Problems with match ratings?

I'm not sure of this is a bug or something, or if the game is just programmed like this, but my players often receive abnormally high ratings after bad matches. Just lost to Man City after being completely dominated, and the lowest rating was a 6 (for one player). The rest had 7s and even 8s for some. Other times, I can't recall exactly, but there have been many a game where I concede as many as 5 goals and my defenders still get ratings of 7 or above. Besides being inaccurate of how they played, this also prevents me from warning or fining my players, as they must have had a 6 or below to do so. Please explain the rating system further, and thank you.

Hi, we are currently looking at an issue where it is suggested players match ratings are heavily influenced by what happens at the end of the game. For example, where your team could be four goals down but get two consolation goals in the final ten minutes, and your players ratings are boosted by this - does this sound similar to what you are experiencing?

14 hours ago, Louie Silvani said:

Hi, we are currently looking at an issue where it is suggested players match ratings are heavily influenced by what happens at the end of the game. For example, where your team could be four goals down but get two consolation goals in the final ten minutes, and your players ratings are boosted by this - does this sound similar to what you are experiencing?

Yes, I believe that's what it is, thank you!

On 08/01/2020 at 22:30, SirLycosid said:

I'm not sure of this is a bug or something, or if the game is just programmed like this, but my players often receive abnormally high ratings after bad matches. Just lost to Man City after being completely dominated, and the lowest rating was a 6 (for one player). The rest had 7s and even 8s for some. Other times, I can't recall exactly, but there have been many a game where I concede as many as 5 goals and my defenders still get ratings of 7 or above. Besides being inaccurate of how they played, this also prevents me from warning or fining my players, as they must have had a 6 or below to do so. Please explain the rating system further, and thank you.

I'm very happy you reported this. The match ratings issue was a major bugbear for me when playing FMM19.

On 10/01/2020 at 09:41, Louie Silvani said:

It would also be great if you could look at red cards and their lack of influence on match ratings. Dele Alli received a straight red on the 22nd minute. His overall match rating was 6/10, which is what it was prior to the sending off. In my opinion, Alli should have received a match rating of 3 or below. 

Edited by Lillywhite Dean