Making Villa competitive

15 minutes ago, TheCheadleEnd86 said:

I've been sacked by Villa last night but I managed to make a federal to sign Romero from United and Jamie Vardy from Leicester but couldn't help them stay up, anyone had success with them?

I don't think that there are problematic teams if you know how to make a good transfer market and exploit the match engine. Those are two things I would work on. Especially the latter. There are specific things that works and others that don't with current match engine.

Edited by Tetsuro P12

I think Villa is more than capable of staying up with the right tactic and style of play. IRL they play with really quick transitions which is cause from inconsistencies IMO. You could try and mirror that.

I did a couple seasons with Villa and had a solid mid table finish followed up with a 3rd place the next year. With premier league money I find it a bit too straightforward to reshape the squad, and I got some ludicrous deals like Tonali and Olmo over the line. After that I moved on to something else. I did find Villa’s squad in the first season pretty tame though, I couldn’t get a tune out of Wesley at all and had to bring in a new striker in January.

Some excellent prospects though who can stick around for a while like McGinn and Grealish!