Sports Interactive Community

11 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Ciao entrambi

Come ho affermato nei messaggi precedenti, questo è un problema che stiamo prendendo molto sul serio. Il team Stadia di Google mi ha assicurato che, fornendo i tuoi gamertag, saremmo stati in grado di ottenere potenzialmente l'accesso ai tuoi file di salvataggio ed eseguire il debug del problema. Tuttavia, anche se ho inoltrato i gamertag di coloro che mi hanno fornito, sembra che Google non abbia risolto il problema. Inseguirò di nuovo questo problema con loro.

Saluti,

Ben

In my case, the problem occurred when, by mistake, instead of clicking on "save game", I clicked on "save game as" and I overwrote the file on which it saved automatically. Although he managed to save the game, from that moment on he never allowed me to load it.

I started a new career with the original database and at the moment everything is going well, even if I share the fear of the other forumists to be able to lose all the efforts made at any moment.

Either way, I'd like to recover the corrupt save and help troubleshoot Stadia, so if my gamertag can serve it's: Lou #8719

Hi everyone,

I've got a very important update. I've just discovered a method to download your Stadia save files via the Google data download options.

I've recorded a video tutorial on how to do this (sorry it's so quiet :lol:). 

Hopefully this will improve the process of reporting and fixing Stadia bugs.

Cheers,

Ben

24 minutes ago, Joep48 said:

Hi @Ben Allingham

Does this mean that we can then use those save files with Steam in the local version of FM?

Yep, just put the .FM file in the folder with the rest of your local saves and it should work.

On 24/03/2020 at 01:45, Ben Allingham said:

Hi both,

As I've stated in previous messages this is an issue we're taking very seriously. I was ensured by the Stadia team over at Google that by providing your gamertags we would be able to potentially gain access to your save files and debug the problem. However, although I have forwarded on the gamertags of those who have provided me them, it seems Google have not pulled through with their side of things. I will chase this issue up with them again.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I believe it's being taken seriously at your end, not that sure about Google side when a fundamental issue remains for a long time, also lack of any response to their paying customer's feedback on the issue is not looking good. Let's see where this goes.

Nevertheless I was able to create a new game after just randomly trying out different data use options through the app. Then I could make a new game, which seems way too random and then I have had no issues on the new save although making all those differently named saves and deleting all the time... I don't dare to touch the previous long pending one.

Aleksi

16 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi everyone,

I've got a very important update. I've just discovered a method to download your Stadia save files via the Google data download options.

I've recorded a video tutorial on how to do this (sorry it's so quiet :lol:). 

Hopefully this will improve the process of reporting and fixing Stadia bugs.

Cheers,

Ben

Tried this only gives me one save which works fine isn't actually showing the one that doesn't work.ntye save file is also only like 170mb which after the 7 seasons or so in that save is seems a little small 

5 hours ago, Darkrapid said:

Tried this only gives me one save which works fine isn't actually showing the one that doesn't work.ntye save file is also only like 170mb which after the 7 seasons or so in that save is seems a little small 

Hi,

That's strange that it only shows one save.

image.thumb.png.f617405d28f4b988f68f7cb69bee5964.png

As you can see above, mine shows "1" which is the preferences then continues to show "1000" and "1001" which are the different save games. Save games will use IDs from 1000 to 1099.

Cheers,

Ben

17 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

That's strange that it only shows one save.

image.thumb.png.f617405d28f4b988f68f7cb69bee5964.png

As you can see above, mine shows "1" which is the preferences then continues to show "1000" and "1001" which are the different save games. Save games will use IDs from 1000 to 1099.

Cheers,

Ben

Just the one I have 2 saves though. is that why it won't load then because it's being deleted or something ? 

Screenshot_20200325-193555.png

IMG_20200325_194010.jpg

3 hours ago, Darkrapid said:

Just the one I have 2 saves though. is that why it won't load then because it's being deleted or something ? 

Screenshot_20200325-193555.png

IMG_20200325_194010.jpg

Hmm. Is the save that isn't appearing one that won't load? Perhaps because it wasn't saved to the cloud properly it isn't in your save data.

Hi everyone,

if you experience an issue where your save game fails (or does appear to work but when you load it it's on a previous date), please send us the most recent working save of that game you have.

Any save that shows an error when trying to load will not display in your Stadia data as it has not been saved to the cloud correctly.

If we can collect a bunch of these saves it will make it easier for us to diagnose the problem

Cheers,

Ben

Hi,

Where I should send the save game files?

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

Hi,

Where I should send the save game files?

Please follow the instructions here.

After uploading your save please tell me the name of it so I can find it.

Could you also let me know which issue you've been having (failing to save or saving but when loaded is on a previous date) and what in game date it is failing to save on?

Cheers,

Ben

Posted (edited)
On 24/03/2020 at 23:58, Ben Allingham said:

Yep, just put the .FM file in the folder with the rest of your local saves and it should work.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your help with this.  Good to see some movement.  I spoke to Google who said, in short "save files are user data and so we do make them available through Takeout. However, there's no way to import save data into Stadia. Whether or not save files are compatible between platforms is up to an individual developer."  

So it seems to me that (provided SI allow the files to be used across different platforms) we can use these files on the local version of FM20 through Steam as you've stated.  It also seems that even if you find the root cause you won't be able to fix our broken saves as you cannot import the fixed version back into Stadia to resolve the issue.  I will try to send you my only remaining working game file shortly to help you identify and fix the problem.

In relation to the game and user experience in general, will Sports Interactive be providing a complimentary game key for FM20 on Steam to make up for the game breaking Stadia bug?  If I can download my saves and use them through Steam then great, but I won't pay for a second copy of the game having already done so once on Stadia.

Thanks

Edited by Joep48

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hmm. Is the save that isn't appearing one that won't load? Perhaps because it wasn't saved to the cloud properly it isn't in your save data.

Yes the one that's not there is the one that won't load. If that was the case then it would let you save under a different name but when it does it then it just won't save full stop. And the saves that don't load have saved fine before you've turned it off. I don't have an earlier version of the save to send sorry. 

With everything in the UK shut. it would be nice to be able to come home after work and have it work properly, getting a little fed up of losing saves. It's been going on since what before xmas now.

Edited by Darkrapid

On 26/03/2020 at 13:04, Ben Allingham said:

Please follow the instructions here.

After uploading your save please tell me the name of it so I can find it.

Could you also let me know which issue you've been having (failing to save or saving but when loaded is on a previous date) and what in game date it is failing to save on?

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I don't know if I will be able to make myself understood with the help of google translate.

I uploaded (I hope correctly) four files, the names are: Hungerford 1; Hungerford 2; Vis Pesaro 1 A; Vis Pesaro 1 B.

The files are four because I noticed, downloading the saves from google takeout, this strange doubling.

The game with Hungerford (I don't know which of the two rows it is) can no longer be loaded. As I wrote in a previous message, this happened as a result of overwriting the file where the game automatically saved.

Last night, the other problem encountered by the players of this forum appeared, namely the inability to save the game.
Initially, the problem was circumvented by creating a new save file each time.
In my case, original file ---> new file ---> new file. On the third attempt to create a new file, this was no longer possible. Again, I don't know which of the two Vis Pesaro files (1 A or 1 B) it is, I can tell you that from that save - which I can still load - I had made three more games. So the problem occurred at a date close to or immediately following the match against Perugia.

In general, the rescue functions with Stadia seem very strange. Yesterday I had canceled the bailouts that, just bought the game, had been generated because the save option was set to three files in turn.
Today, trying to load the game, I saw that there were unnamed saves, where you could basically select the row, but I didn't try to load them, but to delete them again.

I hope I have been clear, and I can help solve the problems. We all need the certainty of starting a game and being able to carry it on as long as we want. The purchase of FM and Stadia, in my case, was determined precisely by being able to go on over the years, without the game becoming as heavy as it was with FM on the computer.

Thanks for the work you do and you will do, I hope there will be positive news soon.

On 27/03/2020 at 16:50, Lou said:

Hi Ben,

I don't know if I will be able to make myself understood with the help of google translate.

I uploaded (I hope correctly) four files, the names are: Hungerford 1; Hungerford 2; Vis Pesaro 1 A; Vis Pesaro 1 B.

The files are four because I noticed, downloading the saves from google takeout, this strange doubling.

The game with Hungerford (I don't know which of the two rows it is) can no longer be loaded. As I wrote in a previous message, this happened as a result of overwriting the file where the game automatically saved.

Last night, the other problem encountered by the players of this forum appeared, namely the inability to save the game.
Initially, the problem was circumvented by creating a new save file each time.
In my case, original file ---> new file ---> new file. On the third attempt to create a new file, this was no longer possible. Again, I don't know which of the two Vis Pesaro files (1 A or 1 B) it is, I can tell you that from that save - which I can still load - I had made three more games. So the problem occurred at a date close to or immediately following the match against Perugia.

In general, the rescue functions with Stadia seem very strange. Yesterday I had canceled the bailouts that, just bought the game, had been generated because the save option was set to three files in turn.
Today, trying to load the game, I saw that there were unnamed saves, where you could basically select the row, but I didn't try to load them, but to delete them again.

I hope I have been clear, and I can help solve the problems. We all need the certainty of starting a game and being able to carry it on as long as we want. The purchase of FM and Stadia, in my case, was determined precisely by being able to go on over the years, without the game becoming as heavy as it was with FM on the computer.

Thanks for the work you do and you will do, I hope there will be positive news soon.

Hi Lou,

Thanks for sending the saves. I've got them and I'll see if we can reproduce the issues internally.

Cheers,

Ben

guys, i just had a thought, to all those who have had this problem:

Do you play any other games on stadia? which games do you play and how many on them do you play?

any updates at all here @Ben Allingham?

Been over a month and a half since i've been able to play the game.  We all need either a fix or a refund asap at this point, beyond acceptable for a game to have a bug this gamebreaking for so long.

@Joep48

I think i found a fix. Just a casual FM player, i dont work for Sega or anything.

In your game (even if it's the one that you tried to save) follow these steps exactly:

1.go to preferences (top right, click the "FM" button) and search for "cache"

2.uncheck "Use caching...(blah blah)" there should be only one option

3.Then save via "save game as" and save over the current save (this is important i think, i did a few tests and it only seems to work this way consistently)

this seemed to work for me. 

@Ben Allingham

I think the issue is just that caching flag, i dont think the actual save game is corrupt. 

since you can save the same game if that flag is set to false (but i only got this to work consistently if you write over the same file via save game as)

I did a test by going on holiday for 7 days with that flag set to true and false. (about 4 times)

after each 7 day holiday i tried to save. 

with it set to true it failed regularly, with false it worked consistently if did save game as and wrote over the existing save.

i only did about 10 tests tbh, so not enough to say that it is definitely the reason (not sure about my negative test per say since i cant be sure of the baseline, since im a user),

but it might point you in the direction of where to look.

Good Afternoon @Ben Allingham

I have experienced the issues this morning which have been described in this thread - save game failed.  It is in line with what everyone else appears to be saying where it is a large save file (I am using a large database with majority of the European leagues loaded up and am about 5 seasons in).  I now cannot load the file or any of the back ups.

I have watched your video showing how to extract the save file from Google but it is not showing there.  I guess there is nothing you can do in this instance?

This is incredibly frustrating and I have been doubtful of Stadia since I purchased it but decided to persist and now it has all come to a head.  Admittedly, I do have a few other saves on the go (which load fine) but I am now extremely reluctant because I now know that at some point in the future, Google will decide that I will longer be able to play them either.

Hi everyone,

We're aware that some users on this platform have been encountering issues related to saves and it's something we've been investigating and highlighting with Google to make sure this is addressed. We appreciate those who have provided examples here and are hopeful of having a resolution as soon as possible. When we have any further information we'll make sure to update here.

Cheers,
Ben

9 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:
Hi everyone,

We're aware that some users on this platform have been encountering issues related to saves and it's something we've been investigating and highlighting with Google to make sure this is addressed. We appreciate those who have provided examples here and are hopeful of having a resolution as soon as possible. When we have any further information we'll make sure to update here.

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks Ben, let's hope it gets solved soon and permanently.  I know it's a lot to ask, and probably not possible, but it would great if we could somehow recover the corrupted files that happened as a result of the bug.  That's probably wishful thinking on my part though

Hello again everyone,

We've had confirmation from Google that they have fixed an issue on their end which we (and they) suspect was the cause of the constant save game problems. Google have told us that this fix went out in the latest version of the Stadia runtime (which went public yesterday). We hope this is the end of the save issues plaguing FM on Stadia. However, if you do encounter the bug again please let me know immediately.

Cheers,

Ben

54 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hello again everyone,

We've had confirmation from Google that they have fixed an issue on their end which we (and they) suspect was the cause of the constant save game problems. Google have told us that this fix went out in the latest version of the Stadia runtime (which went public yesterday). We hope this is the end of the save issues plaguing FM on Stadia. However, if you do encounter the bug again please let me know immediately.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi

I'm still having this issue. And I can no longer load up my save which is 10 years deep. Just keeps coming up saying "the save game could not be loaded"

Thanks

Mark

21 minutes ago, Marky3seat said:

Hi

I'm still having this issue. And I can no longer load up my save which is 10 years deep. Just keeps coming up saying "the save game could not be loaded"

Thanks

Mark

Hi,

This update won't fix saves that are already broken (which it sounds like yours was).

Cheers,

Ben

2 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

This update won't fix saves that are already broken (which it sounds like yours was).

Cheers,

Ben

So there is no way of me being able to now access my load game?

1 minute ago, Marky3seat said:

So there is no way of me being able to now access my load game?

Unfortunately not, no. 

10 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

Unfortunately not, no. 

So not only have I wasted hundreds of hours on that save I can not now use FM as it continues to do it on any save I make?

Brilliant

1 hour ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hello again everyone,

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,
I hope the problem has been solved.

I personally encountered another bug, which has already happened to me twice. The automatic saving starts, which I set to once a month / always on the same file and, when it reaches the end, it exits the game and I return to the home screen of Stadia.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Hi Ben,
I hope the problem has been solved.

I personally encountered another bug, which has already happened to me twice. The automatic saving starts, which I set to once a month / always on the same file and, when it reaches the end, it exits the game and I return to the home screen of Stadia.

Hi Lou,

How often is this happening to you and when you go back in to the game had the save worked correctly? 

Cheers,

Ben

Just now, Ben Allingham said:

Hi Lou,

How often is this happening to you and when you go back in to the game had the save worked correctly? 

Cheers,

None of my saves save or load. This is completely unacceptable. What is the point in playing the game when nothing works? 

How do I go about getting a full refund please?

8 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi Lou,

Cheers,

Ben

It only happened to me twice, but I can't give you more information about it. I think it happened on two occasions, including a few minutes ago, in which I played FM for several hours, going on for several months.

It is strange, because if it were the connection to jump, as happened to me other times, entering the 10 minutes of waiting continues to save. Instead, it returns to the home screen and the game restarts as if you had opened it at the time (licenses, no war child, etc. etc.).

The rescue, of course, did not take place and the load starts again from the previous one.

21 minutes ago, Marky3seat said:

None of my saves save or load. This is completely unacceptable. What is the point in playing the game when nothing works? 

How do I go about getting a full refund please?

Hi @Marky3seat

The Stadia return policy can be found here https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9598538?hl=en-GB.

I'm not sure how exactly it works, but looks like you can use the "Defective Purchase" reasoning.

Cheers,

Ben

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Marky3seat said:

I would rather be able to play the game tbh. How can there not be a way to play your game? 

Hey man,

Not an employee or anything but I've been having this issue for a while now also.  My understanding here is that once the fix is made (this week according to Ben) the game should be able to save correctly again.

This unfortunately means that any save file that doesn't load is gone (lost a lot of progress also) but any working saves can be continued and saved correctly from here on in.  Also new games should be fine, if you have the motivation to start a new one.  

I would say that if you have one working older file of your save try continuing from there and 'save game as' a new file to make sure you don't overwrite the working one at first.  

Edited by Joep48

Hi @Ben AllinghamAllingham

Thanks for the update.  Just an FYI, I just tried continuing progress and saving again and it still failed.  I'm going to presume that's because the fix hasn't been implemented yet.  Should we give it a few days to be completed?

13 hours ago, Joep48 said:

Hey man,

Not an employee or anything but I've been having this issue for a while now also.  My understanding here is that once the fix is made (this week according to Ben) the game should be able to save correctly again.

This unfortunately means that any save file that doesn't load is gone (lost a lot of progress also) but any working saves can be continued and saved correctly from here on in.  Also new games should be fine, if you have the motivation to start a new one.  

I would say that if you have one working older file of your save try continuing from there and 'save game as' a new file to make sure you don't overwrite the working one at first.  

Thanks for the help. 

Was hoping would load it up this morning and would be fine haha. Now I suppose I'll have to do some work until it's fixed. 

15 hours ago, Joep48 said:

Hi @Ben AllinghamAllingham

Thanks for the update.  Just an FYI, I just tried continuing progress and saving again and it still failed.  I'm going to presume that's because the fix hasn't been implemented yet.  Should we give it a few days to be completed?

From what Google have told us, the update should be out already. I must clarify that this update is purely on their side of things as the changes were made in Stadia not FM code.  It's unlikely, but it may be that new save games/slots are required to fully flush the issue. Does it still fail to save if you save the game as a new name?

@Ben AllinghamAllingham

Thanks for the update, I'll cross my fingers and start a new save I hope it works before I go down the refund route 

3 hours ago, Darkrapid said:

@Ben AllinghamAllingham

Thanks for the update, I'll cross my fingers and start a new save I hope it works before I go down the refund route 

I started a new save this morning and it seems to work. Saves and loads now. Had to start a new save 3 times before I didn't have any issues though.

On 4/15/2020 at 2:21 PM, Ben Allingham said:

Hello again everyone,

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

It happened much earlier than before, before Google did this update. I was alone on 11 march 2020.

20200416_182459.jpg

Hi everyone,

After reading reports from users, it looks like the fix implemented by Google is no good. I'm just as disappointed as all of you by this news. We're continuing to look at this issue from our side and I'll update you with any news.

Cheers,

Ben

Posted (edited)

I also have this problem with not being able to save and saves not being able to load. It worked fine for a couple of seasons. This is totally unacceptable.

Edit: If I restart Stadia the saves sometimes open but at an earlier date (an earlier version of that save file). 

Edited by Andresin

On 11/04/2020 at 13:42, vm said:

@Joep48

I think i found a fix. Just a casual FM player, i dont work for Sega or anything.

In your game (even if it's the one that you tried to save) follow these steps exactly:

1.go to preferences (top right, click the "FM" button) and search for "cache"

2.uncheck "Use caching...(blah blah)" there should be only one option

3.Then save via "save game as" and save over the current save (this is important i think, i did a few tests and it only seems to work this way consistently)

this seemed to work for me. 

@Ben Allingham

I think the issue is just that caching flag, i dont think the actual save game is corrupt. 

since you can save the same game if that flag is set to false (but i only got this to work consistently if you write over the same file via save game as)

I did a test by going on holiday for 7 days with that flag set to true and false. (about 4 times)

after each 7 day holiday i tried to save. 

with it set to true it failed regularly, with false it worked consistently if did save game as and wrote over the existing save.

i only did about 10 tests tbh, so not enough to say that it is definitely the reason (not sure about my negative test per say since i cant be sure of the baseline, since im a user),

but it might point you in the direction of where to look.

On 16/04/2020 at 17:43, Ben Allingham said:

Hi everyone,

After reading reports from users, it looks like the fix implemented by Google is no good. I'm just as disappointed as all of you by this news. We're continuing to look at this issue from our side and I'll update you with any news.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi never had any issues before with fm on stadia, it’s the only reason I bought stadia to play fm. Now I changed my file save to 3 slots recently and then have manually saved over v2 etc so maybe having too many saves has caused the issue ?

I’ve saved lots of videos from goals and incidents in game and was near my limit could this be an issue ? Tbh I think with the way it’s been advertised about online not needing console etc the last thing I should have to worry about is storage. 

I had just won the league (Vanarama National) with Warrington Town away from home a nice 5-0 win away to Maidenhead with 3 games to spare then it refused to save so I had to quit to start screen and try other saves. Luckily one loaded up where I was 3 days before Maidenhead game so replayed game and after game it refused to save so I loaded it up again to same point. 

This time I unticked cache like suggested In post quoted above and played through to Maidenhead game and afterwards tried to save and it saved. 

@Ben Allingham a few questions if I may. If I carry on with this save file with cache unticked is the only difference going to be that my game loads slower in general I.e going from one day to next loading pages etc ? If issue is fixed in future I suppose I could tick cache again ? 

is there clarification somewhere on how much storage we get for fm or if we can use our own ? I have google one storage. Thanks 

5 hours ago, lfc7 said:

Hi never had any issues before with fm on stadia, it’s the only reason I bought stadia to play fm. Now I changed my file save to 3 slots recently and then have manually saved over v2 etc so maybe having too many saves has caused the issue ?

I’ve saved lots of videos from goals and incidents in game and was near my limit could this be an issue ? Tbh I think with the way it’s been advertised about online not needing console etc the last thing I should have to worry about is storage. 

Hi,

I do not think so. I was saving on the same file and not on three in turn like you and I had the same problem.

From experience I can say that the only thing that causes the problem in question is the extension of the database.

For example, I tried to make a career by setting only the South American and Mexican leagues as playable, and the game works normally.
The problem whith this small configuration of database is  game wasn't realistic enough. For example, I did not receive offers for my players from European countries as would have happened if I had made them playable and, moreover, this configuration did not even allow me to play the Club World Cup once the Copa Libertadores won.

5 hours ago, lfc7 said:

I had just won the league (Vanarama National) with Warrington Town away from home a nice 5-0 win away to Maidenhead with 3 games to spare then it refused to save so I had to quit to start screen and try other saves. Luckily one loaded up where I was 3 days before Maidenhead game so replayed game and after game it refused to save so I loaded it up again to same point. 

This time I unticked cache like suggested In post quoted above and played through to Maidenhead game and afterwards tried to save and it saved. 

@Ben Allingham a few questions if I may. If I carry on with this save file with cache unticked is the only difference going to be that my game loads slower in general I.e going from one day to next loading pages etc ? If issue is fixed in future I suppose I could tick cache again ? 

is there clarification somewhere on how much storage we get for fm or if we can use our own ? I have google one storage. Thanks 

I also tried what was written in the previous messages about the cache, but in my opinion this trick only worsens the problem. In fact, even if I manage to save, I can no longer load the save that becomes corrupt.
So either this has not happened to you yet because you have selected a database smaller than mine and it will happen to you in the future, or I envy you because you don't have a bug that I have. :-D

For the rest I join your second question, it is something that I wanted to ask for a while too.
Also, without wanting to create false illusions, I would be pleased if Ben provided us with some more details on the state of the resolution of the problem.

6 hours ago, lfc7 said:

Hi,

The "cache trick" mentioned by another user above is not a confirmed fix for this bug and as far as we're concerned changing your cache preferences shouldn't have any affect on the saving process.

6 hours ago, lfc7 said:

43 minutes ago, Lou said:

For the rest I join your second question, it is something that I wanted to ask for a while too.
Also, without wanting to create false illusions, I would be pleased if Ben provided us with some more details on the state of the resolution of the problem.

The storage system for Stadia is not something that we have a say in and therefore it is not my place to publicly divulge information. I would love to provide more information, but I'm not sure how public Google have been with the limits so I'd have to get permission from them first. 

Cheers,

Ben

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Hi,

I do not think so. I was saving on the same file and not on three in turn like you and I had the same problem.

From experience I can say that the only thing that causes the problem in question is the extension of the database.

For example, I tried to make a career by setting only the South American and Mexican leagues as playable, and the game works normally.
The problem whith this small configuration of database is  game wasn't realistic enough. For example, I did not receive offers for my players from European countries as would have happened if I had made them playable and, moreover, this configuration did not even allow me to play the Club World Cup once the Copa Libertadores won.

I also tried what was written in the previous messages about the cache, but in my opinion this trick only worsens the problem. In fact, even if I manage to save, I can no longer load the save that becomes corrupt.
So either this has not happened to you yet because you have selected a database smaller than mine and it will happen to you in the future, or I envy you because you don't have a bug that I have. :-D

I have england, italy, spain, germany, france, portugal, holland, brazil and argentina leagues on my save, most of them are just top leagues or top 2 with only the eng league down to VNN/S.

2 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi,

The "cache trick" mentioned by another user above is not a confirmed fix for this bug and as far as we're concerned changing your cache preferences shouldn't have any affect on the saving process.

The storage system for Stadia is not something that we have a say in and therefore it is not my place to publicly divulge information. I would love to provide more information, but I'm not sure how public Google have been with the limits so I'd have to get permission from them first. 

Cheers,

Ben

Hi @Ben Allingham if i go forward with the cache unticked is the only difference going to be the loading times for my save it wont affect anything else or does it have to be ticked ? Is it confirmed what is actually causing this to happen ? thanks

24 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

Hi @Ben Allingham if i go forward with the cache unticked is the only difference going to be the loading times for my save it wont affect anything else or does it have to be ticked ? Is it confirmed what is actually causing this to happen ? thanks

Yes, you are correct in saying that the only difference will be the page loading times. Having it unticked will make your game load new pages slower. We have not yet confirmed the reason for the save game failures. When we do find the reason I'll be sure to update this thread with the plans going forward.

3 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

Yes, you are correct in saying that the only difference will be the page loading times. Having it unticked will make your game load new pages slower. We have not yet confirmed the reason for the save game failures. When we do find the reason I'll be sure to update this thread with the plans going forward.

Ok thanks @Ben Allingham i shall see how it goes with my save. I am Warrington Town doing Dafuge's challenge from the forum and just achieved promotion to L2 it would break me if i couldn't carry on this save as I've never managed this lower before and it's one of my best saves I've ever had.  At the minute i am using a copy of the original save file, hopefully it gets sorted. I appreciate your replies i just wish google where a lot more proactive from reading through the thread.

Posted (edited)

I uploaded a save file and PM:d @Ben Allingham.

Is anyone else also having trouble with players history disappearing? If I go to the history tab of my players the seasons they've spent with me dont't show, except for the current season.

Edited by Andresin