Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Karnack

Players not passing to free strikers in box

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this is worth posting (I will add more pkms as I continue to play because I've seen  a lot of similar situations lately).

Origi with the ball here (situation starts at 66:22) and he doesn't take the pass to any of the free attackers onside. Instead he shoots straight at the keeper.

81461368_621498211994537_8503821176320032768_n.thumb.png.4b3f66f3369182db48264b38a2d262a3.png

Liverpool v Valencia.pkm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happens non stop  especially frustrating if he has 6 finishing and u have put him SHOOT less. pass more and learned pass instead of shoot and he still does this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Toshevbgg said:

Happens non stop  especially frustrating if he has 6 finishing and u have put him SHOOT less. pass more and learned pass instead of shoot and he still does this 

@Toshevbgg  The bugs forum is for reporting of issues and assisting the fixing of them by uploading examples.  Please do not spam the Bugs forum with posts just agreeing with others without providing some evidence to back up your views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Karnack said:

Not sure if this is worth posting (I will add more pkms as I continue to play because I've seen  a lot of similar situations lately).

Origi with the ball here (situation starts at 66:22) and he doesn't take the pass to any of the free attackers onside. Instead he shoots straight at the keeper.

81461368_621498211994537_8503821176320032768_n.thumb.png.4b3f66f3369182db48264b38a2d262a3.png

Liverpool v Valencia.pkm 206.65 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for getting in touch and sending in your PKM.

We have had a few posts sent in to us about this issue, so we are working hard to find a fix.

We hope the issue is resolved sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Jemal 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 dakika önce, Jemal Wiseman said:

Thanks for getting in touch and sending in your PKM.

We have had a few posts sent in to us about this issue, so we are working hard to find a fix.

We hope the issue is resolved sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Jemal 

 

Any possibility of a ME update before classic March update? I do not mean an exact date, i mean "possibility"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akinozcan said:

Any possibility of a ME update before classic March update? I do not mean an exact date, i mean "possibility"

We are unsure at the moment but we will announce it when we know. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm noticing the same thing... so many times there are one or even more players completely open and behind the player with the ball (so onside) and the player with the ball shoots at a bad angle instead of laying it off for an all-but-guaranteed tap in. I know that some players are selfish and/or have poor decision making, but this is ridiculous.

Bisceglie v Bari.pkmViterbese v Bari.pkm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Weston said:

I'm noticing the same thing... so many times there are one or even more players completely open and behind the player with the ball (so onside) and the player with the ball shoots at a bad angle instead of laying it off for an all-but-guaranteed tap in. I know that some players are selfish and/or have poor decision making, but this is ridiculous.

Bisceglie v Bari.pkm 147.94 kB · 0 downloads Viterbese v Bari.pkm 144.05 kB · 0 downloads

Could you please post times when this is happening in the PKM?

We can log your examples as this is one of the few open issues we still need fresh examples for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CJ Ramson said:

Could you please post times when this is happening in the PKM?

We can log your examples as this is one of the few open issues we still need fresh examples for

I remember for sure there was one in the first 20 mins of the Viterbese match, the other match I think it happened 2-3 times with Gouri but I can't recall now. I'm pretty busy the next few days and won't have time to play the game otherwise I'd go back and sift through the highlights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this also somewhat tied to strikers not rushing into the box to become available for a pass when the winger is dribbling towards the goal from a tight angle, or is that considered a separate issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

93:32 STR get long pass and its almost 3v1 attack. He doesnt pass maybe acceptable even tough STL Would have open net. Biggest bug here is STC who stops playing when STR gets the ball. Ah he's trying not to get offsided 

 

Halifax Town v York City.pkm

Edited by Pasonen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.thumb.gif.07deb5a2fb4a16bdf18b4750f80e46ba.gif

 

At ~85:50 suprisingly decent pass from central defender with 5 passing, 7 vision to striker who ignores open net at far post for speedy winger. I have seen pass in similar situation only once after 4 seasons watching comprehensive (yeah it hurts! ;). It was pass between 2 strikers in 4-4-2.

Radomiak Radom v Polonia Warszawa.pkm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

Is this also somewhat tied to strikers not rushing into the box to become available for a pass when the winger is dribbling towards the goal from a tight angle, or is that considered a separate issue?

Dont know but thats very annoying bug also. :/Damn zombies..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pasonen said:

Ah he's trying not to get offsided 

Yeah, looks to me as though he starts in an offside position hence why he’s pulling back from the passage of play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that the match engine somehow does not know that passes backwards are never offside even if the receiving player is behind the last defender?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sfistack said:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.thumb.gif.07deb5a2fb4a16bdf18b4750f80e46ba.gif

 

At ~85:50 suprisingly decent pass from central defender with 5 passing, 7 vision to striker who ignores open net at far post for speedy winger. I have seen pass in similar situation only once after 4 seasons watching comprehensive (yeah it hurts! ;). It was pass between 2 strikers in 4-4-2.

Radomiak Radom v Polonia Warszawa.pkm 166.44 kB · 0 downloads

The main problem with  this one is the last-man defender just deciding to leave the striker running and to go back to jogging down the centre of the pitch instead. Defensive AI in this version is appalling. Seems like positional imperatives are overriding dealing with direct threats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Weston said:

Is it possible that the match engine somehow does not know that passes backwards are never offside even if the receiving player is behind the last defender?

Some times I have seen players trying to pass to a more open goal scoring position and pass is taken off by impossible looking tackle from behind. Somehow ai sees more risks than rewards in these situations what we cant see. I have also seen training match preparation teamwork helps a lot in ball movement. Maybe even more than attacking movement. So they should make defence better and at the same time make finishing more creative and better. Not easy task.. 

Edited by Pasonen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kovacevic said:

The main problem with  this one is the last-man defender just deciding to leave the striker running and to go back to jogging down the centre of the pitch instead. Defensive AI in this version is appalling. Seems like positional imperatives are overriding dealing with direct threats.

Thread is focused on 1v1 evaluation so Ive left defending AI w/o mentioning.

But tbh this uploaded pkm is full of

awful defense:

- positioning

- more situations where defending players give up pressure and end useless in defensive action

- double, triple sudden unnecessary pressing

- clearing with weak headers straight to attacking players (for sliding laser volleys)

- abnormal clearing into corners instead of throwins

- throwins ballstoping chasers - lost 4 goals because of this to this day

- ...

awful offense:

- wingers countering straight to the throwin lines, waiting for tackling opposition

- no throughballs from much more creative (flair), better passers with vision than this poor defender from gif

- hitting straight into fullbacks instead of early crossing

- abnormal instant back passing deep to the field, instead of obvious pass into penalty area from very promising action

- 1v1s

- ...

Its nothing new. Those things were reported in other threads. I see those every game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, sfistack said:

Thread is focused on 1v1 evaluation so Ive left defending AI w/o mentioning.

But tbh this uploaded pkm is full of

awful defense:

- positioning

- more situations where defending players give up pressure and end useless in defensive action

- double, triple sudden unnecessary pressing

- clearing with weak headers straight to attacking players (for sliding laser volleys)

- abnormal clearing into corners instead of throwins

- throwins ballstoping chasers - lost 4 goals because of this to this day

- ...

awful offense:

- wingers countering straight to the throwin lines, waiting for tackling opposition

- no throughballs from much more creative (flair), better passers with vision than this poor defender from gif

- hitting straight into fullbacks instead of early crossing

- abnormal instant back passing deep to the field, instead of obvious pass into penalty area from very promising action

- 1v1s

- ...

Its nothing new. Those things were reported in other threads. I see those every game.

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2020 at 17:58, Jemal Wiseman said:

We are unsure at the moment but we will announce it when we know. 

 

@Jemal Wiseman Unsure about if it will be earlier than March? So we should not expect any patch anytime soon? I really miss some kind of update after the “before” Christmas update from @Neil Brock

Edited by Jesper9000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its pretty shocking if ME inst fixed until March. This is the last time I buy the game before then if so .

Next edition should have zero match engine changes (providing its fixed in march!) and focus on other aspects rather than releasing a broken ME for the first 5-6 months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This time my striker decided not shoot at goalkeeper and cross to his teammate instead. Yesss! :hammer:

Im really happy :rolleyes:. Pity he was solo and there were no teammates nearby . This is another "feature" Ive seen dozen times earlier. Being software developer myself I even started to wonder if match engine developers made trivial mistake of placing negation in one of conditional branches in the code.

If theres no option to pass, I see those. If theres open net opportunity - e-e, no pass! :)

Is there a way to get a refund?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that problem exists in f19 as well. it's one of most common problems with engine. i wouldn't expoect it to get fixed as it was never fixed in fm19. fm20 has same engine with small improvments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2020 at 18:58, Jemal Wiseman said:

We are unsure at the moment but we will announce it when we know. 

 

Just to remind you that these problems shouldnt exist from the first release of the game. And now that they are real and so many of them no one knows when and if they ll be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was this fixed since then? I seem to notice same things happening, beginning of April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Nikola75 said:

Was this fixed since then? I seem to notice same things happening, beginning of April.

This has still not been fixed for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, obviously we have to understand that this is a game, things will not work as a real football, no matter how big a team is in SI working on this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nikola75 said:

Well, obviously we have to understand that this is a game, things will not work as a real football, no matter how big a team is in SI working on this? 

I have a lot of respect for the team and they do great work, and these forums are here for us to help them in that work by continuing to raise the issues we find. It is a bit disappointing to see this issue persist for so many years now, but I trust they are on it and hopefully this will be fixed in a forthcoming update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2020 at 08:00, CJ Ramson said:

Could you please post times when this is happening in the PKM?

We can log your examples as this is one of the few open issues we still need fresh examples for

Do you still need more examples? Pretty egregious one in the 55th minute:

Juventus v Bari.pkm

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has happened ever since I started playing and it’s so annoying. Lost too many games due to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please can we get some sort of update on this @Jemal Wiseman @CJ Ramson?

This is STILL ruining matches and happened two different times in this one (part 1):

image.thumb.png.5c61ae91edad9ad74b902aaabe34e330.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It happens ALL THE TIME!
Its already some kind of "cultural thing" in FM, it happens since FM 2008...

i dont think they could fix it at all

Edited by jeff.fit82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could probably justify this one as a shot but I'm just gonna keep posting examples until someone acknowledges this thread:

image.thumb.png.61c259e835d8f05881262fd1cdf92119.png

Bari v Juventus.pkm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just absolutely maddening. The game has been out for like 7+ months now and we can't even get anyone to acknowledge this issue enough to give us an update much less fix it.

As if two instances in one game wasn't enough, now I'm getting two instances in one play. The second time he didn't even shoot either, he just kicked it out entirely!

image.thumb.png.c5b6c62a398bf5c4f5a68cb0faf57bbe.png

image.thumb.png.e21b6a41a0ac8a64191dc1de4281a268.png

Bari v Juventus.pkm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Weston said:

Just absolutely maddening. The game has been out for like 7+ months now and we can't even get anyone to acknowledge this issue enough to give us an update much less fix it.

As if two instances in one game wasn't enough, now I'm getting two instances in one play. The second time he didn't even shoot either, he just kicked it out entirely!

image.thumb.png.c5b6c62a398bf5c4f5a68cb0faf57bbe.png

image.thumb.png.e21b6a41a0ac8a64191dc1de4281a268.png

Bari v Juventus.pkm 266.52 kB · 0 downloads

 

Even if my dudes got the open goal they'd probably hit the post or put it wide

#worldclassstriker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 seconds into the following match. Kicked out of bounds instead of laid off for the striker in the box.

image.thumb.png.c784ef78f637b0ef6d34f9529eb9df9f.png

Juventus v Bari.pkm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for sending us your PKMs. These are a big help for us!

We will add these to a folder to show the developers ASAP.

For those asking, unfortunately there will be no more updates at this stage. 

Thanks.

Jemal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jemal Wiseman said:

For those asking, unfortunately there will be no more updates at this stage. 

If this won't be fixed for FM20 please prioritize for FM21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.fe578e922f2c8dd361c4eb336fe36ef7.png

Just lost the cup final after missing this chance to score. Guess I'll leave this here then.

Milan v Bari.pkm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I know I said I was done, but this one is particularly egregious and cost me 2 pts, and it's occurred to me that I should mention that this seems to have actually gotten worse and more frequent over time as the game has been updated.

image.thumb.png.687e387d9e86f4228a57ecef7837538c.png

Bari v Roma.pkm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...