I appreciate Arsenal aren't quite a power-house anymore, however I'm having major issues I assume tactically. The problem I'm having is consistent against all opposition I go against, regardless of any tweaks I give, or how low or high my defensive line is.

An opposition player will literally run through my entire defense, who do not seem to even acknowledge that we don't have the ball, and score. Alternatively a midfield player or wide player from deep will launch a long ball for their striker to run onto with no difficulty, to score a one on one. That second problem I'll admit I have also benefited from on occasion. What can I do to stop this? The example I'm giving here is my lastest game (and my last straw) against Man City where all three goals were Aguero running clear with a 1v1 against my keeper, but I get this at least 2 or 3 times every game. I've been sacked as a result. *Help* basically.

This is my current tactic. I'm not great at tactics so any advice is welcome.

Tactics.thumb.jpg.85f18c57ec30f9ec64a071b35e714e5b.jpg

This is where Aguero picks the ball up, after a corner, I have three players at the centre circle in defense. They literally just run past him, not even trying to close him down, then are just chasing him and he scores an easy 1v1. How do I combat this?

.1664642065_GoalStart.thumb.jpg.799b1b8fb41cfe88665e8067196d9850.jpg

20191231203450_1.thumb.jpg.018954283779250479a90934bb686dbf.jpg

20191231203454_1.thumb.jpg.469bfa9b7a8721bb1513a311bbc68174.jpg

20191231203501_1.thumb.jpg.9f051863b953a6b92ec3eec272f027c8.jpg

Well one thing i'd change immediately is the DM role. BWM role generally will have that player aggressively closing people down and as a result leaving your backline exposed. This tactic has a decent amount of players going forward when in possession and whenever you lose the ball you could have a lot of players out of position making yourself prone to counter like how Kun attacked you in those screenshots. If you want a BWM in there thats fine but i'd probably change the MEZ to a BWM and have the DM as a traditional defensive mid who holds position. 

I think the issue at the heart of your tactic, is your soft middle.

Playing a central midfielder on attack with the mezzala, and then having a BMW behind those two, and given that all 3 of those players arent the strongest or the most physical, this is an issue.

You need one genuine sitting player, no frills, just to protect the back 4 and be there to intercept passes and snuff out danger. Id use Torreira as a simple defensive midfielder set to defend. get the ball give simple passes to those around him, dont run ahead of the ball.

Id also say Tierney need not have an attack duty with his PPMs. move him down to defend. youll still get plenty of support from him and width even though he wouldnt be on attack.

One other thing id do is be less direct with the passing. keep hold of the ball, shorter passing, that way youre less likely to have those transitions in possession where you are left exposed.

On 31/12/2019 at 21:47, Triggernaught said:

Tactics.thumb.jpg.85f18c57ec30f9ec64a071b35e714e5b.jpg

On 31/12/2019 at 21:47, Triggernaught said:

The problem I'm having is consistent against all opposition I go against, regardless of any tweaks I give, or how low or high my defensive line is.

An opposition player will literally run through my entire defense, who do not seem to even acknowledge that we don't have the ball, and score

The problem here is your midfield - you don't have a single holding midfielder. While BWM on defend duty is a holding role nominally, in reality it's not really the case, due to the role's inherent tendency to defend in a very aggressive manner. But even if your DM was played in a real holding role, there would still be the problem because of the 2 CM roles in front of him - mezzala (essentially an attack-minded role regardless of duty) and CM on attack duty. Plus, the left flank (side) of your tactic is defensively vulnerable, as you have not only the fullback as WB on attack duty, but also the CM on that side is on attack duty. Therefore, nobody provides defensive cover on that flank. Even your right flank is not ideally protected, but a bit less so than the left one.

I'm not sure what your plan is.  Your throwing pretty much everyone forward, which is an issue arsenal have had for years in RL leaving defenders (who aren't great) exposed. 

DL, DR, MCL, MCR, AMR and ST all have Get Forward instruction.  Both wide forwards come inside but both CM also trying to get forward, they're all going to be making runs into that AMC area. 

Whilst you have wing backs on both wings to give width you only have the centre backs and a BWM holding.  The BWM is risky as hes expected to win the ball back quickly which means he will often leave his position.  Yet you tell your team to Regroup?

Personally I think Aub' is wasted if not on attack duty. I'd want him making runs more often and finishing moves rather than playing deeper and collecting the ball.