad

Pretty happy with this lot going into season 8, we have made some obvious improvement.  Many questions will be asked of the new guys, Lucho has to hold the back line together and I need Mario to hit the ground running at BBM. With Lozano now moving into Mezzala has to replicate the success Gimenez had here last season. For me as the manager, it will be very interesting to see how I am going to juggle the rules in the league, I have only 6 Ukrainians this season, its very low.  Still however I am convinced this is my strongest squad in 8 seasons, I have high hopes and as per usual the quest is the Domestic Treble and Knockout Rounds of the Champions League. 

594c5a2f25c5a39b1618a37b58e47afe.png

Thats it for today.... I'll be back in the Winter break with the next update.

Great updates, KUTGW. Lucho looks phenomenal, I don't think I have ever had a 5 star player yet! 

I enjoyed that tactics update, it seems we're all slowly reaching similar tactical conclusions as I've been going through much of the same of what you did - having a F9 next to another striker but missing the defensive solidity behind them; attempting 2 IFs and a AF and hating how that played out; having fun with mezzalas and trequartistas (I'm using a Treq as AMC though); and also closing down less on a few backline players to compensate for other high pressing settings (personally I like to do that only on my FBs).

The squad building feels like it's going well here with some truly great players coming in. Loved the touch of bringing in Firmino on pre-retirement mode for sentimental reasons, whilst keeping a great core of potential all around him. This side looks on the brink of being able to truly challenge for the later stages of the CL, which must be pretty exciting. Will try to follow this career from now on.

4 hours ago, noikeee said:

I enjoyed that tactics update, it seems we're all slowly reaching similar tactical conclusions as I've been going through much of the same of what you did - having a F9 next to another striker but missing the defensive solidity behind them; attempting 2 IFs and a AF and hating how that played out; having fun with mezzalas and trequartistas (I'm using a Treq as AMC though); and also closing down less on a few backline players to compensate for other high pressing settings (personally I like to do that only on my FBs).

The squad building feels like it's going well here with some truly great players coming in. Loved the touch of bringing in Firmino on pre-retirement mode for sentimental reasons, whilst keeping a great core of potential all around him. This side looks on the brink of being able to truly challenge for the later stages of the CL, which must be pretty exciting. Will try to follow this career from now on.

Thanks @noikeee Its been a fun tactical journey, I really miss the F9 and AF combo, it was just so much fun to watch and the F9 was just amazing.

I did also actually try only the FB/WBs as not pressing but I was getting annoyed when a CB would charge out to the left/right and leave a bus sized gap in the middle. It has peaked my interest to try a flat back 3, leaving the middle of the CBs as not pressing and the CB on either side of him pressing and I might actually work on setting that up and having a look now. I will just need to work and think how I will set up the middle 2 x CMs. I’ll have a think.

I have played half the season now, I am now less convinced on the Mezzala and the Inverted Winger on the same side. Initially, they were not bumping into each other but I have seen it quite a lot in the last few games so I may need to change or tweak this again. 

Options include;

•    Try an Inside Forward and not the Inverted Winger but I don’t have a right footed player I can use there and both the wide players are 2 of my 4 Ukrainians. 
•    Its possible that a Left Winger on Attack could work
•    I have an interesting but crazy idea to play with 2 x BBM Infront of the Regista but this could be risky.
•    AP on support, this should get him into the desired area around the number 10 position.

I love Bobby, there was no chance I was going to let him sit there and retire as a free agent. Hes been a fun impact sub for me.

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2026/27- July Fixtures

Let’s get back to the action on the pitch now, July was fabulous as we embedded the updated tactical system and we brushed aside everybody. The Super Kubok against Kiev was the 3rd time we played them for this trophy and unlike the first 2 versions we cleaned this up easily to lock down domestic trophy number 1 for the season. Was a good ‘tough’ start with back to back games against Shakhtar (Loved Firmino scoring on his debut 😊 ) and Kiev but also the perfect way to see how the changes went.  We also retained our fake trophy in the Friendly Cup, it was an immediate return for Vega who was between the posts for Galatasaray and I am sure he left quite upset with the trashing. 

565a5895bd4324dd4746835c76329e22.png

Season 2026/27- August Fixtures

6 straight wins in August and plenty of goals as well with Jose Mario on fire early on and he’s bagged 5 goals in the first 3 games this month and has settled very well into the side and his BBM role. More of that please!?

bb5149d36480a2341fc5d64727019168.png

Season 2026/27- August Table

I thought we were off to a flyer until I noticed that Dynamo Kiev is also putting away sides. Neck and neck at the moment, I am quite surprised they have also only conceded the single goal in 6 games. Will we finally have a decent challenge this season? Or will Gennaro Gattuso fade back down the table? Looks like for now that Shakhtar are off to their customary slow start again, at this point with 2 defeats they are probably done already for the season.

b0f5779f5ee81bb46112b9abbe9265c0.png

2026/27 - Champions League Group Draw

Lets be honest, this is all we are really here for now, the domestic scene should be easy enough.  There are some familiar sides for us to get through, first we have Chelsea who beat us in the Europa final a few years back and Werder Bremen were defeated on our run to winning the Europa League only 2 years ago. I am not sure what to think of Salzburg, they should on paper be easy enough but you never know. All in all I am fairly happy with this group and we have a stellar chance to get out of the group in back to back season. This is progress. 

86ccc22ce0f4f4ad71e8694d6727a908.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2026/27- September Fixtures

Ok so we need to talk about this game against Chelsea, we were up 2-0 and then had a penalty to go 3-0 up just after HT (Think it was the 62st minute). We of course miss the penalty and they score 5 ******* goals in the 2nd half to win. You would not believe it if you saw it.  Super frustrated after that game and everybody we played after this then had to take some fire. We smashed 18 goals in 4 games and including a 4-0 demolition of Salzburg. 

5a9a617852db1be5ca6b2e386dce6f2a.png

Here are two of the 'amazing' goals that Chelsea scored, I swear my was so close to throwing my laptop in the bin.

Stupid Goal 1

Stupid Goal 2

Season 2026/27- October Fixtures

More great form in October, we are crushing teams at the moment. Not sure how Werder got away with a 1-1 draw either, I think we had 40 shots on goal. Apart from the Chelsea stupidity are defence is rock solid at the moment, we are very very hard to break down. 

11579ccd0870d220ed143227be6dc099.png

Season 2026/27- October Table

No stopping us now, Dynamo crashed and burned and it was the end of Gattuso and his adventure in Kiev. With 46 goals scored and 4 conceded, we are cruising to our best ever domestic season. I think the league title is going to be wrapped up in November/December at this rate, we look unstoppable. Cheeky little upstarts Karpaty are clinging on to 2nd place at the moment. 

d45f2f95be2b0926ddeacb3ee3ed0d83.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2026/27- November Fixtures

3 times played against Chelsea and 3 times we have lost. We just cant beat them. The rest of November was a walk in the park, we smashed Werder Bremen away and walked through the rest of the locally based teams. Scoring goals for fun, all the players are contributing as well, it’s a joy to watch (not against Chelsea) but 3.5 goals per game is fantastic. With 8 goals for Budkivskyi this month, he’s really enjoying his new role and back to the man we love.

ad99a408a6df6fb3d7310355b26e7de7.png

Season 2026/27- November Table

The league title is going to be wrapped up in the next month, we are absolutely dominate at the moment. 

affa480d8d4ea5e47e342943aa98452f.png

2026/27 - Champions League Group

We have just the 1 game to go in the Champions League and that’s away to Salzburg, we should fine assuming we don’t lose that and Werder don’t beat Chelsea.

1e298c986ade1a67a81672504e02c11e.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2026/27- December Fixtures

The goals keep flowing in December, blasting everything in our path at the moment. We also wrapped up the league title in December. Stupidly easy in the end, so now I can send out some of the exciting youth prospects and see what they are all about.

f6cb20020b5290eb6b948512c52c8c95.png

Season 2026/27- December Table

82 goals in 25 games, this is actually equaling the record of 82 (set by Metalist in 2023/24) and our defence is amazing. Just he 6 conceded goals all season. We have 5 games to go in the league, I am now wondering if we can hit 100 goals in a 30 game league campaign?  It should be pretty close. 

99471cc9841f732aa2e0d2e18c49d20c.png

Even the AI is so impressed that they are confused and don't realise this was title number 5 in a row. I think because we wrapped it up before the calendar year, there is bug or something. Its 100% 5 league titles in row.

0fa71d0db674bcc1c1bb120ed31d0abf.png

2026/27 - Winter Squad Stats

Obviously with such an awesome start of the season, almost all of the players are shining bright at the moment. 

The changes made to the tactic are working very well, Lozano is destroying teams in the Mezzala role and Jose Mario is also unstoppable playing BBM. I wanted to mention Senoussi, he’s trying to learn and play Regista this season and its not a natural position for him but his rating of 8.08 would suggest he’s capable. He dictates the play so well, always collecting it deep and driving the side forward, some of his assists have been world class.

This season has also seen Budkivskyi return to his former glory days, hes scored 26 in 27 games so far and the freedom of playing Trequratista is paying off. He should hopefully be much more comfortable with this position after a full season playing there as well. I think he has over 150 goals for the club already, hes still only 22. 

We have a few months off now, we will resume back in late Feb with the Champions League and the league is wrapped up again in March. January always brings issues for me, its hunting duck season on my squad from the European big boys. We have interest in Lunin, Kusnyir, Lozano, Chotovinsky, Sokol, Sant’ana Marques and Budkivskyi. Small spoiler alert but 2 of those players did depart in January, we added another 140 million to the bank balance but the good news is that I agreed to both sales on my own. 

da12539d4a2f31af3ca598728e7cfa23.png

2026/27 - Champions League First Knockout Draw

Oh seriously? I actually have nightmares about Mbappe...... and I've not been close to beating them in 3 previous games. They are the best team in my save, they have the best player in Mbappe and they won it the year before. This is going to be fine...right?

I guess you have to beat the best teams to win it. 

Thats it for today, I will finish the 2nd half the season tonight and update tomorrow.

8a76afcf559b200a195889afb9754525.png

e4206448b0361fa9cce8897936a95b5d.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Winning a league title in December :lol:

Good luck against PSG

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

Winning a league title in December :lol:

Good luck against PSG

hahah but to be fair the league does finish in March. They cram 25 games into the the first "half" then I have to sit around pushing space bar for months...

The one good thing is using that time to make my notes and screenshots for the updates. I guess its a good blessing.

Edited by Kingofcm03

Wow you are smashing it domestically! That is unreal. I feel bad for the other teams. And Shakhtar are not even 2nd, yikes!

Good luck against PSG, it sounds like you will need it.

Season 2026/27- January 

Not too much drama this January, we received a 40 million pound bid for Lozano, I sent a cheeky “give me 80 million” with the assumption they would reject it. Turns out they were happy with that number as well so we did let Lozano move on, hes been fantastic for us (22 Games with 10 goals and 15 assists) but that’s lots of money for us so we let him move on. I was confident that he would easier to replace than others. We have Chotovinsky who wants more game minutes and I have a few regens already arranged to join us in the summer, while they are are only 17/18 they have high potential so I figured for 5 games left it was a simple decision. Had it been a longer 2nd half of the season then its likes likely he would have stayed. 

The other random sale was our RB in Erik Kusnyir, strange sale actually. We really needed him for registration issues but 61 million for a soon be 27 year old was too good. I will manage the 5 games remaining with just using Guivisdalsky (Who’s better but not Ukrainian) and I am sure this can be resolved during the summer.

These 2 transfers have now pushed us over 300 million on sales this year.

f767e30e4a4e1c00bd5dd7850c8cf498.png

Michael Vinicius

I didn’t initially plan to make this transfer, after Lozano left I was going to be happy using the 3 current centre midfielders left and hope for the best. I have a few youth prospects I could use in an emergency and play in the remaining 5 league games so they really only had to play against PSG and beyond. However I had been tracking this guy since he was 17, I was waiting for him to turn 18 and then decide if we would act. I went to have a look again in January and saw that Man City were monitoring the situation, it was decided to act now. The only question is where to play him? He probaby cant really play the now vacant Mezzala role but could he play Regista? That would mean moving Senoussi into Mezzala but he’s also currently the highest rated player in the squad. Lets see where this goes…

05f634be5ee550eb2d94176a916c50e4.png

Djordje Pejic

The scouts found this kid, they were in love with him. I have been trying to create a full conveyor belt of talent in my under 21s, usually I am buying super cheap players and loaning them out. No exceptions here, this kid was sent straight out to Westerlo in the Juplier League and he’s promptly scored 4 goals in 6 games. Could be a talent. 

d7cf0a11b2d55cc9bda8a2848def528c.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2026/27- February Fixtures

Predicably we lost to PSG, it was not as bad as it looked. They are just much more clinical in front of goals (see below) the 90+3rd minute goal from that man Mbappe was a hammer blow. 

408683c66fb678be2755e750da7cb861.png

It really was not that bad now was it? We just failed to score. We just cant live with Mbappe, hes stupidly good as everybody knows from their saves. I think he had 2 shots and 2 goals. There is huge mountain to climb back in Paris, probably have no chance but I will work on a game plan for this game.

e080e1b59640ff14730aa0415db438cb.png

Here he is, on the way to what I think is 6 or 7 straight Ballon d'or wins.

25e445af187ad90f3fdbe9c05d39759c.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2026/27- March - April and May Fixtures

Yes, we lost to PSG. We contained Mbappe this game, I changed my Regista into a DM-D and I had him and Canario specifically man mark him out of the game. 

We lost 4 games all season 2 x Chelsea and 2 x PSG. Not the worst but still they were the ones that counted, beating Chelsea would have put me as a group winner and an easier First Knockout Round.

The rest of the season went as planned, we complete the domestic treble, the Kubok Ukrainy Final was rough. Obolon-Brewer are playing down a division (They are getting promoted as winners) and beat Shakhtar in the semi-final. I kind of expected to win 6-0 but they were well drilled.

5a1e2871bb285e1af04cbf0aa57d3e4a.png

Again this game was not as bad as it looks, we got offer to an early flyer. That made me sit up and take notice and start the “oh were on here” talks in my head.  That lasted 6 mins before they scored (contained Mbappe but not Vinicius Junior) and then a 33 year old Pogba buried me in the 77th minute. Still however there is no way this was an easy 4-1 aggregate win for them. 

f6c2db4adfaeb148b3279c3a6445b9b6.png

Season 2026/27- Final Table

Credit to Kapaty for getting that 1 draw against us, it stopped me doing something I’ve never done I don’t think. The 100% win season. We also “failed” to get the 100 goals in 30 games I was chasing as well, however just 6 conceded is amazing. We wont be giving up this title unless Shakhtar sign Mbappe 

The big news from this season both Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar will not being playing European football next season, they both and in particular Dynamo Kiev had horrible seasons. 

156a28a7f4b73fa53b624f0e748c35f4.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2026/27 - Review and Thoughts

Our 5th attempt in the Champions League and we are progressing,  we took 2 seasons to make it out of the groups, then next 2 seasons we were knocked out in the First Knockout Round. Simple logic would suggest we will make the next round in season 9 or its simply because I am doing something wrong and its me.

4730eac1e3e67562ae7c183340152bd1.png

Awards

Pretty spot on with this, Amine Senoussi was suburb for us this season, he should only get better as well. Its also a blessing that hes not indicated hes unhappy or having his head turned by bigger clubs.

65abc68525c63a303af2d085ef7bfd19.png

Finances

This was taken in February so its actually slightly more now as we got a little small boost from exiting the Champions League. Plenty of cash to burn, we should be in a good place to improve further again. 

9d0856fd80fe3781d6c3423a63b85890.png

Season 2026/27 - Final Squad Stats

Very happy with most players this season, not much to complain about and that’s too be expected really with the season we had.

Just a few thoughts for next season that are running though my head, outside of trying to plan around keeping the majority of this squad together. As you can see we have 10 players wanted by bigger clubs, I will be trying to keep as many as possible this year. I don’t want another massive overhaul and I don’t think we need to do much

Some key points;

•    Bombicino didn’t settle very well. Not sure what his issue is, but ill change a new role for him.
•    I need to sign a Ukrainian RB to play in the league, he’s likely going to be terrible as the depth at the National level is poor.
•    Vinicius didn’t set the world on fire in the Regista or Mezzala position, this should be ok as he can play backup next season Senoussi. I will blood some kids in the Mezalla spot.

6c605e62cc6d2d9acc735f62cd077dcb.png

Thats the end of season 8, I will probably work on my Ukraine update before I start the next season. As always any thoughts, comments are welcome. They keep me occupied at work haha

Edited by Kingofcm03

Shirt badge/Association crest

Brief History

After Ukrainian Independence and the country's breakaway from the Soviet Union, they played their first match against Hungary on 29 April 1992. The team's biggest success on the world stage was reaching the quarter-finals in the 2006 FIFA World Cup, which also marked the team's debut in the finals of a major championship.

As the host nation, Ukraine automatically qualified for UEFA Euro 2012 but it was a poor campaign and they won just the single game against Sweden and were eliminated at the group stage.  Four years later, Ukraine qualified for Euro 2016 via the play-off route, the first time qualifying for a UEFA European Championship via the qualifying process, as they finished in third place in their qualifying group. This marked the first time in Ukraine's five play-off appearances that it managed to win such a tie, previously having been unsuccessful in the play-off ties for the Euro 2000, 2002 World Cup, 2010 World Cup and 2014 World Cup. However Euro 2016 was also a disaster, they finished bottom of their group containing Germany, Poland and Northern Island and they also didn’t score a single goal.

Ukraine has always been a successful youth football power in Europe and the world, yet fails to deliver the same success at senior stage. The U-20 team of Ukraine has been the current reigning world champions at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2019, while the U-21 team has won silver medal in the 2006 UEFA European Under-21 Championship; however in spite of this rich record in youth stage, the senior side didn't achieve the same level of achievement. 

Current Rankings

Room to grow, not sure whats going on in Congo? they are ranked 79th in the real world so there is something brewing. I will report back.

ac18c4e145d6ed4c27f96ad4e67530f3.png

Ukraine Squad 2027

There is some quality here, they are just getting old now. All the best players will be all north of 30 for the 2030 World Cup so we are going to oversee a revolution, once I get the chance to do the long and proper research. My mistake but I left our boy Sokol out of the squad. He is 100% getting called up to the team.

a0f85be94aea6c15936ed7e592ab2e01.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Good updates as always, interesting to see you take on the national team as well.

Can you put up a screenshot of Senoussi?

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Good updates as always, interesting to see you take on the national team as well.

Can you put up a screenshot of Senoussi?

Yeah, its a little bit for selfish reasons as it gives me a full view of all the Ukrainian players. Its pretty close to be believable tho as I've been in the country for 8 seasons of football so I can see it happening in the real world so I've allowed it. It also gives me something to do during the terribly long breaks of games you have in Ukraine. I also have a hidden agenda to get none Ukrainian born players into the National team for my own personal ambitions. 

Here he is;

A full season playing Regista and learning the craft but hes still not 100% "green" in that role

00c522f5383746588fb5ed1b530d4395.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Previous Results

Lets have a quick look at how they have fared prior to myself joining and get an idea of what we are dealing with. There is also the first update of my time in charge, the first run through the Nations League and I've also done 2 games of the next Euro Qualifiers. Everything is in order of years so scrolling down will bring you to the current update of each competion.

Nations League

2020/21 - Nations League Group A

Well this first run in the nations league was a disaster to say the least as they were relegated down to Group B. Pretty tough on Shevchenko here to be fair, imagine getting France, Croatia and Belgium in your group!

facf3fd335e3ffa1673b057b5e0b0c5e.png

2022/23 - Nations League Group B

A little better down in Group B this time, they didn't get promoted but at least won some games :applause: 

47f8aa97484ea1cf8ca9a82ddb84b6e3.png

2024/25 - Nations League Group B

Ok so they finally got promoted back to Group A this time, in fairly soft group but a little disappointed in Serbia. The next update will be my first crack at this competition with Ukraine.

fd0b0aae99083e65fc28a6bd252491d0.png

2026/27 - Nations League Group A

Here we go then, my first games and competition in charge.

We didn't get relegated, it was tough group as well. We also only lost the single game, however the draws just hurt us in the end and we couldn't get it done. Still was pretty happy, I am trying to get the team used to the new tactic and style so it will take some time to get flowing

8a626bcac0c188dedea2b784701392f6.png

8a251fec202855ed3a7a684af61097f2.png

Previous Results

European Championships

We move onto the European Championship this time and see whats going on here

Euro 2020

They didn't qualify for Euro 2020, I would have thought they might have sneaked into 2nd place here but it was not to be. France would go on and beat Spain in the final

51b81fc893fa729eef04246acca55943.png

Euro 2024

Same story here as well, actually ended up further down this time. In truth this was very very poor campaign. Euro 2024 would see Croatia go on and beat Italy in the final.

a873f7f0114dc11a32bc6c0469ffae6e.png

Euro 2028

Now, its my time to right some wrongs and it started well. I was quite surprised at the quality of Slovakia and they did beat us away from home. I now have 3 months to build the squad I want and I can take some time to work through the players that will be required. I slightly confident. I also think we get a small chance if we finish 2nd but the rules are not super clear.

7b539db1ffaf65b86d6e31fc0364516e.png

e67621f7e885dd88cfcf4d7db50cd5e8.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Previous Results

FIFA World Cup

Finally we get to the World Cup, its slightly better reading and results than the other competitions, not sure how.

World Cup 2022- Qatar

To my surprised they actually qualified from the group for a change and they headed off to Qatar with some good results and form

151b314eb11b862f015459cabfb56f86.png

Group Games

Soft group really and I expected they would have made it. They didn't lose to England either!

b9cf80bd0f2af97a1a6589a9bd7d80e2.png

2nd Round

Sadly this was the end of their run, they surprisingly lost the USA and would head home.

Belgium beating Tunisia 7-0 and  then losing to Columbia is a very Belgium thing to do....

2a473ceb0601be49903c92f8898078a5.png

World Cup 2026 - USA, Canada and Mexico

Another strong qualification for the Ukraine, they progress behind England

790da9645e8d780cae336028eb618562.png

Group Games

Seriously 16 groups of 3 teams and 2 games? Who came up with this dumb idea. Too many teams.

At least they qualified!

24f60be1c8d440a83107ede614b232cd.png

2nd Round

So many teams and games, I was not able to fit them all in, the good news is that the Ukraine beat Mexico and then ran into a rampaging Holland and were promptly sent home.

a3286d8785541f0ab5d953f7d165295c.png

Everything is updated now, I will add in a report later during the next round of games.

Edited by Kingofcm03

I think you just need to get a kinder draw in the CL last 16 to get going. Or Mbappe to retire.

The national team is an interesting diversion. I find it often makes sense to take over the national side in these smaller leagues with domestic player restrictions, in which getting national players is key.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking about that idea of playing a lone trequartista upfront, as a possible option for the Macarthur joint save side. Can I steal that idea or do I need to play royalties? :D 

3 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I think you just need to get a kinder draw in the CL last 16 to get going. Or Mbappe to retire.

The national team is an interesting diversion. I find it often makes sense to take over the national side in these smaller leagues with domestic player restrictions, in which getting national players is key.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking about that idea of playing a lone trequartista upfront, as a possible option for the Macarthur joint save side. Can I steal that idea or do I need to play royalties? :D 

I am about to put a cheeky bid in for Mbappe actually, I have the funds. Obviously he wont join but I find it funny

Agreed, the specific motivation was to get a better top down view of the Nation. 

By all means, go for it! Its working well and its working well on various players and I'll likely be using this when its my turn on that as well.

I am still not 100% sold on Mezzala playing the same side as the IW, that left side is the final piece of my puzzle from IW, MEZ and FB. Just cant get the right combos

Progress Tracker - 2027 Update

Just updating the tracking before I get started on season number 9, I have played through the summer window and the first month of games. I will have an update out at some stage tomorrow as I have been busy with work/life.

Progress is tracking along well, we completed the upgraded to the Youth Recruitment and I have now requested to upgrade the Academy and Youth Facilities

I have also just seen there was a new match engine update, that is always fun to start a new season with!

6e2ad192036cca868c6b87e631020f48.png

Season 9 - 2027/28

Season 2027/28

Firstly, for those interested in this still, I must apologise for lack of updates this week. I had a busy and boring ‘real world’ to deal with so the FM World sadly had to wait.

The good news is that I am ready to update you with season number 9! And our quest for Champions League glory in the Ukraine will continue. I do however suspect that the domestic front should be an easy ride and I’ll be expected to complete a 3rd straight domestic treble. However obviously my aim and for your entertainment purposes,  I need to finally get through the First Knockout round of the Champions League as we have been eliminated at this stage the previous 2 seasons and right now to date this is still the furthest we have made.

Transfers 2027/28

Fair warning this window was nothing special despite having a quite ridiculous 185 Million in the bank.

I spent the entire summer fighting off teams on about 80% of my squad because I was 100% committed to not selling anybody, I wanted to use the same squad and just add some depth to the squad for the domestic challenge. I also will warn you that the players that did arrive are all fairly terrible aside from 1 or 2, I had the plan to add some Ukrainian players (From Transfers and from under 21s)  that I could use in the league against most teams outside the matches with Dynamo and Shakhtar, this would ease my foreigner restriction issue but give me a selection headache when the players started complaining.  I also came to the decision that you dont need World Class players in all positions, you need players who can get the job done with as little fuss as possible, some workman like players who build the squad depth is the best way to describe this window.

f1e82fbd5745675fe27ca1e4424a71af.png

Ovidiu Copilescu

Not a new signing but a player I bought in last summer, he spent the last season on loan in Russian with top flight side Arsenal Tula. He impressed during this season away so I decided he would come into the squad this season, hence the update here with his abilities. He looks like a really good talent and is able to play in all front 3 positions but for us he will likely be used as a Left Winger where I can use his rapid pace and dribbling to worry teams.

36d44b74b8ebc3c75c5f2115e99962d9.png

Andriy Kosovan

I was mildly intrigued with Kosovan, I want to bring him in and develop him for the National team. I am not sure exactly what I will do with him but I can see him being a handy option for us in the league games and has at least some ability.

ad3e5ff491d98e602d6b6333eb504abd.png

Valeriy Luchkevych

Strange signing really, I needed a Ukrainian RB who would play the majority of the league games and there is terrible quality at this position available. So we have overpaid and signed Luchkeych and sadly he’s probably the 2nd or 3rd best option for the National team as well. I did locate a young regen that could possibly work but he needs development so I have left him for this season and will have a look again next year.

b9d11a1b1fc755f1a71c0b9639e798e2.png

Orest Kolomoiskyi

Again another strange signing but again just a squad player who can help out. He will get some games as well because I want to see if he’s good enough to step up into the National side.

c4331fa870821b49853e228238883963.png

Rodolfo Silva

I had to wait almost 1.5 years to complete this signing as we actually signed him a long time ago. The young Uruguayan will join the squad this summer and add some depth to my already wonderful midfield core, I can see him getting lots of games this season as we work towards moving him into the first 11 team in the near future.

0e4a45a413b0462c6f5b7ed531990bba.png

Ilija Bojovic

Not sure what I’ll do with Bojovic but the scouts loved him so we jumped on and signed him. He was promptly sent out on loan until I can work out what he will be doing for us.

f3b9cd22eb68c5403084044101936938.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2027/28 - Full Squad

Massive squad this season, I can see it causing me some issues as everybody wants to play and I was already battling this last season before the extra players were added.  I know for a fact that both Lunin and Edenilson are going to complain and I suspect that either Felber or Canario are not going to be happy either as we rotate the squad around. 

I do have a problem with both Jeka and Sokol this season, they are both being caught up performance and development wise by the other players and they are no longer guaranteed to start for us. I think the plan will be to use them for the league games where they are better than needed and in Europe we can then use players like Marco Sant’ana and Copilescu.

You will notice a few “new” faces as I have promoted Marchenko and Kewell from the Under 21s and Kewell scored 40 goals last season with the Under 21s.

bfbef811779391f01c4c635e9261b772.png

Finances

Seriously healthy here, we have to add the Champions League cash as well soon.

I am a little worried about the wage committed each week, we will lose close to 4 million a month because we dont make any money from the league or attendance. We could go into free fall financially so we have to win some group games in the Champions League to supplement this.

85048b8a28a3a54d71c1a0f8f6ee53c8.png

2027/28 - Champions League Group Draw

Our quest to win the group was not made easy, we have to play defending Champions Chelsea and as you recall we have played them 3 times (Europa Final and last year in the same group stage) and they have beaten us 3 times easily. I am not too worried with Milan, they should be beatable and I love the random addition of Stuttgart who finished 2nd in the Bundesliga last season. 

e48d685239945a2922826483f1e3205d.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2027/28-  June and July Fixtures

Quick question, does anybody know how to remove these annoying colour filters on the default FM Dark skin? They seemed to pop up after the last update. They are annoying me beyond belief and I can’t see anywhere to make them go away. They have a different colour for friendlies, league and cup games. I want them all the same.

Enough whinging and back to the games, we cruised through the friendlies and won yet another Super Kubok. 

14b577a4bfdfcdc6ee0d4690cc7d2f75.png

Season 2027/28-  August Fixtures

Same story here in August, we pass the first tough month of the season with Shakhtar, Dynamo Kiev and Olimpik Donetsk being the best 3 sides possible but all 3 are brushed aside. I had to feel sorry for Nikopol in the cup, Kewell smashed 6 goals passed them and it would have been more but I sent out the reserves. Kewell taking a 90 + 3rd minute penalty made me laugh because he already had 5 and at this point I would have let somebody different have a go. 

40af56cbd9adb26b87676bc28627889a.png

Season 2027/28- September Fixtures

Predictably we lose to Chelsea, Moise Kean who I think is probably only 2nd to Mbappe in my save as the best player on the planet scored a screamer. Lets hope he does not turn out that good in real life, we can’t be having Everton with players of this quality. It was a rampaging month outside of this result, we scored 25 goals in 7 games and result at home to Milan was great.

022174a6f5c503e924b3509dd803bb1b.png

Season 2027/28 - September Table

The perfect 10 from 10 to start the season, looks like Kiev and Shakhtar are going to have good battle for 2nd place this season. 

8598c8a6a1fd71e833dfaac3eb396d73.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2027/28- October Fixtures

Stuttgart proved to be quite more annoying that I expected, they defended well and grounded out a 0-0 draw. Frustrating really. No other issues in October as we easily accounted for everybody domestically and continued to put teams to the sword. 

ae4167445cbd9154e8e9c96be066c1c4.png

Champions League Group

3 games down and 3 games to go, it’s a very tight group at the moment. I have the 2 away games to go against Milan and Stuttgart and I will need to win those to give me a chance to top the group and a potentially easier game in the next round.

ac49447f22653102c3beeb10193f0eb0.png

Season 2027/28- October Table

We are on course to have the league wrapped up again in December, we are on track to score slightly less and concede slightly more than last season but I am putting that down to our rotation of players and the fact I am sending out weaker sides than I could in the league. I have also made some very slight adjustments to how we play and I think its had an effect on the goal output but we are more solid and control the games better. I am looking for more clear chances and less half chances.

df9f947f0b0369ba742affbe83a4993f.png

Season 2027/28- November Fixtures

Superb performance against the Germans! Then we finally took a point from Chelsea, our first point in 5 games against them and we have 1 more game against Milan away. If we can win or draw this, we should be able to finish in first place. The only other news is that Kapaty the cheeky little buggers have ruined my 100% season AGAIN! And again it was 0-0.  They were the single team to draw against me last season at their home and you wouldn’t believe it but they have done it again. I have beaten them 4-0 earlier this season, 2-0 in the Super Kubok and I also beat them 5-0 last season. Amazing really.

76ceb1f59fa732264e3b482481c9982c.png

Season 2027/28- November Table

With 9 games to go we are equal on goals conceded and our output of goals is 33 behind. I still think we are going to get close to that and at least over 90 goals, I might send out better teams to try and chase it.

102911f65a4e70c181c0d602db20b9a9.png

Champions League Group

Its quite possible that Chelsea, the defending Champions are not going to make it out of the group. It can also still go very wrong, if Milan beat us and then Chelsea win then we are going to be knocked out.

514db194c5c9197c0b8e4b903c90d806.png

Season 2027/28- December Fixtures

We didn’t get the win against Milan away but it didn’t make too much of a difference because Chelsea couldn’t beat Stuttgart. We had some limp performances against Illichviets and Volyn but that’s fine. We end December as 6 times Champion of Ukraine.

19f6712cb6d00aea24aeb946f922345e.png

Season 2027/28- December Winter Table

Champions again in December!

4de5bdc71e0687d2609e1932227b72ef.png

Champions League Group

I know it’s a tad cynical but I loved that Chelsea didn’t make it out, I have not enjoyed playing them this save and I don’t really like them in the real world either. In being knocked out in the groups, they become the first since and 2nd only defending champions to be knocked out since…Chelsea in 2012. That is a great record for them! 

I am however obviously very happy we have managed to win a group stage finally. It was brutal group in the end, I don’t think anybody thought the Germans would be that hard to beat.

7802fa668f2ac237b26470e03ab02d6c.png

Champions League - First Knockout Round

An annoying draw actually, they didn't win their group and represent a tough danger for us. Thankfully Ronaldo is long retired, we will head to Turin first and try and smash in an away goal.

d3d2c9148bb593dbc43f355c585d6d13.png

Season 2027/28- Winter Squad Stats

At the halfway stage, all players have been used. I have employed a huge rotation system this season to try and keep players fresh and happy. 

I also have no real issues or complaints over performances at the moment, everybody is in the green category apart from the GKs and Marchenko due to limited minutes. On the flip side we have some great performances from the usual suspects Budkivskyi, Senoussi and Jose Mario (This man loves a long range goal) and I have slowly been introducing Copilescu and he’s paid me back with 12 goals and 8 assists in his 23 starts. I will not be making any signings this window, we will try and fend off all sales but I have allowed Bombicino to leave and he will join Watford in January. He just never really settled and I have too many quality left footed wide players.

1524c6b47266cbf97174e1051f6ba5f7.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2027/28 - January

If January is a prelude for the summer window, its going to be very annoying. I had Flamengo chasing Mario all month, they wouldn’t stop. Then Dortmund, Chelsea and PSG went hard for Seroussi. I told them I would require 120 million and they eventually let go, the highest we got was 89 million. I realised very late that Lunin had his contact expiring so I have to quickly wrap that up, we had offers all the way until he signed in late December. In total 12 players were wanted and I received bids on all 12 but I have thankfully managed to retain them all.

58fd37bac561ed605bced167a2674bba.png

Season 2027/28- February Fixtures

We destroyed Spartak Moscow in February, then headed straight to Turin to face Juventus. We scored super early, I thought we might have a chance to blow them away but they scored and completed the 1-1 draw. We do however have the away goal. Feeling good about this now, we should be able to play well at home as I didn't see much that worried me

576a6d3021116300bad83138674c0547.png

Champions League - First Knockout Round

Finally! We have made it passed this stage for the first time. Actually was easier than I ever thought, the Italians were no match for our speed and pace on the counter and we just had a  more clinical edge.  Super excited to finally shake this monkey off our back and progress to a Quarter Final of the Champions League

6be93e7e024387099b9047c00903017b.png

Season 2027/28- March Fixtures

What a month! Budkivskyi went on a rampage and scored 10 goals this month. What a legend he is for this club. That’s now the end of the league season, we have the Semi Final of the Kubok Ukrainy and a Quarter Final of the Champions league to play next month.

7e697f86ef53b0e8f3319439ef455d7c.png

Season 2027/28 - Final League Table

We fell short a little on my internal targets, I didn’t want to go backwards on goals and goals conceded but we did slightly drop down. The only thing I can think of is that its simply due to rotation, I am going to 100 goals next season and I want that 100% record of 30 wins from 30 games.

Shakhtar surprisingly bounced back up, they were better with no European action and it helped them. The same cant be said for Dynamo Kiev, they struggled again and will go into the European places playoff and last seasons surprise packets Karpaty (2nd) and Desna Chernihiv also fell back into obscurity. 

17936f490b3089aed18229958a57795d.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2027/28 - Champions League Quarter Final

I have not fared well against English sides in the past but I did actually beat United in 2025 in the Europa League Final. So they will be out for revenge but it gives us confidence they are beatable. We get to play at home first, the plan will be to get a nice and convincing win, we are usually pretty good at home. So if we can win that, I will head to Manchester and hold on for dear life. 

87c9aa81edef45b5a2a26ffd30a3f520.png

Season 2027/28 - Champions League Semi Final Draw

Looking ok! If we can skip through Man United then we have a manageable tie vs Lazio or Benfica. I was very happy to see that Schalke knocked out PSG on penalties last round and City vs Barcelona is perfect for us.

I'll finish the season later tonight and report back tomorrow with update.

ba28d50e186daffc25da0cb66753e7fc.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

United are dispatched at home, with our Captain Budkivskyi scoring a double to give us a massive edge in this tie. Most important was the clean sheet, so we head over to the UK knowing if we can score 1 goal then it will be very hard for them to get through.

b4824b885fdd9a4c4f2a67afb4fb3952.png

So we didn’t beat United in the return leg, they were pushing very hard to beat us, we had employ a low block for most of the 2nd half to try and stop them running through us. They did manage to score a penalty in the 89th minute, this sent my nerves into overdrive as I was expecting the usual late goal for them to win 2-0 and go into extra time. In fact I was so convinced I started to prepare my subs to bring on with the best penalty takers

ee53cc954bbd0e285b01c0bc2988771b.png

Season 2027/28 - Champions League Semi Final

Very happy with this draw, I have some recent wins over Lazio and I am mildly confident we can beat them. If we can beat them, I really would prefer to face to Schalke and not City for obviously reasons. However firstly we must beat the Italians and playing at home first is better for us.

0f463f0feaa88cf3744256940c28cef4.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

Season 2027/28 - Champions League Semi Final - Leg 1

Boom! get in there!!

Copilescsu and Sant'ana are becoming huge cult heroes on this Champions League runs, they come up big here and rive home the Italians 3-1 to set us up perfectly for a run to the final. Copilescu in particular just loves scoring the early goal for us in matches and he again delivers the goods. 

523c35f068913e0f61f5d8c2e635ca19.png

Season 2027/28 -  April Games

With all the excitment of the Champions League, I forgot about my domestic duties and had to squeeze in the Kubok Ukrainy Semi Final against Volyn. I rotated all my Champions League players and we cruised into the final yet again.

84e006d4e4eaf73270a8fa6d9b49c63d.png

Season 2027/28 - Champions League Semi Final

Champions League Final here we come!

Not the best of games really, they  had me worried at 2-1 up but Captain fantastic Budkivskyi scores the late goal to knock them out and put us in the final. I was feeling pretty good after the early goal rubbed out their away goal but they would not go down without a fight and we had to really concentrate to get through in the end. Its not how you win but just as long as you do win. Our away form is not as good at the moment so the Final should be interesting. 

82a97ff340e46ab1fbca1dcbf27cdb9c.png

Season 2027/28 - Champions League Final

Our opponents for this historic final will be the powerful Man City team, I am not sure what to expect here. They have some crazy regens who are off the planet but they also have some of the original players who despite being older are still quality. They have also beaten us twice before in the only 2 meetings between the sides. 

2098fb6d3cf9b87feacc382a7ae86d0e.png

Season 2027/28 - Champions League Final

Metalist 1925 - The Champions of Europe!

What a final. What a performance. 

We come flying out of the box yet again in what is now our signature move of getting the jump, we open up very attacking in the first 15 mins and stun City. To their credit they do bring it back to 1-1 not long after. At HT its all pretty even and anybody can win it but we come out of the break and instantly get the lead. I was tempted to deploy my low block and hold on for dear life but this is the Champions League Final and if we lose then we lose as men not cowards defending the box.

Thankfully we score in the 83rd minute for who else but our Captain? The title is ours. We are Kings of Europe.  

Unbelievable scenes as the Champions League trophy is heading to the Ukraine.

56b90933424a1490f99fbcdc28190437.png

Season 2027/28 - May Fixtures

We also had the Kubok Ukrainy Final in May, was much harder than I expected but have completed a quadruple 

3ee096ab048d8b3436b1285ff849c4b1.png

fc61240a437543c039a2f643b0c3ac5a.png