Sports Interactive Community
croapu

Can not load old save games.

I played last time on 30.12.2019 and saved the game as usually. Then i wanted to play today again and then i had the error "The save game could not be loaded". So then i just tried the other save games (3 Save games (automatically) + "last save overwrite backup")) and i had the same problem with all my save games :(  . Is there anything i could do to rescue my Season 2023/2024 save game? 

What happened the last time you saved? Did it completely properly? Was the game closed when you shut down your system or went into hibernation?

Would also be worth reading and following the instructions here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/239_technical-support/244_pc/my-save-game-no-longer-loads-r885/

18 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

What happened the last time you saved? Did it completely properly? Was the game closed when you shut down your system or went into hibernation?

Would also be worth reading and following the instructions here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/239_technical-support/244_pc/my-save-game-no-longer-loads-r885/

Nothing special happend. Everything was proper. Yes, i first closed the game and made an "normal" save game. I read those instructions and tried to revocer my overwritten files, but they are causing the same issues and can´t be loaded.... 

I still have those issues. Is there nothing you could do for me ?

17 hours ago, croapu said:

CroApu save overwrite backup.fm and 3 files called CroAPu Red Bull Barcelona (with different versions) 

Unfortunately we could not load those save games that you've provided to us.

Have you ever change the location of the Sports Interactive folder?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Unfortunately we could not load those save games that you've provided to us.

Have you ever change the location of the Sports Interactive folder?

Nope. I haven´t changed the location. I tried to restore "overwritten" save files with the software "recuva" and i wasn´t able to find one that was working as well :/ 

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do to recover the corrupted saves.

As a test can you try start a new save and see if you can save and load it now, please?

6 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do to recover the corrupted saves.

As a test can you try start a new save and see if you can save and load it now, please?

I tried and yes i can save and load a new one.

Posted (edited)

(Edit)

It's one of the mods in the editors hideaway or steam

Someone has reused an FM19 file that's got changes from last season. I just noticed Fernando Torres playing in Japan despite being retired in FM20.

Don't know which file, but my game is fine with all editor mods removed.

Edited by WynnZeroOne

On 04/01/2020 at 18:53, WynnZeroOne said:

(Edit)

It's one of the mods in the editors hideaway or steam

Someone has reused an FM19 file that's got changes from last season. I just noticed Fernando Torres playing in Japan despite being retired in FM20.

Don't know which file, but my game is fine with all editor mods removed.

Glad the game is fixed. 

Unfortunately as the mods are all third party we don't test their stability in house, so cannot give any guarantees as to whether they will work or not/.

On 06/01/2020 at 10:32, Kyle Brown said:

Glad the game is fixed. 

Unfortunately as the mods are all third party we don't test their stability in house, so cannot give any guarantees as to whether they will work or not/.

Yes. Clearly there are some league updates that contain changes other than new competition rules, some of which were merged from 2019 by accident, some of which are clearly game affecting and people should check files in the editor before loading.

My own mods are fine, I haven't tried to smuggle changes in under the radar :D

Hi Jimmy Wong I'm having the exact same problem as mentioned above in this thread but I have changed the location of my Sports Interactive folder. Also my saves are far more recent today actually.Is there a way to fix this problem?

Hi there, I have two previous save files, neither of which can be loaded in FM2019 on Mac via Steam. I was able to create a new game, save that and load that successfully. I have uploaded the save files using the link supplied previously. The file names are: "Dulwich Hamlet Champs League.fm" and "Dulwich last save overwrite backup.fm". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If new saves are working fine then it unfortunately means that the Dulwich ones are corrupted. Unless you have previous backups you can load back into the save is lost I’m afraid, I’m really sorry.