Sports Interactive Community

Hi 

So I started a new man United save again as my last save (10 seasons long) wouldn't load. Worked for 2 seasons then wouldn't load again. 

Just tried making a new save and save error came back and saves don't load again.

How long should we expect this constant problem to carry on?

On 16/04/2020 at 17:43, Ben Allingham said:

Hi everyone,

After reading reports from users, it looks like the fix implemented by Google is no good. I'm just as disappointed as all of you by this news. We're continuing to look at this issue from our side and I'll update you with any news.

Cheers,

Ben

Made it to the start of Feb 😂 saved closed came to load up and it can't be loaded 😂 

Posted (edited)

@Ben AllinghamAllingham

If we play with more leagues and players the only thing it effects in the save file is its size right ? Because with medium database and 1 league loaded I got over 7 seasons without issue. It's kind of annoying as we can't even get a refund from stadia and I'm not buying the game again for switch, I've bought every game since championship manager 01. If this can't be fixed soon next years game  I'll have to go back to touch on switch or something 😒 

Edit as I type the game that wouldn't load yesterday and seemed corrupted just loaded ? That's a new one ??

Edited by Darkrapid
Insight

Posted (edited)

@Ben AllinghamAllingham

Uploaded the save to that cloud thing it's mark McKenna -sunderland as thats the exact one that wouldn't load I have no idea why it has now 

Hopefully it provides some information, as a weird note it has two copies of all my saves on there one is 190mb the other 130mb 

Edited by Darkrapid
Info

Posted (edited)

Any update on this very serious bug?

Edited by Andresin

Posted (edited)

This is how I play the game with the bug. It's frustrating but it's a way to be able to progress without having all your saves becoming unloadable. Maybe it could provide some insight to the work hopefully being done to fix the bug.

I save manually using several save files that i switch between. I save regularily everey three or four days so I don't have to replay a lot when the game fails to save.

Before I save, I first delete the save file that I'm replacing (I'm not sure if it makes a difference). When the game is saving there's a bar that fills up from left to right. It moves slower in the beginning, faster in the middle and then there's a paus at the end before it fills up the last bit. 

Saving the game fails maybe 20 % of the time for me. If it fails it's mostly at the beginning of the bar filling up but sometimes it's at the end. Sometimes I get an error message but sometimes it fails silently. If I didn't pay attention I check by clicking to load a game (before doing anything else). If the game tells me to save my game before I load the save failed. If you made some little game play action you can check by loading the save you just made. If it loads as it should it was successful.

When the save has failed there is no way to save your progress since your last succesful save. After failing to save the game also usually won't load previous saves even if those were successful. I have to quit and exit the game, restart and then load the last succesful save. If I try and load the failed save it will load the previous succesful save with that name (if I didn't delete before saving).

Edited by Andresin

@Ben AllinghamAllingham

How does stadia handle the saves ? I got another half a season further then it it just refused to save at all no matter what I do then all my previous saves don't load full stop then the next day one loads but it's like a month earlier than it should have been? Is it recovering older saves when there is a problem ? We can't request a refund from Google as far as I know as.it won't let you what do we do here ? 

I Bought just to do long saves and got 4 save games destroyed by this bug. Stadia won't refund me as well.

Just lost my Warrington save I’ve spent ages on, genuinely don’t have the heart to start another save I have put so much into this absolutely gutted it’s lost. 

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted in here so I thought I'd provide an update. Since my last post we have been speaking more with Google. We have sent them the saves provided to us by users in this thread and given them reproduction steps so they can reproduce the issue on their end and debug the cause.  As of yet we've had no reply from them, but I hope to hear from them soon.

Cheers,

Ben

On 01/05/2020 at 09:40, Andresin said:

This is how I play the game with the bug. It's frustrating but it's a way to be able to progress without having all your saves becoming unloadable. Maybe it could provide some insight to the work hopefully being done to fix the bug.

I save manually using several save files that i switch between. I save regularily everey three or four days so I don't have to replay a lot when the game fails to save.

Before I save, I first delete the save file that I'm replacing (I'm not sure if it makes a difference). When the game is saving there's a bar that fills up from left to right. It moves slower in the beginning, faster in the middle and then there's a paus at the end before it fills up the last bit. 

Saving the game fails maybe 20 % of the time for me. If it fails it's mostly at the beginning of the bar filling up but sometimes it's at the end. Sometimes I get an error message but sometimes it fails silently. If I didn't pay attention I check by clicking to load a game (before doing anything else). If the game tells me to save my game before I load the save failed. If you made some little game play action you can check by loading the save you just made. If it loads as it should it was successful.

When the save has failed there is no way to save your progress since your last succesful save. After failing to save the game also usually won't load previous saves even if those were successful. I have to quit and exit the game, restart and then load the last succesful save. If I try and load the failed save it will load the previous succesful save with that name (if I didn't delete before saving).

@Andresin hi when you delete the save file you are replacing do you call it the exact same name or something different ? Thanks 

15 hours ago, lfc7 said:

@Andresin hi when you delete the save file you are replacing do you call it the exact same name or something different ? Thanks 

I usually give it the same name after deleting.

7 hours ago, Andresin said:

I usually give it the same name after deleting.

That’s what I’ve been doing thanks. How many save files do you have I’ve got about 3/4. Think my failure rate is about 35-40% :( hopefully it’s fixed soon 

7 hours ago, lfc7 said:

That’s what I’ve been doing thanks. How many save files do you have I’ve got about 3/4. Think my failure rate is about 35-40% :( hopefully it’s fixed soon 

In total maybe 25 saves of which 5-6 are saves of my current game. Recently I've been experiencing a better success rate when saving the game, failing about 5-10% of the time. But maybe that's because I've started a new game and have only played til January 2021 so far. 

1 hour ago, Andresin said:

In total maybe 25 saves of which 5-6 are saves of my current game. Recently I've been experiencing a better success rate when saving the game, failing about 5-10% of the time. But maybe that's because I've started a new game and have only played til January 2021 so far. 

Thanks

I just got this issue today.

Stadia suport directed me to contact the publisher.

My tag is : teamdresch#4343

I replied to them with this forum chain and they are investigating it, haven't got any solution or timeframe yet from them, I would get back in touch with them on stadia live chat and say the game is unplayable! 

18 hours ago, mintcf said:

I just got this issue today.

Stadia suport directed me to contact the publisher.

My tag is : teamdresch#4343

On 05/05/2020 at 16:38, Ben Allingham said:

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted in here so I thought I'd provide an update. Since my last post we have been speaking more with Google. We have sent them the saves provided to us by users in this thread and given them reproduction steps so they can reproduce the issue on their end and debug the cause.  As of yet we've had no reply from them, but I hope to hear from them soon.

Cheers,

Ben

Stadia have replied to me saying that it is an issue for you guys which is really frustrating.Screenshot_20200514-061045.thumb.jpg.a90fb63bd5fe0c3d6d1ff3481347ad03.jpg

I also have the same issue which is very frustrating, how hard is it for you 2 to get on the phone and sort this out, because it unfair on us the consumers

Hello again everyone,

Last night we received confirmation from the Stadia team over at Google that they're actively trying to reproduce the issue and find the cause.

On 14/05/2020 at 08:39, Bobbydean94 said:

Stadia have replied to me saying that it is an issue for you guys which is really frustrating.Screenshot_20200514-061045.thumb.jpg.a90fb63bd5fe0c3d6d1ff3481347ad03.jpg

I'd like to point out that the claim made in this email that the bug happens on FM on all platforms is inaccurate, this is a Stadia only issue. We have spoken to Google about this and they have admitted the inaccuracy. 

Thank you all for being patient whilst we sort this matter. 

Cheers,

Ben

One of my save games magically started working again, although others are still failing to load.

From time to time with the game that IS working it will fail to save. I can get around this by creating a new save, so I end up alternating between two saves for the one career when they fail :/

Posted (edited)
On 15/05/2020 at 18:30, mintcf said:

One of my save games magically started working again, although others are still failing to load.

From time to time with the game that IS working it will fail to save. I can get around this by creating a new save, so I end up alternating between two saves for the one career when they fail :/

I have 3 save files on my Warrington save and save every 3/4 days alternating between the files but it’s very frustrating when you are having to replay games. As I said I am Warrington now in L1 am 13th and just played Sunderland away and got a good 1-1 result.

Go to save it afterwards and it fails once it fails it will noT save so I had to quit game and now I will have to replay that match again and it gets really annoying especially if you pull off a shock result then have to replay the match again.

I really wish whoever’s job it is at google to look into this would give it the same amount of time as it clearly does its triple a games. 

Edited by lfc7

Posted (edited)
On 17/05/2020 at 03:11, lfc7 said:

I have 3 save files on my Warrington save and save every 3/4 days alternating between the files but it’s very frustrating when you are having to replay games. As I said I am Warrington now in L1 am 13th and just played Sunderland away and got a good 1-1 result.

Go to save it afterwards and it fails once it fails it will noT save so I had to quit game and now I will have to replay that match again and it gets really annoying especially if you pull off a shock result then have to replay the match again.

I really wish whoever’s job it is at google to look into this would give it the same amount of time as it clearly does its triple a games. 

I have the same experience. It's very annoying and frustrating. It even ruins the game when you lose an important game and then it won't save and you have to pay it again and you win it. It takes all the joy out of winning. And having to replay the tedious bits is incredibly boring. This bug makes me ragequit the game all the time. 

Edited by Andresin

13 hours ago, Andresin said:

I have the same experience. It's very annoying and frustrating. It even ruins the game when you lose an important game and then it won't save and you have to pay it again and you win it. It takes all the joy out of winning. And having to replay the tedious boss is incredibly boring. This bug makes me ragequit the game all the time. 

Yes if i lose a game and it fails then i replay it till i lose same for winning as i don't want to gain anything i didn't have. I hope i don't jinx it, but what has worked for me the last 2 days without any save fails is the save the game every 20 mins (real time) as it seems every time its failed latley the last time i saved was around an hr. Ill update this if there are any changes.

Just been headhunted for the Man City job on my long term save and I can't save it. Very frustrating.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, LincolnCanary said:

Just been headhunted for the Man City job on my long term save and I can't save it. Very frustrating.

Yes very frustrating. I drew against QPR 0-0 at home on my Warrington save then it failed (so I guess saving it every 20/30 mins didn’t solve it) now I am having to replay the match again and every time I win it Feels like cheating if I can’t get that draw again and I don’t really wanna go any further till I do. 

Edited by lfc7

hi ben i am having the same issue, the only difference is that im playing on the microsoft system and saving on both xcloud and local on my hard drive both are unable to save or load

5 hours ago, CHARBEL_SL said:

hi ben i am having the same issue, the only difference is that im playing on the microsoft system and saving on both xcloud and local on my hard drive both are unable to save or load

Is it the same problem? Does this happen to all your games? Does it work fine for one or two seasons and then saving starts to fail? Can you restart the game and previous saves will load again?

20 hours ago, CHARBEL_SL said:

Hi @CHARBEL_SL,

Could you please log this in the technical issues forum here https://community.sigames.com/forum/738-crashes-technical-issues/. One of my colleagues more knowledgeable on gamepass will respond to you.

Cheers,

Ben

Well all was fine until last night when i wanted to save & nope, save game failed, tried again this morning had to go back over a couple of months and again same issue raised it's head.. poor experience from Stadia ruins the game

Hi having the same issues as a few other people it seems. Playing via stadia and keep getting the save failed message or it just doesn't save. 

Been asked by Sega to create my own thread so I have direct contact.  I have quite alot if leagues loaded and I am in to august 2023. 

Is there  any known workaround at the moment? Seems pointless to start a new game if this is just going to happen again. 

Has this been happening since release or just since an update? 

I've only had the game since March, when i found out about stadia and purchased it all just to play fm. Please get this sorted ASAP 💔

On 23/05/2020 at 13:21, Workington-afc said:

Is there  any known workaround at the moment?

Looks like some users on this thread have had success by creating multiple copies of a save game or saving to a new file instead of overwriting. 

On 15/05/2020 at 13:03, Ben Allingham said:

Last night we received confirmation from the Stadia team over at Google that they're actively trying to reproduce the issue and find the cause.

Regarding the above, we have had no contact from Google since this. So unfortunately we still have no update.

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks @Ben Allingham really getting frustrating on a great run with my Warrington side won 5 on the bounce played Bolton won again then international break and I let it auto save by mistake (Big No No when it’s in its current state of file save failing)

It won’t  save now so the great run I am on and the fact Sunderland dropped points to give me a 7 pt lead after 13 games could be gone. If I don’t have auto save on I forget and could potentially play a few games then have to replay all. If I do have it on and haven’t saved for a while I.e international break then 9 times out of 10 I fails. Really disappointing from google I must say.

Hmm.

I managed to save twice yesterday with what I believed was no issues. I had no pop up, it was an appropriate length of time, a save file was created.

When I logged in yesterday, I noticed the loading screen showed my avatar stood in my club's dressing room, as I'd expect (usually on a corrupt save I lose this page). I then tried to load and got an error "This save can't be loaded". 

Is this the same problem?

Thanks

13 hours ago, LincolnCanary said:

Hmm.

I managed to save twice yesterday with what I believed was no issues. I had no pop up, it was an appropriate length of time, a save file was created.

When I logged in yesterday, I noticed the loading screen showed my avatar stood in my club's dressing room, as I'd expect (usually on a corrupt save I lose this page). I then tried to load and got an error "This save can't be loaded". 

Is this the same problem?

Thanks

I can't say for sure but saves fail in different ways for me. Sometimes I get a pop up but sometimes not. I always check by going to load a game. If FM does not tell me to save before loading it saved ok. 

This really needs to be sorted out. 

I'm so tired of this bug. It's come back for me in every save when I have progressed a couple of seasons.

I got a refund from Stadia and cancelled my Stadia pro. Maybe I'll get the Steam version and continue playing with the saves I extracted from Google. To bad my computer is not well suited to run FM. 

Just lost six months worth of progress thanks to my game not being able to save and the save I thought I had managed to create had actually corrupted too. 

Posted (edited)

I got an error when loading my saves on Stadia when playing FM2020.

It says that my game cannot be loaded - With no addition info.

My id is: Vincenzo#4739

Edited by vi

I'm now oan my 3rd save  when this issue has struck me again. I'm sure it's because I use alot of leagues but yeah I'm not expecting anything to be done im just posting to make sure this will be sorted if there's a future game on stadia. 

Posted (edited)

Hey, this has been an issue for me too. My last two saves have been corrupted. @Ben Allingham i contacted Stadia about it but they told me to contact the games publisher and the agent I spoke to was adamant this was not a "Stadia" issue. In one of my saved games (about 3 seasons in) my attempts to save often end in the error message "Cannot save game" and twice when it has saved, it seems the save has been corrupted and I cannot load it again.  Happy to export my corrupt saves for debugging purposes.

Edited by into_the_wild

Posted (edited)
On 01/06/2020 at 05:39, Songogo92 said:

I'm now oan my 3rd save  when this issue has struck me again. I'm sure it's because I use alot of leagues but yeah I'm not expecting anything to be done im just posting to make sure this will be sorted if there's a future game on stadia. 

Looks like your'e in the same boat as me. I've noticed that the longer you go in the game (2 or more seasons) the more it struggles with saving the game. The longer I go the more frequent the "Cannot save game" error messages are. What's worse is there's been a few occasions where it's says it's saved but the save game file is corrupted, meaning I can't load it.

Edited by into_the_wild

On 31/05/2020 at 17:53, vi said:

I got an error when loading my saves on Stadia when playing FM2020.

It says that my game cannot be loaded - With no addition info.

My id is: Vincenzo#4739

I got the same issue. It was all working fine since I started playing (I occasionally couldn't save the game but after a while it worked). But today I suddenly can't load my game that I saved yesterday  at 1am. 

I downloaded my game file and uploaded it as instructed maybe it will helping solving the issue  (File name: Tottenham_aktuell) (Stadia tag: Blacktroup#6284). 

Btw where can I send in an additional list of bugs and problems so that the next FM on Stadia will be better?

33 minutes ago, Blacktroup said:

Btw where can I send in an additional list of bugs and problems so that the next FM on Stadia will be better?

Hi,

If they are Stadia specific bugs, please log them here https://community.sigames.com/forum/730-google-stadia-specific-bugs-forum/.

If they are FM general bugs, please find the relevant forum here https://community.sigames.com/forum/726-football-manager-2020-bugs-forum/.

Cheers,

Ben

This issue is really a game killer! Please do something otherwise many users will not but FM anymore!

6 minutes ago, vi said:

This issue is really a game killer! Please do something otherwise many users will not but FM anymore!

I love FM and I don't have a good enough laptop to play so was delighted when it was made available for Stadia. This issue really is a game killer though, what's the point of starting a new game if you can't save or load games after a few seasons? I won't be playing FM until this is fixed.

On 05/06/2020 at 17:01, into_the_wild said:

@Ben Allingham Is there any update on this from Google?

Hi,

We have had no contact from Google in the past 2 weeks. I have given them all the information I can regarding this bug, so I can only hope they're making progress.

Cheers,

Ben

5 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

We have had no contact from Google in the past 2 weeks. I have given them all the information I can regarding this bug, so I can only hope they're making progress.

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks for the reply @Ben Allingham
It's pretty disappointing there has been no update from Google on this issue. There seems to be many people, quite far in their saves, who have been affected. There are also people who could be purchasing FM on Stadia, starting new games, who could run in to this bug and lose xx hours of gaming. 
I appreciate the devs at Stadia will have a lot of work on their plates, but this is a pretty major issue. I will email Stadia for a status update but I would hope that Sports Interactive are chasing up on this as well.