Sports Interactive Community

I am also having this issue on stadia, however after exporting my save data my saves are nowhere near 200mb, they are tiny as show here:

1417340221_Screenshot2020-07-12at17_12_44.thumb.png.634cbf974ba308824487f815e6f1530c.png

I am in the year 2034 so I was expecting mine to be 200mb going off others above. 

7 hours ago, fhrufer said:

I am also having this issue on stadia, however after exporting my save data my saves are nowhere near 200mb, they are tiny as show here:

1417340221_Screenshot2020-07-12at17_12_44.thumb.png.634cbf974ba308824487f815e6f1530c.png

I am in the year 2034 so I was expecting mine to be 200mb going off others above. 

How many leagues do you have loaded?

Myself I have all leagues loaded about to enter 2nd season  every time I go to save I am wondering will this be the save that kills my game

17 hours ago, ray27 said:

How many leagues do you have loaded?

Myself I have all leagues loaded about to enter 2nd season  every time I go to save I am wondering will this be the save that kills my game

Not sure, 50 maybe

On 12/07/2020 at 14:51, jameslamerton said:

My save game is lost, wouldn't save and now won't load. None of the saves will load, so I've asked stadia for a refund and suggested they remove the game from the stadia store until it's fixed. It's bad faith to sell a game that doesn't work, which many players discover after a season or two,  having played beyond the maximum two hours stadia set as the limit for a refund. It's such a shame, I had already bought the game on Steam but with a slow laptop I bought it again on Stadia hoping for a better experience, which it was until this issue. I will wait for Steam to provide a cloud service now before I buy the game again, if I do. I suggest anyone affected add a comment to the stadia Twitter post on football manager 2020, they seem to respond to that quite quickly and it provides a warning to future customers. I'll take down my own tweet if the issue is fixed.

I got a refund , reason given: defective/damaged game. Shame, I was really enjoying that save, had some great prospects with Dijon in France. 

Screenshot_20200713-184449.jpg

Just out of curiosity, for all those people loading nearly every league on the game, how is the speed? Is it playable?

3 hours ago, TioPatinhax said:

Just out of curiosity, for all those people loading nearly every league on the game, how is the speed? Is it playable?

Yes mate, very playable, in my experiance processing is very fast between days

To add shows as half star on setup, certainly doesnt feel like it when playing, just miffed that finally get to run every league and this save bug is likely to ruin it, as of yet I have not encountered it

1 hour ago, fhrufer said:

@Ben AllinghamHi, is there any update on this?

Hope I am wrong but starting to get the feeling a fix may not appear, would like to know eirher way so can get a refund if need be

14 hours ago, ray27 said:

Hope I am wrong but starting to get the feeling a fix may not appear, would like to know eirher way so can get a refund if need be

Certainly seems that way. 

19 hours ago, fhrufer said:

@Ben AllinghamHi, is there any update on this?

Hi, 

We are still working with Google to find a solution. Nothing to update thus far. But be sure that when there is, I'll post it in here.

Cheers,

Ben

4 ore fa, Ben Allingham ha scritto:

We are still working with Google to find a solution. Nothing to update thus far. But be sure that when there is, I'll post it in here.

Is it a matter of "when" or more likely a matter of "if"?

This bug has been reported since January 1st and we're now in mid-July. Honestly, it doesn't take much sense try to kid us post after post.

A bit of honesty wouldn't hurt. Tell us clearly that the problem cannot be solved and let's get on with it.

20 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Is it a matter of "when" or more likely a matter of "if"?

This bug has been reported since January 1st and we're now in mid-July. Honestly, it doesn't take much sense try to kid us post after post.

A bit of honesty wouldn't hurt. Tell us clearly that the problem cannot be solved and let's get on with it.

This

So glad in a way it's not just me.  I've just had 2 saves in a row corrupted and am loath to invest time and energy into another one.  Gutted :(  Really really annoyed

1 hour ago, cretinousgoat said:

So glad in a way it's not just me.  I've just had 2 saves in a row corrupted and am loath to invest time and energy into another one.  Gutted :(  Really really annoyed

14 years of building Coventry into the best team in the world down the drain for me.

I am experiencing the same issue.  Won't save.  Won't load my last save.  Support asked me to make a new thread, but it looks like replying to this thread is the correct place.  215 hours to get Leyton Orient promoted to the premier league from league two.

Let me know if I can help. 

368575964_fm20savegame.thumb.png.91a37b92f7d91815e9eb15fe587af727.png971206268_fm20loadsavedgame(2).thumb.png.7cbe27e1d2e018566fa216db9c55bb7b.png

Yet to experiance this but have stopped playing in a hope that a fix comes, not prepared to put anymore time into it if its inevitably going to fail

17 hours ago, ray27 said:

Yet to experiance this but have stopped playing in a hope that a fix comes, not prepared to put anymore time into it if its inevitably going to fail

I've decided just to do an international management only save until such time as a fix is sorted.  A save I don't invest as much time and effort in but one that keeps me ticking over hopefully

My steam version is keeping me going for now, just seems incredibly slow compared to stadia with not even half the amount of leagues loaded

Hi,

I am having the same issue. It has been fine and then I started changing the save file name and that worked for a short while and now it isn't saving at all. I am 5 years into my save and it has the same leagues all the time.

Please help.

Thanks

James

1 hour ago, JamesCu123 said:

Hi,

I am having the same issue. It has been fine and then I started changing the save file name and that worked for a short while and now it isn't saving at all. I am 5 years into my save and it has the same leagues all the time.

Please help.

Thanks

James

All we can do is wait and see if a fix appears, if 21 is to come to Stadia I am pretty sure this problem will not exist

On 17/07/2020 at 10:58, fhrufer said:

14 years of building Coventry into the best team in the world down the drain for me.

That really, really sucks :(

Guys/gals/..., I know it's not a FIX whatsoever, but the following approach seems to work for me:

• Load your savegame (--> if all your current savegames fail to load, I'm afraid this approach won't well help either... and I'm truly sorry for your loss, I know it sucks donkey d*ck)
  • Continue playing
  • NEVER use the autosave functionality
  • Save your game, but ALWAYS choose "Save as" and give it a "unique" name without spaces --> I like to use stuff that is currently going on in-game as part of the file name next to my club's name, so "LiverpoolCupGameNext" or "LiverpoolTransferWindow" or "LiverpoolStartNewSeason" or something like that, you get the picture I guess. I don't know if the "without spaces" part is important, I simply did it like this so that's all I can tell you.
  • RESTART FM20 at this point, like actually close the game and restart on Stadia
  • Load that savegame you have created in the previous step by using "Load game" and not by clicking on the automatic savegame suggestion that FM20 gives you
  • Continue playing
  • Repeat the steps above

In short: never save your progress twice in the same FM20-"session", use "save as" when saving and always use a somewhat different name for your savegames. I constantly have 4 or 5 savegame-slots occupied for 1 save, and my habit is that I delete the oldest one every time I create a new one by using "save as". I don't know if there is a limit on the number of savegame slots one player can have, I sure hope not, but I simply won't take the risk and that is why I tend to clean up every time I create a new savegame.

Disclaimer: I truly know this is not a fix, but at least it keeps my savegame going. I have been using this workaround for the last couple of weeks, and I can honestly say I have never encountered the infamous issues again. BUT it can also be 100% luck, so don't shoot me if it doesn't work for you. Remember: a month ago I couldn't save my progress either, so I feel your pain. Luckily one of my savegames kept loading, so I could experiment with it, with this result. I hope this approach works for everyone, but I can't promise you that of course, since I'm not a SI-developer :-)

@Ben Allingham: I am under the impression that the issue mainly occurs when overwriting an existing savegame, rather than using "save as" and creating a new file, so maybe using the same filename over and over messes everything up in a way? Hopefully this can narrow down the debugging :-)

Godspeed everyone, and stay safe.

1 hour ago, Leyodemus said:

Guys/gals/..., I know it's not a FIX whatsoever, but the following approach seems to work for me:

• Load your savegame (--> if all your current savegames fail to load, I'm afraid this approach won't well help either... and I'm truly sorry for your loss, I know it sucks donkey d*ck)
  • Continue playing
  • Save your game, but ALWAYS choose "Save as" and give it a "unique" name without spaces --> I like to use stuff that is currently going on in-game as part of the file name next to my club's name, so "LiverpoolCupGameNext" or "LiverpoolTransferWindow" or "LiverpoolStartNewSeason" or something like that, you get the picture I guess. I don't know if the "without spaces" part is important, I simply did it like this so that's all I can tell you.
  • RESTART FM20 at this point, like actually close the game and restart on Stadia
  • Load that savegame you have created in the previous step by using "Load game" and not by clicking on the automatic savegame suggestion that FM20 gives you
  • Continue playing
  • Repeat the steps above

In short: never save your progress twice in the same FM20-"session", use "save as" when saving and always use a somewhat different name for your savegames. I constantly have 4 or 5 savegame-slots occupied for 1 save, and my habit is that I delete the oldest one every time I create a new one by using "save as". I don't know if there is a limit on the number of savegame slots one player can have, I sure hope not, but I simply won't take the risk and that is why I tend to clean up every time I create a new savegame.

Disclaimer: I truly know this is not a fix, but at least it keeps my savegame going. I have been using this workaround for the last couple of weeks, and I can honestly say I have never encountered the infamous issues again. BUT it can also be 100% luck, so don't shoot me if it doesn't work for you. Remember: a month ago I couldn't save my progress either, so I feel your pain. Luckily one of my savegames kept loading, so I could experiment with it, with this result. I hope this approach works for everyone, but I can't promise you that of course, since I'm not a SI-developer :-)

@Ben Allingham: I am under the impression that the issue mainly occurs when overwriting an existing savegame, rather than using "save as" and creating a new file, so maybe using the same filename over and over messes everything up in a way? Hopefully this can narrow down the debugging :-)

Thanks matey.  I'll give it a crack - worth a try at least!

3 hours ago, Leyodemus said:

• Continue playing
  • Continue playing
  • Repeat the steps above

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Yes, from posts on this thread it does seem that the issue is more prevalent when overwriting the same save multiple times. For anyone else reading this, I would suggest keeping multiple save files like Leyodemus says.

Cheers,

Ben

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Leyodemus said:

• Continue playing
  • Continue playing
  • Repeat the steps above

Thanks for the tip!

-loaded the second to last save game. (latest save won't load)

-turned off rolling autosave (i had 10 file selected)

-save as didn't work

-deleted about 20 old save files

-save as worked!

-I tried using normal save after and it failed. 

I will now try playing and saving as 

Edited by cantsave

10 hours ago, Leyodemus said:

• Continue playing
  • Continue playing
  • Repeat the steps above

Never worked for me and I also accidentally deleted the only save file which would load so lost everything now :( 

@Ben AllinghamI have lost my only save that will load but I did export my saves on google takeout last week, will it be possible to load that back in? I contacted stadia support who asked me to contact SI.

Posted (edited)

@Ben Allingham I started a new save. And now suddenly no matter what I do, as soon as I hit the year 2021 I can't save my game anymore. And what's weird is, that it doesn't even tell me "Game couldn't be saved". Instead it just goes forward as if press the space button.

Edited by Blacktroup

I was thinking about getting FM on Stadia but this issue put big question mark over the purchase. Seems like the issue exist since January and it hasn't been fixed yet... It's only been 7 months there's no rush. I highly doubt that it'll ever get fixed. The problem is not SI but Google as they rushed the lunch of not finished product and now got no intention to fix bugs and issues on thier end and that's the reason why a lot of reviews stating that Stadia is crap.

SI should think again about releasing FM21 on Stadia platform but probably desire to increase revenue will prevail while hoping for the best.

On 25/07/2020 at 14:48, Kajocfc said:

I was thinking about getting FM on Stadia but this issue put big question mark over the purchase. Seems like the issue exist since January and it hasn't been fixed yet... It's only been 7 months there's no rush. I highly doubt that it'll ever get fixed. The problem is not SI but Google as they rushed the lunch of not finished product and now got no intention to fix bugs and issues on thier end and that's the reason why a lot of reviews stating that Stadia is crap.

SI should think again about releasing FM21 on Stadia platform but probably desire to increase revenue will prevail while hoping for the best.

Don't do it, it will only end in heartbreak.

16 hours ago, fhrufer said:

Don't do it, it will only end in heartbreak.

And a pain in the arse to get a refund, every time someone tries to get one or make a complaint on social media they act like it's the first time they've heard about the issue. 

@Ben Allingham I’ve been playing game on Stadia since May with no problems until this week. My game now won’t save or load (4th season, won’t get past 1st Jan)

I'm so gutted. I’m only a casual gamer who can spare an hour here and there. I’ve put so much time into this save and now can’t access it?

Im not a techie so don’t really understand half the stuff people are suggesting about uploading files and saving in different ways. I just want to play the game in a normal manner?

How can game be released if it doesn’t work properly?

My other games work OK so why can’t FM??

On 7/13/2020 at 10:00 PM, jameslamerton said:

Screenshot_20200713-184449.jpg

Hi James, could you explain to me exactly how did you get the refund? Because they are making stories to me. They gave me the excuse of the hours of play, in open violation of their rules on returns and refunds. They said I have to write to SEGA, and they diverted me to a phantom consultation of superior technicians, asking me a lot of information that has nothing to do with the bug in question.

Now I wonder if I really should be forced to go to a judge to assert my right, concerning a NOTORIAL problem, which they persistently deny. I ask all those who have useful information in order to obtain a refund from Stadia to share it with everyone, so as to end an injustice.

I see this still isn’t fixed I shall be avoiding stadia from now on. Miles has already spoke about fm21 so you can kiss goodbye to a fix for this. I think it’s an absolute disgrace this has been going on for so long yet you are still selling the game. S.I you and google should be ashamed of yourselves 

On 01/08/2020 at 16:09, Lou said:

Hi James, could you explain to me exactly how did you get the refund? Because they are making stories to me. They gave me the excuse of the hours of play, in open violation of their rules on returns and refunds. They said I have to write to SEGA, and they diverted me to a phantom consultation of superior technicians, asking me a lot of information that has nothing to do with the bug in question.

Now I wonder if I really should be forced to go to a judge to assert my right, concerning a NOTORIAL problem, which they persistently deny. I ask all those who have useful information in order to obtain a refund from Stadia to share it with everyone, so as to end an injustice.

I just said the saves don't work, won't load up, and referred to this forum as evidence that the developer is aware of the issue. How absolutely shabby and appalling of them to treat you like this. Please make a comment on their Twitter stadia page, we need to add our voices on any social media, I don't have Reddit but that could help. Let me know if you need any specific details of my refund, I'm on the phone now but I could fish out conversations on the laptop if they exist.

On 21/07/2020 at 07:43, Leyodemus said:

• Continue playing
  • Continue playing
  • Repeat the steps above

Not that we should have to do this, but thanks - this has worked for me.  Got to the year 2024 with no issues (yet!).  

I contacted Stadia support yesterday morning through their chat function and they confirmed refund by end of the day. I provided a link to this forum, so perhaps that did the trick.

Il 8/4/2020 alle 19:23, jameslamerton ha detto:

Ho appena detto che i salvataggi non funzionano, non si caricano e ho fatto riferimento a questo forum come prova che lo sviluppatore è a conoscenza del problema. Come assolutamente squallido e spaventoso da parte loro trattarti in questo modo. Per favore, lascia un commento sulla loro pagina Twitter degli stadi, dobbiamo aggiungere le nostre voci su qualsiasi social media, non ho Reddit ma potrebbe aiutare. Fammi sapere se hai bisogno di dettagli specifici del mio rimborso, sono al telefono ora ma potrei eseguire conversazioni sul laptop se esistono.

18 minuti fa, OhNoWatford ha detto:

Ho contattato l'assistenza di Stadia ieri mattina tramite la loro funzione di chat e hanno confermato il rimborso entro la fine della giornata. Ho fornito un link a questo forum, quindi forse ha funzionato.

Hi guys, thanks first of all for your answers. I also managed to get the refund.

I will tell you about my experience as I believe it can be useful to other players who have to decide to request a refund, which I recommend ALL to do.

I also contacted the support via chat, and I have attached the link to this forum. I also let you know that I was one of those who had uploaded the damaged files here on the forum.
Unfortunately I was unable to attach images, so I could not show her the refund that James had received on the grounds "product is defective / damaged".
So the "very kind" operator, continued to object about Google's voluntary refund rules, claiming that if others had received the refund, it was only because ... They had played less than 2 hours on FM !!! (hilarious, I know).

The conversation went on like this, between blows and answers, for several minutes. Other things that were asked of me were: "you have to contact SEGA" (no, I don't have to because you are responsible for the damaged game); "how can you play more than 500 hours in a bad game?" (the problem does not occur immediately, but often after several hours of play); "you played more than 2 hours, so I can't do anything" (no, because the defective product liability does not have a limit of hours beyond which a refund can be requested), etc. etc.

Since it was not possible to put an end to this conversation, he tells me that the only thing he can do is to send me a report to this phantom Consultation of specialized High Techs (the capital letters are those of the operator. Funny, I know).
At this moment, the already questionable handling of the request in my opinion is getting worse. Because he starts asking me a whole series of information such as: PC model, smartphone model, PC operating system, smartphone operating system, modem router model, internet manager.

You will understand well, that for someone who doesn't understand anything about computer science like me, it wasn't easy. I had to turn the house upside down to find the various original boxes to understand the patterns of everything, etc. If I didn't, it would probably end there.
Not only that, because at a certain point I am told: ok, let's close the conversation here and give you the information to open this report independently. I replied: absolutely not, open it yourself, let's finish.

After a few hours, I finally get an email with the opening of the report and after a few more days, without having an answer from the Board of High Technicians, I find the email with the refund.

In the meantime, expecting a negative response, I had contacted a consumer association. Even though the matter is resolved (for me), they still urged me to report it to the Antitrust Authority. Before doing so, I must understand if the issue falls within their competence, also because the issue here is transnational.

However, despite having received the refund, there is no doubt that Stadia's behavior was contrary to the principles of FAIRNESS, GOOD FAITH, LOYALTY, TRANSPARENCY and EQUITY which certainly, perhaps with other terms, are part of consumer rights of all european states. As already pointed out by other users, it is scandalous that the game is still on sale; and it is contrary to the principles mentioned that heavy charges have been imposed on me to obtain the reimbursement, as well as some practices, "tricks", to try to make me desist from obtaining it.

I agree with James when he says that we must make our voice heard, there is a deafening silence about this problem. No articles, no videos on youtube, nothing. And they continue to deny the problem, as if it didn't exist and depended on our devices.

I tell everything so that other users can possibly defend themselves from these subtle practices, as I believe that if I had not had a legal background I could not have supported the conversation with the operator.

I also enclose the receipt of the refund, in order to help all those who determine to request it.

P. S. I am a true FM enthusiast, only on Steam do I have the 2013, 2017 and 2018 versions. And I bought many more before these. I don't buy it every year because I love it so much that I wouldn't have taken a college exam and never graduated.
For this I allow myself to say to S.I. that I waited several months in silence, without getting infected by the hysteria of some other players. I have placed my trust in you.
I don't know what deals you have made with Stadia, but there is no need to reveal trade secrets or confidential information to provide some clarity to those who love the fruit of your work, your fans. "We are doing everything we can to solve this problem," sorry, it is no longer a satisfactory answer.

Rimborso Stadia.png

@Ben Allingham is there an update on this? Like @Lou "we are doing everything we can to solve this problem" is not really an acceptable answer anymore. The issue has existed for over half a year, the game is still being sold on Stadia and more and more people are running in to this issue. Any engagement with Stadia is met with the same response "We are looking in to this issue" etc. 
If your answers remain that you are continuing to work on it, where can we escalate the issue to?

On 01/01/2020 at 15:48, Darkrapid said:

Contacted stadia who said to contact here can't get it to save dont want to lose where I am 

15778900244861451075994637892340.jpg

YOU JUST MAKE A NEW FOLDER AND CHANGE THE NAME OF THE SAVE FILE TO ANY RANDOM NAME AND IT WILL SAVE