Apology from Totalfootballfan

Hey guys,

I want to apologise, for using multiple accounts to post-boost my threads, upvote my posts and promote my tactics. In doing so I mislead those reading the threads about the effectiveness of my tactics and for that I'm very sorry. I understand that such behavior isn't acceptable and I assure it won't occur in the future. 

My behaviour was childish and stupid and I am ashamed of my actions on these forums. So please once more take my sincere apologies.

TFF.

• Administrators

Just to clarify for other users, this is something we raised with TFF following on from some issues raised to us over on FM-Base. We have made it clear that having additional accounts on these forums for any reasons is against forum rules. We're satisfied that having spoken to the user in more detail that they are remorseful for their actions and their apology is genuine. There was no malicious intent from creating these accounts, they did so to make certain tactics and posts appear more prominently. We're hopeful that we can draw a line under this whole thing and that TFF can get back to providing content, tactics and discussion for the entire community.

If anyone wants to discuss any aspect of this further, please feel free to drop me a PM. Thanks. 

• Administrators
Just now, Piaz88 said:

I ment he coconsistently talked bad about other tactics, at least on fm-base

On FM-Base he has rightly been punished for his actions by their team. On these forums we have taken what we feel is appropriate action given the evidence of what we've seen and what those handful of alias accounts did here. He's made it clear he's ashamed of his childish behaviour and we have made it extremely clear it's unacceptable.

However we do believe in rehabilitation at the right to a second chance. The whole community is aware of what he did and he's paying the price for that. Maybe users won't trust his tactics as much any more, but he has a long history of supporting other tactic creators and the FM community. He made a major mistake and one which he's now put his hands up for and owned up to.  

• Administrators

In fairness to Totalfootballfan I found his apology acceptable on behalf of the SI Community. I can see from this thread that others don't think it's quite to their taste. Please bear in mind English is not his first language and I'm sure he won't mind me saying that in private discussions between us he has stated he is ashamed of his behavior and has made promises nothing like this will happen again. 

Whilst to many of you it may appear that he's "gotten away" with a warning and apology, he is very aware that this was a major misstep and whilst we're giving him a second chance, there won't be a third or fourth. 

For clarification on this specific forum he created some alias accounts which posted in his own tactics threads, asking questions, upvoting posts or stating how good the tactics were. It was all related to his own threads. 

We found no evidence that he had done anything to show other user's tactics in a negative light from any of these accounts, nor is there any way you can 'downvote' other posts here. All these accounts have now been banned and any all related posts removed. 

As said above FM-Base is a different forum and different things have occurred there which they have dealt with in a way they saw fit. Whilst we appreciate there is still some anger about what happened there this isn't really the best place to discuss it. I asked him to post his apology in this forum as this is the area most of you involved in tactics are most likely to visit. As said above, if anyone has any questions or concerns they'd like to raise with me, feel free to do so via PM and I'll respond when I get a chance. Thanks. 

• Administrators

Just a last point on this - from a moderating perspective it was felt that the user subjecting themselves to the public humiliation and stain on their character from admitting what happened was felt a worse punishment than say a week or month ban from these forums. 

We hope we have your understanding in why we chose this being the best course of action.  

• Neil Brock featured and unpinned this topic