Sports Interactive Community

Hello, since the last update that my tactic does not work, the team played well and as you can see in the screenshots, I won the league twice, now I have a huge difficulty, I create opportunities but my strikers do not finish, my striker who I scored goals for joking, now I can't score them, my defenses are dumb because every time the ball goes there, the opponent scores, for the team I have should not have the disadvantage in the league that I have, but the balls don't Come on in, I'm getting frustrated with a game I love, I know it doesn't have to be easy, but it wouldn't be so hard on the team I have.

Thanks for the help!

Futebol Clube do Porto_ Overview.png

Futebol Clube do Porto_ Overview-2.png

Futebol Clube do Porto_ Overview-3.png

Futebol Clube do Porto_ Overview-4.png

Futebol Clube do Porto_ Stats.png

Liga NOS_ Profile.png

You ever get any help bud? First thing I noticed was the 3 playmakers in the middle, probably not the best option to have. I'd probably change the DM to a support duty and play around with the two central roles. Like Mezzalas / B2B / CM with some basic attacking PIs.

You're also set to play extremely wide, but your main width is your WBs so might want to play a little narrower.

3 hours ago, Danwolf said:

You ever get any help bud? First thing I noticed was the 3 playmakers in the middle, probably not the best option to have. I'd probably change the DM to a support duty and play around with the two central roles. Like Mezzalas / B2B / CM with some basic attacking PIs.

You're also set to play extremely wide, but your main width is your WBs so might want to play a little narrower.

So, should I narrow it and make them overlap?

Some tips for the striker too? I have allot of oportunities but he and the wingers doesn´t finish them...

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, rf_gaming said:

So, should I narrow it and make them overlap?

Some tips for the striker too? I have allot of oportunities but he and the wingers doesn´t finish them...

The not finshing, is an issue a lot of people are having on FM. I'm not sure of your AF's PIs but I like mine to Take More Risks and Dribble More. That could help and yeap I'd certainly narrow it done a bit.

Overlapping I wouldn't worry about too much.

Edited by Danwolf

I wouldn't use "Pass into Space" with a "Much Higher line of Engagement", what space are your players passing into if your forward players are pushed up so high. Slightly shorter passing is contradictory to pass into space as well.

The system I use pass into space in are counter attacking systems if I'm blessed with fast forward players and midfielders with the vision and passing to play those balls. 

Your midfield 3 shouldn't be 3 play makers, change you deep lying play maker(defend) into a Defensive midfielder(support) and your other two centre mids leave on as a play maker and change the other to something else, BBM ? MEZ ? even a Ball Winning Midfielder on support, it all depends on your players.

Also your flanks are one dimensional and easy to defend against, mix it up a little by changing on of the flanks to a winger if you have a player with the stats for it, and the other flank keep an inside forward but with attack duty so he gets closer to the centre forward. 

There isn't normally any need to have two ball playing defenders, change one of them to a standard centre back.

Your defensive instructions are very aggressive and high risk, there is no need to play so high up, with such high pressing, with "tight marking", "get stuck in" while playing "offside trap" enabled. Remove some of these for more balance. 

I'd suggest waiting for @Experienced Defender to post, his advice rescued me from poor form in a save on Fm19, his suggestions often lead to a balanced tactic.

10 minutes ago, thehig2 said:

I'd suggest waiting for @Experienced Defender to post, his advice rescued me from poor form in a save on Fm19, his suggestions often lead to a balanced tactic

It seems that I have somehow missed this thread. But now I'm here, so let's see what can be done to help the OP. 

On 31/12/2019 at 18:45, rf_gaming said:

Futebol Clube do Porto_ Overview.png

Huh man, this tactic needs a complete overhaul. It's full of overkill, both in terms of instructions and roles. 

Good tactics are pretty simple - a sensible setup of roles and duties and just a few basic instructions to more closely define the style of play you want to implement.

Given that your team seems to be Porto, which is a top team in Portugal, I guess a progressive possession style would be optimal for you.

So this is what a possible setup of roles and duties could look like:

F9

IFat                            IWsu

MEZsu   DLPsu

DMde

FBsu    BPDde  CDde  FBat

SKsu

Mentality - Positive

In possession - shorter passing, play out of defense, be more expressive (and work ball into box, but not always)

In transition - start with no instructions

Out of possession - higher DL, higher or standard LOE, offside trap

Player instructions:

striker, AMR, AML and mezzala - close down more (split block)

That would be a starting tactic. Small tweaks would likely need to be made occasionally, depending on the situation/opposition. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :thup: