New FM will be available soon so they're hoping you just gonna move on. They've earned additional money from this Stadia deal + it's only affecting small number of gamers so they can ghost you without consequences really. Most likely the next FM will be on Stadia again and I wouldn't be surprised if there will be the same problem.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ben Allingham I'm so sad that I had to ask for a refund about my favorite game, I could not expect from Sports Interactive a total lack of interest in a known issue that has been flagged months ago. Luckily the google support has been extremely helpful and they processed the refund immediately, after explaining what the issue was and linking this article.

I know that it's just a game. I paid for and I've invested time for that, and being forced to interrupt my career is a bad experience, like when you go to the theatre, you enjoy a movie and you like it, then you are forced to leave the cinema because the projector doesn't work. Yes, I got the money back (rightly) but I won't be back there

Hey everyone, 

We understand the frustration from those of you affected by this issue and as stated previously it's something we're very much investigating.

Rather than reply to each individual post stating that we were still looking into it, our aim was to wait until we could provide more detailed information regarding the issue, including timescales related to our next update.

Despite our best efforts we're still not in a position to give a definitive date on when this will be addressed, but we can confirm that by working with Google we've been able to identify the underlying cause which means we're now in a better position to provide a resolution. As soon as we’re able to make this available we will of course do so.

In the meantime, as stated on the previous page we would recommend when saving, doing so via the 'Save As' option as a new file then deleting any older unneeded files. Whilst we understand this workaround isn't ideal, it should stop any save game files from becoming corrupted.

Cheers,

Ben

@Ben AllinghamSorry if this question was answered previously, but is this thread only for those playing the game on Stadia? I bought the game on steam and this issue cropped up today. I am only into the second year of my save and I am playing with less than 10 active leagues. 

The workaround with new save files appears to work but I have only seen posts about not finding a solution on Stadia. Has there been a fix for this in steam? Some help would be useful. I've had the game only for a month or so and I don't want to be forced to ask for a refund. This is the first time I've had a major issue with an SI game so hoping for some answers.

Cheers

@James Gayman No I haven't. Did it work for you? I'll give it a go. Got lucky with trying the workaround suggested previously and managed to save my current game. Because suddenly, all my old save files vanished. If its happening on both steam and Stadia, the game must have some fundamental flaw.

Thanks for your tip.

Hmm, Weird. 

I have the luck that my game will save if i try to save it in the cloud. 

And yes. But what the problem is ?. That's a big question for now. Lets hope that there will be a solution.

12 hours ago, arulviv93 said:

@Ben AllinghamSorry if this question was answered previously, but is this thread only for those playing the game on Stadia? I bought the game on steam and this issue cropped up today. I am only into the second year of my save and I am playing with less than 10 active leagues. 

The workaround with new save files appears to work but I have only seen posts about not finding a solution on Stadia. Has there been a fix for this in steam? Some help would be useful. I've had the game only for a month or so and I don't want to be forced to ask for a refund. This is the first time I've had a major issue with an SI game so hoping for some answers.

Cheers

Hi, 

Yes, this thread is specifically for Google Stadia. If you believe you're having a similar issue on steam please report it here https://community.sigames.com/forum/738-crashes-technical-issues/.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi all, 

Experiencing the same game breaking issues. I am desperate to keep my save alive and the “save as”  work around isn’t working for me.

My question is if I extract my save using google takeout will I be able to play it on the PC version of the game?

Thanks,

Tom

On 31/08/2020 at 15:21, SickBoyBlue said:

Hi all, 

Experiencing the same game breaking issues. I am desperate to keep my save alive and the “save as”  work around isn’t working for me.

My question is if I extract my save using google takeout will I be able to play it on the PC version of the game?

Thanks,

Tom

I did this a few months back and worked fine, still playing the stadia file through steam to this day, Am not sure if would work still now though as I believe a save may now be split into separate files, give it a go. Hope it works for you

This as gone on for months now surely sports interactive or Google need to sort it now come on pull your finger out and look after your customers I spent lot buying stadia and your game I've played fm for over 10 years never had a problem like this its wrecking the fm experience 

I’ve contacted Stadia. They redirected me to Sega. Sega wanted me to make a new thread here to come in directly contact with the developers. I’m sure they will work night and day to fix the issue after reading this message. ☺️

Seriously.. I think they have abandoned the 2020 Stadia-version. I will ask for a refund.

This has been going on for 9 months now with no way for some to get a refund, I'd really hope there's some way to at least get a discount for the new version when it's released as I've paid full price for a game I haven't been able to enjoy this year, which is disappointing as I've been playing it since it was championship manager. Is it even going to be fixed in the new version? 

Hey I've same issue now on 3 different saves on the stadia, one with my liverpool career i was 10 seasons in one on my dartford save i was 4 seasons in and now on my rangers save its a bloody joke 😡 definitely needs to be sorted out its been going on for months now worst football manager game I've played

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2020 at 16:03, Ben Allingham said:

Hey everyone, 

We understand the frustration from those of you affected by this issue and as stated previously it's something we're very much investigating.

Rather than reply to each individual post stating that we were still looking into it, our aim was to wait until we could provide more detailed information regarding the issue, including timescales related to our next update.

Despite our best efforts we're still not in a position to give a definitive date on when this will be addressed, but we can confirm that by working with Google we've been able to identify the underlying cause which means we're now in a better position to provide a resolution. As soon as we’re able to make this available we will of course do so.

In the meantime, as stated on the previous page we would recommend when saving, doing so via the 'Save As' option as a new file then deleting any older unneeded files. Whilst we understand this workaround isn't ideal, it should stop any save game files from becoming corrupted.

Cheers,

Ben

Could we get an update on the progress, please? 10 months since the bug was first reported..

On 18/09/2020 at 13:39, ibbotsp said:

New to this, mine only started yesterday. I am using Steam and have tried saving to the cloud and various drives with loads of free space.

Hi,

This thread is for Stadia save game issues. For Steam issues please visit https://community.sigames.com/forum/738-crashes-technical-issues/.

Cheers,

Ben

On 15/09/2020 at 13:55, Mr. said:

Could we get an update on the progress, please? 10 months since the bug was first reported..

I got a refund for the game last week and bought it when stadia first come out do that pal, no one wants to but the new one will be out soon hopefully doesn't have the glitch and will be waiting a couple of months first before I buy it just incase 

• 2 weeks later...