Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, LincolnCanary said:

Is there a public email address we can use to put on some pressure, Ben?

@Ben Allingham

Hi,

I can't/won't suggest doing this. We are dealing with this issue on our end and speaking to the relevant people.

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

I can't/won't suggest doing this. We are dealing with this issue on our end and speaking to the relevant people.

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks for your hard work on the matter anyway, Ben. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has happened to me today - I have rolling auto save on a journeyman career (now in 2037, so seems like I have made it further than some). Every time I take a new job I rename the save game, so I have maybe 18 save game files. It's pretty unpredictable - I've had "the game could not be saved" a hand full of times, but mostly when I try again it's ok. Never had "the save game could not be loaded" until today. 

tag is cellist92#9953

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had any success with getting a refund from stadia? And if I have a save game that still loads but won't save, does anyone know if it will work on steam? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of Warrington saves will load now. It’s unbelievable how long this is taking to get fixed it is genuinely a disgrace no one seems to care from google, no updates or anything. My whole saved ruined, angry is an understatement. Pointless starting a new save if it’s just going to end up the same 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lfc7 said:

None of Warrington saves will load now. It’s unbelievable how long this is taking to get fixed it is genuinely a disgrace no one seems to care from google, no updates or anything. My whole saved ruined, angry is an understatement. Pointless starting a new save if it’s just going to end up the same 

I emailed Google for update on the issue, received an an email saying they will get back to me as soon as they have an update. This has been an issue for half a year though so I won't hold my breath.
@Ben Allingham I appreciate that you've given Google all the information you can and are also waiting to hear from them, however do you have any more information you can give us? It's remiss to let this issue fester so long, not only to the users of Stadia currently impacted, but also to people buying the game on this platform who could potentially run in to this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, into_the_wild said:

I emailed Google for update on the issue, received an an email saying they will get back to me as soon as they have an update. This has been an issue for half a year though so I won't hold my breath.
@Ben Allingham I appreciate that you've given Google all the information you can and are also waiting to hear from them, however do you have any more information you can give us? It's remiss to let this issue fester so long, not only to the users of Stadia currently impacted, but also to people buying the game on this platform who could potentially run in to this issue.

Hi, 

In terms of updates the most I can say is that both us and Google are investigating this issue. Due to the seemingly random occurrence/timing of this bug, it has proven to be hard to find examples with high reproduction and catch rates. This in turn means it's very difficult to pinpoint the cause.

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi, 

In terms of updates the most I can say is that both us and Google are investigating this issue. Due to the seemingly random occurrence/timing of this bug, it has proven to be hard to find examples with high reproduction and catch rates. This in turn means it's very difficult to pinpoint the cause.

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks for the update. It makes sense that fixing this is taking a while if it's hard to reproduce. If it'll help, I can upload the saves which have been failing for Google to look at? You probably have a lot of examples but it might give some insight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Ben Allingham I have a save game which still loads but is at the point if you try and progress after that and save it crashes each time. Would this be of help to debug the issue? I also have several saves I tried off of that file that seem to be corrupted. 
So far a common theme of this issue occurring is for users who have a)  a high number of leagues loaded and b) are a few seasons in to their save (or both). With this in mind is it reasonable to assume the issue is the size of the save game file?

Edited by into_the_wild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, into_the_wild said:

@Ben Allingham I have a save game which still loads but is at the point if you try and progress after that and save it crashes each time. Would this be of help to debug the issue? I also have several saves I tried off of that file that seem to be corrupted. 
So far a common theme of this issue occurring is for users who have a)  a high number of leagues loaded and b) are a few seasons in to their save (or both). With this in mind is it reasonable to assume the issue is the size of the save game file?

Hi,

I would very much like to test with that save. Please follow the instructions here to upload your save.

Cheers,

Ben

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

I would very much like to test with that save. Please follow the instructions here to upload your save.

Cheers,

Ben

 

@Ben Allingham I have uploaded the save files to the SI cloud per your instructions, I sent you a private message with the details. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, into_the_wild said:

@Ben Allingham I have uploaded the save files to the SI cloud per your instructions, I sent you a private message with the details. Thanks.

Thanks, I've got them. I'll try to reproduce internally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 13/06/2020 at 13:12, cellist92 said:

Has anyone had any success with getting a refund from stadia? And if I have a save game that still loads but won't save, does anyone know if it will work on steam? Thanks

I've emailed them and they have replies saying I should be getting a refund today hopefully. Gutted I've wasted the money on the stadia set up though. Zero interest on any of the other games. 

Edited by Workington-afc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Thanks, I've got them. I'll try to reproduce internally.

Thanks @Ben Allingham let me know how you get on, I can also upload additional saves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue here, and I'm only in April of 2022, but with a LOT of leagues loaded... I started noticing this problem earlier on when I saved games. But when I tried  to save it again, it would always work so I didn't pay that much attention to it.

BUT, at this point, 95% of attempts to save the game fail and if a game does get saved, it probably won't load back up afterwards. Also, I notice when the game fails to save and I continue to play, stuff just "isn't right", database-wise. What I mean by that is: if I for example click on the score of a recently played game, to see the game/match stats-screen, I see totally different players then I have in my team :-)

So I'm not sure what's going on, but as a software developer myself I would say there are some major database issues behind the scenes with these savegames... And it does indeed seem to have something to do with the size of the savegame.

I hope this gets resolved soon, since apparently it has been dragging on for some time now AND it is killing my YouTube-save at the moment... so please keep us posted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/06/2020 at 13:27, Workington-afc said:

I've emailed them and they have replies saying I should be getting a refund today hopefully. Gutted I've wasted the money on the stadia set up though. Zero interest on any of the other games. 

Which email did you send to? I've had this problem on two different games I've started and it's gone beyond a joke now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Accy said:

Which email did you send to? I've had this problem on two different games I've started and it's gone beyond a joke now

Go to any Google Stadia help article (for example here https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9551446?hl=en&ref_topic=9634925#) on the top right you should see a "Contact Us", you can chat with an agent, describe the issue, and they'll open a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've been told by the Stadia support that SI will release a game update by the end of June to fix this bug.

Could you please confirm me this?

Edited by vi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vi said:

I've been told by the Stadia support that SI will release a game update by the end of June to fix this bug.

Could you please confirm me this?

And it would also be nice to know if our current saves will be "fixed", or that the update will only make sure that new savegames don't have the same issue again. Fingers crossed either way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/06/2020 at 13:27, Workington-afc said:

I've emailed them and they have replies saying I should be getting a refund today hopefully. Gutted I've wasted the money on the stadia set up though. Zero interest on any of the other games. 

I only bought stadia for fm myself. When refunded will you no longer have access to the game ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vi said:

I've been told by the Stadia support that SI will release a game update by the end of June to fix this bug.

Could you please confirm me this?

This is great news. @Ben Allingham can you confirm this? And if so when will the update released? Will the saves we have work, or will the update only work for  starting new games? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/06/2020 at 15:36, Accy said:

Which email did you send to? I've had this problem on two different games I've started and it's gone beyond a joke now

Stadia-support@google.com  

 

7 hours ago, lfc7 said:

I only bought stadia for fm myself. When refunded will you no longer have access to the game ?

yeah  no access but I couldn't get into saves the same knowing it could all end at any time. Really frustrating, and very disappointing that this has gone on for such a long time and still no fix. 

Such a huge bug like this I think the right thing to do was stop others purchasing it untill the fix comes about. Wasted money unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, into_the_wild said:

This is great news. @Ben Allingham can you confirm this? And if so when will the update released? Will the saves we have work, or will the update only work for  starting new games? Thanks!

Would be nice to know if this is true as I am close to asking for a refund but if a fix is coming within next few days then I’ll wait @Ben Allingham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am hoping this is true, Only got the game on stadia recently and found out about this bug few days ago. Am 2 seasons in and panicking when I go to save now as would have a large size file save with all leagues loaded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ray27 said:

Am hoping this is true, Only got the game on stadia recently and found out about this bug few days ago. Am 2 seasons in and panicking when I go to save now as would have a large size file save with all leagues loaded

I know the feeling I had the Feeling of panic when saving for about 2 months after finding this thread the first time it happened. Now save wont load and the months I’ve spent playing it are lost :( it’s ruined the game for me I can’t even start a new save cause I worry it will happen again 

Edited by lfc7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lfc7 said:

I know the feeling I had the Feeling of panic when saving for about 2 months after finding this thread the first time it happened. Now save wont load and the months I’ve spent playing it are lost :( it’s ruined the game for me I can’t even start a new save cause I worry it will happen again 

Fingers crossed for everyone going through it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO...I did an export of my FM20-savegames via Google Takeout, and I think I have spotted the exact issue. Every savegame that is NOT corrupt, has the same file size of exactly 200MB:

image.thumb.png.4f424ddd382ad5268b452279b3b7dc67.png

image.thumb.png.75c9d28adb0ac625ded0c10130508a4b.png

As a software developer, I find it extremely hard to believe that ANY file is EXACTLY 200 MB in size, let alone multiple files,  which makes the problem super-obvious to me: the max size for a FM-savegame on Stadia is 200 MB.

Please fix this problem (can't be that hard to be honest, and I can't image this being such a surprise, since EVERY FM-savegame goes well over 200MB in time) AND tell us if these 200MB-savegames are still "playable" or that some data will be lost, since I think that the savegames will have been bigger than 200MB by now...

Keep us posted asap please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leyodemus said:

SO...I did an export of my FM20-savegames via Google Takeout, and I think I have spotted the exact issue. Every savegame that is NOT corrupt, has the same file size of exactly 200MB:

image.thumb.png.4f424ddd382ad5268b452279b3b7dc67.png

image.thumb.png.75c9d28adb0ac625ded0c10130508a4b.png

As a software developer, I find it extremely hard to believe that ANY file is EXACTLY 200 MB in size, let alone multiple files,  which makes the problem super-obvious to me: the max size for a FM-savegame on Stadia is 200 MB.

Please fix this problem (can't be that hard to be honest, and I can't image this being such a surprise, since EVERY FM-savegame goes well over 200MB in time) AND tell us if these 200MB-savegames are still "playable" or that some data will be lost, since I think that the savegames will have been bigger than 200MB by now...

Keep us posted asap please!

Interesting could you post up how to do it please ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, into_the_wild said:

This thread tells you how to do it. https://community.sigames.com/topic/517082-how-to-download-your-stadia-save-games/
I think there is merit in what @Leyodemus is saying. When I downloaded my saves from Takeout, the failing ones were all around the 200MB mark.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 7.29.02 PM.png

Yep, and I'll raise you: it's not even "around the 200MB mark", ALL of those savegames are EXACTLY 200.000.000 bytes in size, which is a virtually impossible coincidence :-) So that has to be the limit that was set on Stadia for FM-savegames.

If this was a conscious decision, FM should have never been released there because that's just ridiculous. @Ben Allingham, please tell me I'm wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the saves that are failing are 200MB or the ones that are still ok are ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my case these saves are still OK, but if I load them and continue playing, FM refuses to save the game again...

To be honest, I think that all the 200MB-savegames are in fact corrupted in some shape or form, because it is near-to-impossible that ANY savegame is exactly 200MB in size. I'm not sure where the corruption is situated, since these savegames can still be loaded at this point, but I think it's fair to say that the 200MB-limit is the root of all evil and has to be removed :-)

If Google says: nope, 200MB per savegame is all you get, that's their choice of course, but then we should all be refunded and FM has to be removed from Stadia. Since the purchase price on Stadia was (at least) the same as the Steam-version, but the game cannot offer the same possibilities, that would be a no-brainer to me.

I simply can't grasp the fact that this comes as a surprise for SI, since every self-respecting savegame in the history of FM grows beyond 200MB. Another possibility: Google simply never mentioned the limitation to SI, which would be an equally big surprise, but not impossible ;-)

Either way, this should have been dealt with a long time ago, since it is not rocket science to figure out what the issue is here. I don't want to be a jerk and start pointing fingers, but this is unacceptable on many levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Leyodemus said:

In my case these saves are still OK, but if I load them and continue playing, FM refuses to save the game again...

To be honest, I think that all the 200MB-savegames are in fact corrupted in some shape or form, because it is near-to-impossible that ANY savegame is exactly 200MB in size. I'm not sure where the corruption is situated, since these savegames can still be loaded at this point, but I think it's fair to say that the 200MB-limit is the root of all evil and has to be removed :-)

If Google says: nope, 200MB per savegame is all you get, that's their choice of course, but then we should all be refunded and FM has to be removed from Stadia. Since the purchase price on Stadia was (at least) the same as the Steam-version, but the game cannot offer the same possibilities, that would be a no-brainer to me.

I simply can't grasp the fact that this comes as a surprise for SI, since every self-respecting savegame in the history of FM grows beyond 200MB. Another possibility: Google simply never mentioned the limitation to SI, which would be an equally big surprise, but not impossible ;-)

Either way, this should have been dealt with a long time ago, since it is not rocket science to figure out what the issue is here. I don't want to be a jerk and start pointing fingers, but this is unacceptable on many levels.

If this proves to be the case then you should be given the next 10 fm's on stadia/steam for free :lol:

Edited by lfc7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think starting a new save now you will be able to carry it on once the update has been released ? Since my save wouldn't load i haven't been playing fm, but in my spare time now i don't know what to do with myself :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will an update be released? Silence is quite deafening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ray27 said:

Will an update be released? Silence is quite deafening 

@Ben Allingham ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/06/2020 at 11:07, vi said:

I've been told by the Stadia support that SI will release a game update by the end of June to fix this bug.

Could you please confirm me this?

Hi,

It's an issue we're still working with Google to address and any time frame stated here for a potential update is incorrect. When we have any further information or an update is released it'll be announced via these forums.
 
Cheers,
Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

It's an issue we're still working with Google to address and any time frame stated here for a potential update is incorrect. When we have any further information or an update is released it'll be announced via these forums.
 
Cheers,
Ben

@Ben Allingham that's disappointing that the time frame given in this thread earlier was incorrect.   Can you confirm any of what @Leyodemus was saying that there appears to be a 200 MB limit to save the games on Stadia?

Edited by into_the_wild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope this will get fixed soon. It drives me nuts.
At least I can still play on my PC with me Steam version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Maidenhead said:

Just lost my 13-season save, won't even load :mad:

Maybe the way forward until this is fixed is to leave Stadia version alone until a fix appears, seems like a waste of time to continue a save at the moment, Have fm on other platforms but stadiia is the only place I can have all leagues loaded and fast processing, A shame as apart from this bug really enjoying fm on Stadia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, into_the_wild said:

@Ben Allingham that's disappointing that the time frame given in this thread earlier was incorrect.   Can you confirm any of what @Leyodemus was saying that there appears to be a 200 MB limit to save the games on Stadia?

Hi,

Without revealing too much, each save slot on the Stadia platform has a size limit. We implemented a system in which saves can split over slots if they exceed the limit. Save size is something we have experimented with and internal investigations are ongoing. However, whilst trying to reproduce this issue I've experienced it very early on in saves when they'd still be a small size.

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Maidenhead said:

Just lost my 13-season save, won't even load :mad:

I feel you i really do i was doing dafuge challenge and had got Warrington Town to championship and was 4 pts clear after 12 games when mine refused to load. I had put some much into the save and it was the first time i had done a proper non league save and it was genuinely the best save I've ever had. I hadn't been able to start a save for a while due to worrying it will fail at some point so I've started a A.S Roma save where i want to win League and CL  just so i can play FM as don't know what to do with myself in my free time without it :lol: As of now i am unable to start a proper long term save as its pointless if its going to fail at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK @Ben Allingham... So in other words: every 200MB-file that I see in my Google Takeout-zip is just 1 part of a particular savegame. Well, I checked and that seems to be the case indeed, since there are 2 separate files with the exact same name for each of my savegames. That is probably also the reason why my Steam-version of FM can't load these files "separately". The splitting/merging-code was probably only included in the Stadia-version of FM? If there is a way to load these splitted savegames in the Steam-version, please let me know.

From a software developer standpoint I totally get what you are saying, but I just can't image that this issue is only now coming to the surface and was not noticed/dealt with before the game was launched on Stadia.

Anyway, I sincerely hope this gets fixed soon and that this won't happen again in future FM-versions, because apart from this major issue I love playing FM on Stadia :-)

Please keep us posted on the progress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

Without revealing too much, each save slot on the Stadia platform has a size limit. We implemented a system in which saves can split over slots if they exceed the limit. Save size is something we have experimented with and internal investigations are ongoing. However, whilst trying to reproduce this issue I've experienced it very early on in saves when they'd still be a small size.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi @Ben Allingham,
   Thanks for your response. At this point I think I am going to ask for a refund for FM 2020 from Stadia. This has been an issue for so long that I have no confidence in it getting fixed. I appreciate you engaging with us in this forum, I know it's not your fault and you are probably not the one responsible for fixing this, however I think it's really poor that this issue has existed so long without getting resolved. I get that certain bugs are difficult to repro and fix, but this issue has now existed for over 6 months. I find it really hard to believe that such a serious issue as this hasn't been addressed yet, which makes me think it's not a priority for SI or Stadia. 
I'm a big fan of FM and love playing it, so I was delighted when it was released for Stadia as I currently don't have a personal laptop/gaming pc capable of running FM, and I know the same is true for many more (several on this thread).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, into_the_wild said:

Hi @Ben Allingham,
   Thanks for your response. At this point I think I am going to ask for a refund for FM 2020 from Stadia. This has been an issue for so long that I have no confidence in it getting fixed. I appreciate you engaging with us in this forum, I know it's not your fault and you are probably not the one responsible for fixing this, however I think it's really poor that this issue has existed so long without getting resolved. I get that certain bugs are difficult to repro and fix, but this issue has now existed for over 6 months. I find it really hard to believe that such a serious issue as this hasn't been addressed yet, which makes me think it's not a priority for SI or Stadia. 
I'm a big fan of FM and love playing it, so I was delighted when it was released for Stadia as I currently don't have a personal laptop/gaming pc capable of running FM, and I know the same is true for many more (several on this thread).

 

Can totally understand your point and i am thinking of doing the same myself, as i have no confidence in starting another long term save on stadia and i really enjoy playing it on there minus the save issue. Only issue like you said is i don't have a powerful Laptop/PC to play it on for the leagues i want :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just an update - I got a refund from Google Stadia. i explained the situation to them and it was no hassle. You can contact through chat by going here: https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9551446? and select "Contact Us".

i did ask for an update on the state of the bug fix at present and got: "As of the moment, all I can see is that it is still being worked on by our admins and with the game developer. You can also stay tune on their forum for latest information about the bug too."

Edited by into_the_wild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a long time FM fan, I am really let down by both Google and SI. I realize you guys are working hard but  how can the problem of a save file with a max size of 200MB not have been caught in QA before release? 

If you guys want me to buy the next installment, please make sure you fix this for this year's version.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My save game is lost, wouldn't save and now won't load. None of the saves will load, so I've asked stadia for a refund and suggested they remove the game from the stadia store until it's fixed. It's bad faith to sell a game that doesn't work, which many players discover after a season or two,  having played beyond the maximum two hours stadia set as the limit for a refund. It's such a shame, I had already bought the game on Steam but with a slow laptop I bought it again on Stadia hoping for a better experience, which it was until this issue. I will wait for Steam to provide a cloud service now before I buy the game again, if I do. I suggest anyone affected add a comment to the stadia Twitter post on football manager 2020, they seem to respond to that quite quickly and it provides a warning to future customers. I'll take down my own tweet if the issue is fixed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...