Sports Interactive Community
karanhsingh

Goals from strikers versus midfielders

Anyone able to get the wide players or midfielders score a strong number of goals? Obviously if you have world class players like Salah or Mane they will, but otherwise?

My last two saves, 80% of our goals are coming from striker(s) which is a bit annoying as I like goals to be balanced across the team. This is after using a 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 so not even 2 striker formations. Particularly struggling to get IFs or IWs scoring more than say 1 in every 5-6 games. 

I am wondering whether strikers are over-powered on the current ME or it's tactical therefore would like to know other people's experiences.

I always struggle with strikers who seldom scores. Often my inside forward, IW or even one of the central midfielders score more or at least the same amount. 

Sometimes I think we all got different games.. :) 

7 minutes ago, Vribo FC said:

Sometimes I think we all got different games.. :) 

Or we're all playing with different tactics?

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Anyone able to get the wide players or midfielders score a strong number of goals? Obviously if you have world class players like Salah or Mane they will, but otherwise?

Aubameyang was my top scorer for Arsenal as an IF (a) with 28 goals from 32 apps in the PL.

If you post a screenshot of your setup, maybe someone can offer some more specific advice on how you can get more from your wide players.

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

My last two saves, 80% of our goals are coming from striker(s) which is a bit annoying as I like goals to be balanced across the team. This is after using a 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 so not even 2 striker formations. Particularly struggling to get IFs or IWs scoring more than say 1 in every 5-6 games. 

I am wondering whether strikers are over-powered on the current ME or it's tactical therefore would like to know other people's experiences.

It really depends on your tactic, I have some systems where the striker doesn't score and the wingers and fullbacks score the most goals and there are other tactics where only my strikers score all the goals. My best systems are the ones where the goals are spread and the only person who doesn't score is the goalkeeper, so I got tired of waiting and got him to be trained as a penalty kick taker now everyone scores goals and I am happy.

Haha that’s great man then everybody is happy scoring goals.

with my actual 442 I got many scorers especially from MC. You can see the tactic in the „stuttering hearts“ thread.

6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

My last two saves, 80% of our goals are coming from striker(s) which is a bit annoying as I like goals to be balanced across the team

It's really interesting. Because too many people on the forum actually complain about their strikers not scoring. 

I personally never care about who will score most goals for me as long as they are being scored and the board is pleased with my management of the team :brock: