Tactical tweak.

Hi guys, I’m 2nd in League 1 with Sunderland but I feel like I could make a few tweaks to make this tactic better. Any tips you can think of which may improve my results even further. The team doesn’t create many clear cut chances, but are prolific when they get a chance. 

image.jpg

You could increase the Pressing Intensity and move the defensive line forwards. If you want to go even more attacking you could move the LOE forwards more too.

You could also make the full-backs more attacking, by changing them to WB's and/or telling them to overlap/underlap.

Both of these will mean you are less solid defensively though, but they will probably result in more clear cut chances.

Depends what your problem is, how do you typically concede?

Just from what you said about chances, how does your possession typically end if not creating a chance?  I'm guessing the winger gets it and does his winger thing?

Just from looking at the tactic, I think Pass Into Space and Dribble More should be conditionally used.  The IF-Su and AP-At already have Risky Passes + Dribble More.  W-At will dribble more often and risky passes sometimes, WBIB won't remove his Cross More Often.  BBM-Su and PF-At will try risky passes and dribbles sometimes.  In theory this should make the team a bit more efficeint with the ball as they're sticking more to the job they're given rather than all being ball carriers / playmakers.

With a fast attacking style I think you could use a FB getting forward earlier, the natural would be the LB to overlap the IF-Su, hopefully the player is effective at being a WB/FB-At.

The reason I’m against putting my defence line higher up is I’d say 80% of opposition chances were coming from over the top balls. I’m debating, do you think it’d be a good idea to put my Left full back on either (a) or as a wing back. If I was to put it on wing back do you recommend attack or support duty. Usually when I put wing back in a back 4 my defence seems to start leaking a lot more. Cheers