Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

I bought FM20 on Thursday but am still yet to play a game as I'm trying to sort this issue out. The game runs extremely slowly when processing between days. Like sometimes there's a 10-15 pause before results of matches start getting generated and the day moves forwards. I am using custom graphics and databases but the issue persists even if I take them out. I've tried using dbs ranging from 8k to 125k players and the difference is minimal.

I've used the same graphics and databases on previous FM versions and never had an issue. I even went back to FM19 today to check it and the difference is day and night. It's like results from each day don't even start generating for minutes after moving the day forward, on previous versions as soon as I hit continue, the results would begin to generate.

I've looked on the forums and exhausted every piece of advice, could someone help me with this as at the moment the game is almost unplayable for me.

Edited by rjferguson90

16 hours ago, rjferguson90 said:

I bought FM20 on Thursday but am still yet to play a game as I'm trying to sort this issue out. The game runs extremely slowly when processing between days. Like sometimes there's a 10-15 pause before results of matches start getting generated and the day moves forwards. I am using custom graphics and databases but the issue persists even if I take them out. I've tried using dbs ranging from 8k to 125k players and the difference is minimal.

I've used the same graphics and databases on previous FM versions and never had an issue. I even went back to FM19 today to check it and the difference is day and night. It's like results from each day don't even start generating for minutes after moving the day forward, on previous versions as soon as I hit continue, the results would begin to generate.

I've looked on the forums and exhausted every piece of advice, could someone help me with this as at the moment the game is almost unplayable for me.

Could I ask you to please attach your system dxdiag file here, please.

And just to clarify, you tried the steps in the thread below, yeah?

2 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Could I ask you to please attach your system dxdiag file here, please.

And just to clarify, you tried the steps in the thread below, yeah?

Hi Kyle, yes I've tried all the options in that thread.

I'm on a Mac so not sure I can obtain a dxdiag, is there a Mac equivalent?

Have you adjusted the amount of full detail level matches in the Detail Level screen?

If you (for a test) start a new game is that faster or is the issue linked to this specific savegame?

44 minutes ago, EdL said:

Have you adjusted the amount of full detail level matches in the Detail Level screen?

If you (for a test) start a new game is that faster or is the issue linked to this specific savegame?

All detail is set to low. I've tried six new saves and the issue is the same on each one.

Apologies, didn't clock you were on Mac.

Instructions for the equivalent are below. 

Can you save the file as something other than .spx, please? I can't open it on my end. 

5 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Can you save the file as something other than .spx, please? I can't open it on my end. 

I don't have an option to save it as anything else. What file type would you prefer?

15 minutes ago, frustrated_with_si said:

Having the same issue, really slow just 10k players, game says I have 5 stars.

Is this issue being worked on? If not I might just ask for a refund.

Please read the FAQ thread and as requested there, open your own thread with as much detail as you can provide.

On 06/01/2020 at 00:00, rjferguson90 said:

results from each day don't even start generating for minutes after moving the day forward,

This is the crucial part that needs looking at imo, something isn't right with this.

Hey RJ, 

Sorry for the delay, I had to get someone with a Mac to investigate the issue. 

They've asked if you play through an HDMI connection to a TV or external monitor? 

2 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Hey RJ, 

Sorry for the delay, I had to get someone with a Mac to investigate the issue. 

They've asked if you play through an HDMI connection to a TV or external monitor? 

I do not. My Macbook is regularly connected to my TV through a HDMI cable, but never when playing FM as it messes with the resolution.

Are you using custom database? 

Also, how many players and leagues are loaded?

As a test, we would suggest you to try with a small and default database and see if it improves the performance. 

On 15/01/2020 at 19:24, Jimmy Wong said:

Are you using custom database? 

Also, how many players and leagues are loaded?

As a test, we would suggest you to try with a small and default database and see if it improves the performance. 

As mentioned in the first post, I do use custom databases. Have tried multiple setups, with between 8k and 125k players, difference is minimal. Games still don't start to generate results for sometimes >10 minutes after continuing a day, doesn't matter how large or small the database is or if I'm using custom DBs.

Sorry I have misread your initial post.

In fact we have launch a new public beta which includes some stability fixes. We would suggest you to clear the caches folder and give it another go.

We would also suggest you to try it without any custom graphics or database.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

On 17/01/2020 at 18:03, Jimmy Wong said:

Sorry I have misread your initial post.

In fact we have launch a new public beta which includes some stability fixes. We would suggest you to clear the caches folder and give it another go.

We would also suggest you to try it without any custom graphics or database.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

I did all this and none of it worked, so didn't touch the game until the proper patch game out - ie the one released today. Lo and behold, the issue persists. I can't stress enough, the issue is that the day's games do not start generating for 5, sometimes 10 minutes after continuing the day. That's the issue.

Does this still occur if you were to use a non-custom database, with minimal leagues loaded?

Could you upload the one in question on the SI Cloud and I'll take a look into to try and rule out any hardware issues.