Sports Interactive Community
Weston

Throw In Tactics Broken Again

My players do not follow the throw in tactics, just like in FM19. There should be four players in the box, one right outside, one by the thrower, and three ready to stay behind, but that is not what I get.

image.thumb.png.a8f9f0d99349db106d7f62853642e0e6.pngimage.thumb.png.e87a45d35d98fc98a9b83a4edf94e09f.png

Any word on this? Incredibly frustrating to be down a goal and your target man is running to the side of the pitch to receive the throw instead of waiting in the box for a cross as the tactics dictate...

3 hours ago, Weston said:

Any word on this? Incredibly frustrating to be down a goal and your target man is running to the side of the pitch to receive the throw instead of waiting in the box for a cross as the tactics dictate...

set throws to long and those instructions will work. In short and mixed throw-ins uses teams formation. Dont know is this working as intented :D

5 hours ago, Pasonen said:

set throws to long and those instructions will work. In short and mixed throw-ins uses teams formation. Dont know is this working as intented :D

Nope, still not working. Notice how my two center backs are instructed to attack the posts but are just aimlessly standing in the middle of the opposition half. Most concerningly, it's only putting one player back when I've asked for two, leaving me very vulnerable to counter-attack, and there's nothing I can do about it! I don't understand how this big of a bug has popped up again, if it was ever fixed at all...

image.thumb.png.c87bf6352471810167ae67d47867eea4.png

image.png

Very nearly conceded again because my players won't stay back during throw-ins and there seems to be no way around this, making the game dangerously near unplayable...

Try reseting your throw-ins to get at least 2 man down. :/ hope they get this fixed.

Still not working. Today my target man came to the line to receive the throw and another player kicked at him in such a way it rebounded off his face (?) and down our side of the pitch leading to a counter-attack breakaway my keeper barely saved one-on-one. Ridiculous.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Weston said:

Still not working. Today my target man came to the line to receive the throw and another player kicked at him in such a way it rebounded off his face (?) and down our side of the pitch leading to a counter-attack breakaway my keeper barely saved one-on-one. Ridiculous.

Post .pkm with time  when these happen. They can try their fixes in those sent files. Luckily I havent been seeing this in my formation.

Edited by Pasonen

4 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Post .pkm with time  when these happen. They can try their fixes in those sent files. Luckily I havent been seeing in this in my formation.

Here it is:

Piacenza v Bari.pkm

Asking your goalkeeper to go up during deep free kicks does not work either.

This has been a problem in Football Manager for many years now, one problem they consistently ignore.

I have this issue too, my DMC and other defensive players leave their positions causes a huge gap between DCs and STs (no midfields between them, even I have instructed them to stay back/ if need). I notice FK (wide area) and corner also cause this issue

18 hours ago, Weston said:

@Jemal Wiseman Any help?

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. 

We are currently looking at set piece instructions but we will be focusing on corners before we get onto throw-ins.

We have a bug logged for this so we will be working on a fix soon. 

Cheers

Jemal 

19 minutes ago, Jemal Wiseman said:

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. 

We are currently looking at set piece instructions but we will be focusing on corners before we get onto throw-ins.

We have a bug logged for this so we will be working on a fix soon. 

Cheers

Jemal 

Thanks for letting me know. I've uploaded several saves called "BRINGING BARI BACK" that show this issue.

What are the existing issues with corners, so we're aware?

On 08/01/2020 at 10:30, Jemal Wiseman said:

@Weston

Just for the players following the instruction given to them. 

The same with wide free kicks also.

Jemal 

Any word on when you'll get to throw-ins? This is still broken.

Also, in general, the set-piece tactics screens are still incredibly buggy. Players are missing, roles are changed, you can't drag certain players certain places for no discernible reason. We've been struggling with this for a few editions of the game now...

Literally no matter what I do my target man striker checks to the thrower to receive the ball, and this has been happening since FM19. I don't know why or how. Is this fixable at all? How many goals do I miss out on because everyone is standing in the least optimal place? Shouldn't this be a bigger deal?

Deleted because posted into the wrong topic