Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Contacted stadia who said to contact here can't get it to save dont want to lose where I am 

15778900244861451075994637892340.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Less than 10 and I can't even load them now either 

 

Edited by Darkrapid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Darkrapid thanks for the swift response. 

This is very strange and not something I've seen before. Do you remember the exact date this started happening and if the saves loaded on the previous updates (either 20.1.4 or 20.2.1)?

I'm really keen to get this solved.

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 20 minutes before the first post its been fine until before and I've had stadia since end of November around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ben Allingham just seems to be the save files relating to my Salford save the one I setup for the start of 2019 seasons with leagues etc set up works fine and saves. Sadly looks like I've lost 3 seasons worth 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2020 at 15:55, Darkrapid said:

Can't load an old one either now 😔

I can't load my old save game either, since 4 days or so. Hope this gets fixed, because I finally found a work around for properly saving earlier..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Darkrapid said:

@Ben Allingham it's doing it on another save now game is pretty much unplayable if I can't save, any information or anything I can do? 

 

5 hours ago, Jonkar_ said:

I can't load my old save game either, since 4 days or so. Hope this gets fixed, because I finally found a work around for properly saving earlier..

Hi both,

Really sorry to hear this is happening frequently. Rest assured that finding the cause of this issue is my top priority. Unfortunately, due to the Stadia platform not providing any access to save files or logs, this could be harder to track down than if we were on steam for example. 

For now, can you both let me know the exact game setup you're running (just a screenshot of the advanced setup page will do).

I'll make sure to keep everyone updated.

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was working fine till Wednesday 😔 does stadia have a save file size limit or something? If so will never be able to go more than a few seasons 

15780554459356767704181319941211.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna start a game on minimal leagues see if I still get the same thing happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Darkrapid said:

Was working fine till Wednesday 😔 does stadia have a save file size limit or something? If so will never be able to go more than a few seasons 

15780554459356767704181319941211.jpg


Looks like you have custom DB there. Mind showing me the custom options you've used too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ben Allingham said:


Looks like you have custom DB there. Mind showing me the custom options you've used too?

Was just all continents all options selected so max amount of players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darkrapid said:

Was just all continents all options selected so max amount of players 

nice, thanks! And did this database set up work previously or is this the first time you've tried it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

nice, thanks! And did this database set up work previously or is this the first time you've tried it?

9 minutes ago, Darkrapid said:

 

Been using it since I got the game worked fine till Wednesday just hit 7th Jan 2022 in game when it started 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Darkrapid this is all seriously useful info. I've got theories on what's causing the issue, just need to test them now. 

Thanks for the many quick responses!

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

@Darkrapid this is all seriously useful info. I've got theories on what's causing the issue, just need to test them now. 

Thanks for the many quick responses!

Ben

Thanks I'm just hoping there's a way to keep my save got Salford into premier league almost 😂 can't get them to build a new stadium though so only upgrading capacity to 8000 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The same applies to me in regards to settings Ben, I have all nations and leaugues applied and use a large database.

So probably a storage issue. If you want, I can PM you my Stadia username and give you guys permissions to access my save files with Google.

 

My save is sitting at december 2nd 2020 btw.

Edited by Jonkar_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for the info @Jonkar_. Yes, I suspect a storage issue too. Unfortunately storage is something that we can control.

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Cheers for the info @Jonkar_. Yes, I suspect a storage issue too. Unfortunately storage is something that we can control.

Cheers,

Ben

Do you mean can or can't there? Does that mean we'd have to take the issue up with Google then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2020 at 08:52, Darkrapid said:

Do you mean can or can't there? Does that mean we'd have to take the issue up with Google then? 

Oops I meant can't haha. It would have to be an issue that we take up with Google to see if we can find a solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2020 at 09:10, Ben Allingham said:

Oops I meant can't haha. It would have to be an issue that we take up with Google to see if we can find a solution.

@Ben AllinghamWill we get updates on this? On second season with blyth with a lot less leagues and players to see if it still does it 

Edited by Darkrapid
Tagged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play fm20 on google stadia and I am now getting the message ‘save game could not be loaded’ on the main save and the 3 backup files. Any help would be appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an update on this at all? I have just experienced the same issue with the custom database loaded. A lot of hours have been put into a save that I now can’t load! @Ben Allingham

Edited by Dannylufc29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2020 at 16:01, Dannylufc29 said:

Is there an update on this at all? I have just experienced the same issue with the custom database loaded. A lot of hours have been put into a save that I now can’t load! @Ben Allingham

Hi Danny,

The most I can say is that we're still talking to Google about a method of solving save issues. As mentioned in another thread, ideally we'd be able to access your save through file sharing to diagnose the problem. But that isn't possible on Stadia which creates obstacles.

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ben AllinghamAllingham about 7 seasons into a new game with minimal Leagues loaded but haven't hit the same issue which makes me think it's just about the size of the save as with more leagues the file sizes used to get into the gb's fairly quickly. but with so few leagues loaded the player database has just shrank and a lot of teams just don't have any players or staff at all so it's lost all its fun. 

It's a little disappointing as we've paid 120 for stadia and 50 for the game just to play this because we didn't need a powerful pc but as it stands it's 170 for a game that we can't even play a long term save as it's just gonna stop working eventually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Ben Allingham, I’ve recently got this issue with my Hartlepool save on Stadia. I’m about 5 seasons in and has only just started the save issue. It hasn’t happened before, accept the issue of not saving after quitting the game. So I’ve created multiple versions of the save file to ensure progress is captured. Is there any update on this issue? Or is there a limit between FM and Stadia for the file size? 
 

Thanks,

Kyle

F0B5B5C1-9A0C-49BC-B493-E51B13AE3810.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replying to my own message here. I've managed to save the game using a different save file name to the previous one that I loaded. This seems to work one time as I've tried to save the renamed file and the error message then appears on the newly named file. Not sure if this is a different issue to the above, but a soution (of sorts) if anyone has this issue. 

 

So, rename your saves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kyle S said:

Or is there a limit between FM and Stadia for the file size?

Hi Kyle, 

Unfortunately yes there is a storage limit on Stadia that we don't control. 

Can you let me know if you encountered this issue when playing on the 20.3 update. To see what version you are on open the FM Menu and go down to "About Football Manager".

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning, I am Marco and I have a problem with FM2020 on Google Stadia. 
I always save my game on three different savings. Unfortunately I cannot load two of them because the error message “impossible to load the game” occurs.

Instead, when I load the only saving that works, then I cannot save. Again an error message occurs: “impossible to save the game”.
I have already contacted Google Stadia’s support and they told me to ask to the developer of the game. 
Is it possible to fix the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Marco93 said:

Good morning, I am Marco and I have a problem with FM2020 on Google Stadia. 
I always save my game on three different savings. Unfortunately I cannot load two of them because the error message “impossible to load the game” occurs.

Instead, when I load the only saving that works, then I cannot save. Again an error message occurs: “impossible to save the game”.
I have already contacted Google Stadia’s support and they told me to ask to the developer of the game. 
Is it possible to fix the problem?

 

On 29/02/2020 at 21:34, Kyle S said:

Replying to my own message here. I've managed to save the game using a different save file name to the previous one that I loaded. This seems to work one time as I've tried to save the renamed file and the error message then appears on the newly named file. Not sure if this is a different issue to the above, but a soution (of sorts) if anyone has this issue. 

 

So, rename your saves!

Hi Marco and Kyle,

Would it be possible for you to supply your Stadia gamertags to me (feel free to private message me if you don't feel comfortable posting it in public)?

After speaking with Google about this issue they have started a system which should potentially give us access to your save games so we can debug them. To start this process we need to send Google your gamertags so they can send you a request for your permission.

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben Allingham said:

 

Hi Marco and Kyle,

Would it be possible for you to supply your Stadia gamertags to me (feel free to private message me if you don't feel comfortable posting it in public)?

After speaking with Google about this issue they have started a system which should potentially give us access to your save games so we can debug them. To start this process we need to send Google your gamertags so they can send you a request for your permission.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben, thank you for answering me. My Stadia gamertag is Dambro93#6316. 

I use a large database with almost all nations too. I removed recently 2  or 3 nations and then the problem occurs, I don't know if there is any link because for some days the game works well. Before this issue I was non able to overwrite the savings, any error message appeared, but when I loaded the game I had to play a match that I had already played. I solved this problem saving with a different file name. I don't know exactly when this problem occurred, maybe 1 month ago, but I'm not sure, however not at the beginning of the game. I play with Fm2020 on Stadia since the day1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marco93 said:

Hi Ben, thank you for answering me. My Stadia gamertag is Dambro93#6316. 

I use a large database with almost all nations too. I removed recently 2  or 3 nations and then the problem occurs, I don't know if there is any link because for some days the game works well. Before this issue I was non able to overwrite the savings, any error message appeared, but when I loaded the game I had to play a match that I had already played. I solved this problem saving with a different file name. I don't know exactly when this problem occurred, maybe 1 month ago, but I'm not sure, however not at the beginning of the game. I play with Fm2020 on Stadia since the day1.

How many seasons did you get in ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Darkrapid said:

How many seasons did you get in ? 

I played until 30 January 2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marco93 said:

I played until 30 January 2022.

Yea about the same :-/ so much for it being the best way to play the game like they said. Has to be a way to sort it even the switch goes more than 3 seasons 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Darkrapid,

If you're still experiencing the issue with save games failing please can you provide me with your gamertag so I can pass it on to Google and hopefully get to the bottom of this problem?

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ben Allingham said:

@Darkrapid,

If you're still experiencing the issue with save games failing please can you provide me with your gamertag so I can pass it on to Google and hopefully get to the bottom of this problem?

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben, do you receive the permission from google to access to my save games? If not, I can contact again google trying to facilitate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Marco93 said:

Hi Ben, do you receive the permission from google to access to my save games? If not, I can contact again google trying to facilitate it.

Hi Marco,

I haven't sent it over yet, I was waiting for others to reply.

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben Allingham said:

@Darkrapid,

If you're still experiencing the issue with save games failing please can you provide me with your gamertag so I can pass it on to Google and hopefully get to the bottom of this problem?

Cheers,

Ben

@Ben AllinghamAllingham

Deleted all the saves so I could try do one with hardly any leagues loaded see how far I could get, it worked but the save got boring as was running out of players and staff to find half the teams had one or two players only, haven't really tried since it's put me off wasting the time if it's just gonna happen again hoping for a fix before I put any time into it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we not just get Google to remove the save file limit ? Or is there a way to add compression to the saves or something ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ben AllinghamAllingham

Do we have any information on this yet? It's done it again on me tried to go in holiday for a season to see if FC United get promoted to conference north come back to it today from last night and it won't load. Just says could not be loaded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I have the same problem, same setup (all nations and leagues applied and use a large database). Google Stadia support told me to ask to Sports Interactive. Can you help me, please?

 

 

 

InkedFootball Manager 2020_LI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question, does the problem only occur with the latest game update? If I play with the original game database, will the problem not recur even if I choose the same configuration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lou said:

I have a question, does the problem only occur with the latest game update? If I play with the original game database, will the problem not recur even if I choose the same configuration?

Well I think it got worse after that one, I've noticed this happening more often during the last week or so. Anyways I had the original database and long running game from the release days, that I'm getting frustrated with now, as I can't get through the summer and make a save...

 

Thought about just for the sake of it trying to fire up a new one, but would hate to again eventually end up in that mess.

 

I've now cleared the save games from old ones, hoping if that would make any difference, but at least yet no help from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Created a new game and the first save didn't go through. Tried again couple of times, same thing. Not sure if I want to go down the road of testing all possible different options on new laptop, already suffered through same thing on three computers already, or perhaps my data usage settings. This is just a basic functionality that has become broken. I don't think me as a paying customer should go through that, when the issue has been reported a long time ago.

Reached out to Ben via personal message too, tweeted to Miles and Stadia and also a feedback through the Stadia app.

Would just like to relax and play a bit of FM, when I get a bit of time off at home from remote work and looking after the kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have recently, for the 3rd time, lost nearly all of my save files due to file corruption.  This is a game breaking issue I have flagged with all of Google, SI, and Sega, and have yet to receive any fix.  Save files that were previously working suddenly have become corrupted.  New save files cannot be created.  Existing "working" save files revert back to prior in game progress for some reason.

This has been a game breaking issue since launch.  Either fix it, or allow users to download their own save files to use on the local version on Steam instead.
 

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 18.31.18.png

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 18.32.28.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/03/2020 at 00:22, Lou said:

Hi, I have the same problem, same setup (all nations and leagues applied and use a large database). Google Stadia support told me to ask to Sports Interactive. Can you help me, please?

 

 

 

InkedFootball Manager 2020_LI.jpg

 

On 21/03/2020 at 13:38, AleKos86 said:

Created a new game and the first save didn't go through. Tried again couple of times, same thing. Not sure if I want to go down the road of testing all possible different options on new laptop, already suffered through same thing on three computers already, or perhaps my data usage settings. This is just a basic functionality that has become broken. I don't think me as a paying customer should go through that, when the issue has been reported a long time ago.

Reached out to Ben via personal message too, tweeted to Miles and Stadia and also a feedback through the Stadia app.

Would just like to relax and play a bit of FM, when I get a bit of time off at home from remote work and looking after the kids.

Hi both,

As I've stated in previous messages this is an issue we're taking very seriously. I was ensured by the Stadia team over at Google that by providing your gamertags we would be able to potentially gain access to your save files and debug the problem. However, although I have forwarded on the gamertags of those who have provided me them, it seems Google have not pulled through with their side of things. I will chase this issue up with them again.

Cheers,

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...