Sports Interactive Community

I am currently experiencing crashes at totally random points (normally during match play) even if Im not interacting with the game (moving the mouse etc). The game will freeze entirely and will allow mouse movement but not clicking for about 1 second before the pointer also freezes. You can not tab out or even ctrl alt del. The whole computer has frozen and requires a manual turn off by holding in the power button on the PC to return the computer back to normal. I have not only checked my drivers are up to date but deleted them and redownloaded them. I have checked that my system meets the minimum requirements which it does. I have verified my game files and Ive deleted the two relevant folders suggested in the sticky post (preferences and cache I think they were). Im incredibly frustrated and disappointed that I cannot play this game. Its just failed in the 87th minute of a game when I was 4-0 up in the cup against Man Utd! You can bet Ill get knocked out when the game resumes and makes it through the match!!

Are any crash dumps being generated in the location below?

C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\crash dumps

And could you post your system dxdiag file here, please. I'll take a closer look.

21 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Are any crash dumps being generated in the location below?

C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\crash dumps

And could you post your system dxdiag file here, please. I'll take a closer look.

I do have crash dumps listed at that location but not since New Years Day. I had been getting the DXGI crash dump as well but that hasn't happened for a week and what I've described above is what I'm getting now. Given that I had numerous of my "new" crashes since then I'm going to say that there are no crash dumps for this particular issue.  

My system dxdiag file is attached.

DxDiag.txt

Hi, have you tried lowering the in-game graphics quality and see if it helps, please? 

Do let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

On 13/01/2020 at 15:47, Jimmy Wong said:

Hi, have you tried lowering the in-game graphics quality and see if it helps, please? 

Do let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Hard to say whether it has fixed the issue or not because it was a sporadic problem anyway but I've lowered it from high to medium and so far so good. I'll let you know if I encounter any further problems. Many thanks for the assistance so far. 

I'm still having that problem for a while now, my graphics is on low and I've tried verifying but it says there's nothing wrong, it's getting quite frustrating at this point 

Can you create your own thread please so we can track what troubleshooting options we have offered that worked/didnt work.