Penalty training

Just now, Tryllefot said:

I might have missed something, but when you put a player on individual penalty training, it seems he's trained in penalties and technique, shouldn't composure be in there as well, and maybe finishing?

I mean, probably, but that would make it a slightly overpowered training focus. 

You gotta remember this is a computer game and that all games designers are trying to balance realism with actual gameplay. 

36 minutes ago, Finners said:

I mean, probably, but that would make it a slightly overpowered training focus. 

You gotta remember this is a computer game and that all games designers are trying to balance realism with actual gameplay. 

Well, I fell at least composure should be part of it, but I'm sure they have an explanation for it.

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 16:47, Tryllefot said:

Well, I fell at least composure should be part of it, but I'm sure they have an explanation for it.

I suppose you could say practising penalties will help with technique and taking of the penalty itself. Actually taking a penalty in a game would be different and dependent on the situation how a player is predisposed to handling pressure. So increasing composure would depend more around some other training sessions focused more on mental improvement and maybe improving over time as a player just naturally develops.

18 hours ago, gibson147 said:

I suppose you could say practising penalties will help with technique and taking of the penalty itself. Actually taking a penalty in a game would be different and dependent on the situation how a player is predisposed to handling pressure. So increasing composure would depend more around some other training sessions focused more on mental improvement and maybe improving over time as a player just naturally develops.

Valid point.

I had a striker who missed 2 penalties at the start of the season, I set him up with additional focus training of penalty taking as I wanted him to be my designated penalty taker, and he never missed again. Thats how I use it.