Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
HanziZoloman

Managing Unhappiness

Hey guys, at the moment I got again an unhappy player in my Hearts side. After he wished more playingtime in a personal chat with me I granted him some as he is a good defender. But he failed and played beyond 5 in a very important match after that impression I only let him play some minutes and that was not enough. He again spoke up and some team members took side for his request. I could handle it („Means some of u would lose the place“) but the personal chat after with the player went bad, „want to leave as soon as possible“. I‘d tried to rule it out by staying strong („you have to earn the place“). A week later the most valuable player of the squad (7M) wants to leave too („I have outgrown the club“). I said „sure, no problem if the price is right“ than we spoke about a price but he wasn‘t willed to go above the market price of 7M but I saw the millions flying and stayed higher. We couldn’t agree and the player is unhappy too. 
now comes the important phase in Scottish league with the front six in table playing for championship and Europe. How would you handle the business? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Posted (edited)

I guess it depends on what the board expectations are and how good potential replacements are.

For me, any unhappy player gets dropped from the match squad until the issue is resolved one way or another. I use it as a good opportunity to give game time to promising youngsters or rotation options.

In your examples, the guy who wants more game time but played badly I would choose the option "You failed to perform when I gave you a chance" or whatever the similar dialogue option is. If he still has a problem, I would transfer list him and offer him to clubs.

The most valuable player might want to be sold for 7M but that doesn't mean you have to sell him at that price. Offer him to clubs for 12M or whatever you think a good price is and see if you get any offers. I would transfer list him too but don't set his status as not needed. Just make it known to the AI that the player is available at your price. See what kind of offers you get and negotiate the best deal, then make a decision if you want to accept or not.

After a certain amount of time not being in match squads and not being sold, he will probably drop the issue.

Edited by rockpie

43 minutes ago, rockpie said:

After a certain amount of time not being in match squads and not being sold, he will probably drop the issue.

Thanks man! if that is true, it would be great as I have some options.

I had always tried to please the players back into team, giving them playing time as unhappy players. That of course has an influence on the whole squad performance. I‘m trying your way out.