FM20.2 A 352 for Premier League to non-League, Favourite OR Underdog. (plus Training Schedules)

Hi,

I've been using this tactic with the Wolves since the new beta patch and I'm loving the way my team is playinig now. I applied the little tweaks you suggested earlier and they seem to do the trick. However the one problem I'm having is in home games I perform drastically worse than in away games. My defense in away games seems solid, and in attack my players seem to find more space and the goal very easy. Which makes sense, as the home team would attack slighty more at their own ground. However in my own home games I struggle to score and defend. I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm weaker at home. Do you maybe have any tips or even have the same issue?

14 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Got so bored of this Match Engine i've now switched to the BETA ME. 

It's much better seeing some great football and very few of those one on one's.

This tactic is going very well with a couple of tweaks. Gone back to 2 Pressing Forwards/attack and changed from focus 'play through middle' to 'focus play down flanks'.

Will probably also have to remove 'get stuck in' as its fairly punishing in the Beta with cards.

See lots of play into overlapping Wingbacks and some good goals from crosses.

Small sample size and against weaker op but its very promising.

More important than the results though is its actually brought some enjoyment back to FM for me. Was turning into a right chore before this Beta, At least now we've got good football

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 02.33.19.png

On 21/01/2020 at 05:35, Sinbad7104 said:

Small sample size and against weaker op but its very promising.

More important than the results though is its actually brought some enjoyment back to FM for me. Was turning into a right chore before this Beta, At least now we've got good football

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 02.33.19.png

With new tweaks or without?

R u using BETA ME?

On 20/01/2020 at 12:28, Mr U Rosler said:

Got so bored of this Match Engine i've now switched to the BETA ME. 

It's much better seeing some great football and very few of those one on one's.

This tactic is going very well with a couple of tweaks. Gone back to 2 Pressing Forwards/attack and changed from focus 'play through middle' to 'focus play down flanks'.

Will probably also have to remove 'get stuck in' as its fairly punishing in the Beta with cards.

See lots of play into overlapping Wingbacks and some good goals from crosses.

Hi Rosler, how do I update back to the BETA ME?

Thanks in advance.

20 hours ago, mjcr3529 said:

Hi Rosler, how do I update back to the BETA ME?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Off the top of my head, right click FM20 in steam, go to properties and select 'public beta', i think there is a tick box. 

On 23/01/2020 at 13:20, Mr U Rosler said:

Hi,

Off the top of my head, right click FM20 in steam, go to properties and select 'public beta', i think there is a tick box. 

Didn't know this! Been so disappointed with FM2020, will try a new save with this.

I've got an interesting flat 433 which works great on the Beta ME build.

Got my Stockport team promoted out of the Championship and stable in the Premier League (after starting out getting caned!).

Ran a holiday season with City to test, very comfortable league win for them.

More importantly, it plays great football on the beta ME.

I'll put it up here in a couple of hours when i'm back from work if anyone is interested.

1 hour ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I've got an interesting flat 433 which works great on the Beta ME build.

Got my Stockport team promoted out of the Championship and stable in the Premier League (after starting out getting caned!).

Ran a holiday season with City to test, very comfortable league win for them.

More importantly, it plays great football on the beta ME.

I'll put it up here in a couple of hours when i'm back from work if anyone is interested.

I would love to try this tactic out

BETA ONLY.

FLAT 433.

Easy Champions with City.

Promotion out of Championship with Stockport, then consolidating in Premier League after terrible start. Weak team, Left Back rated as good for League 2!

English-Premier-Division-Stages-3.png

Stockport-County-Fixtures.png

Stockport-County-Overview.pngforensic anthropology requirements

Left back take left corner, right back take right corner.

No OI's

433 beta final.fmf

31 minutes ago, PeeDub said:

Nonconventional setup for sure! Do you use opposite footed fullbacks?

No, keep left footers on the left, right footers on the right and they operate as narrow wingbacks without cutting inside too much. 

20 minutes ago, glenjamin said:

Hey Mr U Rosler,

Thinking of starting a new game in 20.3.2 using your 352. Got a little bored of TFF's tactics as good as they were. Are you still finding it works with the current ME? 

It works ok, but on main ME it's just a succession of one on one's and gets very grindy. 

I suggest you sign up for the Beta and try the 433 for some variety. 

18 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

BETA ONLY.

FLAT 433.

Easy Champions with City.

Promotion out of Championship with Stockport, then consolidating in Premier League after terrible start. Weak team, Left Back rated as good for League 2!

English-Premier-Division-Stages-3.png

Stockport-County-Fixtures.png

Stockport-County-Overview.pngforensic anthropology requirements

Left back take left corner, right back take right corner.

No OI's

433 beta final.fmf 45.91 kB · 27 downloads

For me this tweak which u said on your 352 tactic works like a charm... most important players two CWB definitely... All money invest in these guys

The 352 on the OM is working a storm for me.  Darlington back to back to back to back promotions, from Vanarama North to Championship.  Winning each league, including going unbeaten in League 2.  

Am now sat comfortably in the playoffs of the Championship in my first season, with the lowest wage budget, half the team worth less than 500k and a 5000 seat stadium.

Had a little luck along the way - picking up a Championship ready 19 year old striker for £30k from my feeder team made a real difference to L1 -  30 odd goals.  Selling a midfielder for £7 million odd has kept us nicely in the black too.  I'm definitely more a successful scout/technical director than manager.

It is a lot of one on ones though for the strikers. And don't skimp on your wingbacks - they make a real difference.

Only negative for me is how easy at times the opposition find it to beat the offside trap and run one man through the middle onto a long ball.  Given the results I've had it can't be happening too much though...

49 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Hi Rosler

Will the 433 & the original 352 work on the latest beta ?

The 433 is working on the beta. The original 352 needs tweaking, focus play down flanks instead of through the middle and change to pressing forwards/attack.

Nothing out of the ordinary required for players in the 433, your wide forwards need to be the pacey, dribbly type. The central forward a good passer and finisher.

Obviously the DLP a good passer with good vision, the mezzala's good all round midfielders. 

On 27/01/2020 at 18:12, Jibby123 said:

The 4-4-3 is working a treat for me in Beta, half a season in. I like wing-less formations, so am happy with this until I find my way around the ME. Have used your tactics as a starting board on previous versions @Mr U Rosler and always like! Big thanks for posting. 

Probably because you sneaked an extra player on!

I've also switched to the beta match engine.  Alas, the 3-5-2 has stopped working for me, *but* I think that is also because I am no longer an underdog.  Have Leeds established, won the FA cup, Euro Cup, and am now playing in the CL.  Basically make lots of chances, but nothing goes in - I really hate deflections from shots that look like defence splitting passes they way they find the opposition players for the counter...

The 4-3-3 so far for me is very variable... when I get beaten I really get thumped, especially from higher rep teams.  Does OK against teams I am expected to beat.  Alas my recruitment has been around the 3-5-2, so I am stuck with tactics that don't need wingers. :(

No wonder real life managers are all bald or grey haired. :D 

On 02/02/2020 at 11:08, rebmalin said:

I've also switched to the beta match engine.  Alas, the 3-5-2 has stopped working for me, *but* I think that is also because I am no longer an underdog.  Have Leeds established, won the FA cup, Euro Cup, and am now playing in the CL.  Basically make lots of chances, but nothing goes in - I really hate deflections from shots that look like defence splitting passes they way they find the opposition players for the counter...

The 4-3-3 so far for me is very variable... when I get beaten I really get thumped, especially from higher rep teams.  Does OK against teams I am expected to beat.  Alas my recruitment has been around the 3-5-2, so I am stuck with tactics that don't need wingers. :(

No wonder real life managers are all bald or grey haired. :D 

I enjoyed this tactic on previous version but have struggled on beta.  using a strong(ish) spurs team I found both this tactic saw me getting battered by the 'bigger' clubs at home, though was good away from home.  Tried the 4-3-3 fro home games with mixed results.  One thing I find is that any 3 at the back system (or narrow 4 at the back system) that utilises attacking wing backs places a very high premium on the attacking performance of the wing backs - they are the ones getting in the best positions to create goal scoring chances and are often the ones getting on the end of them.  Even with top quality wing backs these players do not really have the right attributes to execute in the attacking third.  Have switched to a 4-4-2 for the new season so that the more naturally attack minded players are the ones getting the chances!  Kudos to Rosler though, great tactic on the old match engine, I just couldn't stand playing the game on thst ME though, hence the switch to beta, which is proving to be a much more enjoyable playing experience thus far!

Hit a bit of a wall myself. Got Stockport to 7th in the Premier League with the 433, pretty good actually. Slipped to 9th the next season though and missed out on Europe.

Got a promising 41221 going, with Inside Forwards, looking really solid, i'll post it up later. (still on the BETA)  

23 小时前, Mr U Rosler说:

自己撞墙。斯托克波特433赛车在英超联赛中排名第7,实际上还不错。下个赛季下滑至第9位,却错过了欧洲。

有了一个有前途的41221,并且使用Inside Forwards,看起来非常扎实,我后来再发布。(仍在测试版上)  

Very looking forward

On 03/02/2020 at 14:46, Mr U Rosler said:

Hit a bit of a wall myself. Got Stockport to 7th in the Premier League with the 433, pretty good actually. Slipped to 9th the next season though and missed out on Europe.

Got a promising 41221 going, with Inside Forwards, looking really solid, i'll post it up later. (still on the BETA)  

Seeing as they have released the new patch now, would this need to be tested again or would the release be exactly the same as the Beta?

2 hours ago, adam_thomas said:

This is still working for me on the update

The formation is a sound base.

Plugging in with Leicester and holidaying for a season see's us 7th in the league, not terrible, but certainly room for improvement.

Working through all the variables now, once i can consistently get 70+ points with Leicester we'll be good to go.

Might take a while though. :thup:

Seems solid to me post-update as well. Conceding goals heavily, but most of (no, all!!) my defenders need their P45's given via returning to the Championship/League One sooner rather than later so would expect goals to be going in against me in the Premier League. 

Having said i'd be happy with 70 points with Leicester season 1, i've just bagged an 86 point season.

Think there is more in the tank, could have a monster on our hands.

English-Premier-Division-Stages.png

Edited by Mr U Rosler

10 hours ago, Drads said:

Good results, is that with the original or 4 at the back with IF tactic?

A tweaked version of the original.

I ran it with Man City expecting excellent results but only managed 89 points and barely won the league, not good enough really.

Its obviously a reputation thing with teams sitting in against City, a noticeable drop off in performance in the 2nd half of the season when reputations are re-assessed and teams become EVEN MORE DEFENSIVE!

Got some ideas on this, still tweaking, hoping to get something that's good for both mid-table and also elite teams.

On 07/02/2020 at 11:20, Mr U Rosler said:

A tweaked version of the original.

Would you mind post it please? I am starting a new save with Derby and looking for a solid tactic. I dont mind if its not finished, I will tweak it later when you post the finished one. I just need something goo to start with. Thanks

Hello.  A bit of background info.  I started with Badajoz in the 3rd Tier of Spanish football, successfully working my way up to the top division (not using your 3-5-2).  However, results took a downturn and half way through the season I was bottom of the league having won only 2 games. 

Then I discovered your tactic!

Baring in mind this is mid season, very low rep team with zero morale and little tactical familiarity, I managed to turn losses into draws and eventually draws into wins.  I ended up finishing that season in 7th somehow!!!

The end of the season coincided with the new ME.  Only 3 games in, but 3 wins and team looking good!  This is with the original 3-5-2 but with "playing through the middle" instruction on.  No OI's.

Thank you for this wonderful tactic.  It saved my season as I honestly thought I was going down!!!

Quick question, I'm also using your 3 training schedules.  The players are constantly bitching and moaning about training intensity and all sorts of other training related issues.  Do you have individual training set for the players?  I don't really understand why some are on half intensity (as recommended by physio) and others are on double. 

Thanks.

was late to the fm20 party this year as couldnt tear myself away from my fm19 save!! but i got it last week and decided rather than starting as spurs as i always do i would start with my home town club southend i downloaded the 3-5-2 and managed to get some good loans in rian brewster, billy gilmour and japet tanganga as well as some good free transfers longhi, molina decoke, ross wallace and others and the results have been fantastic was steady all season sitting around top 3 before an implosion by doncaster and a 5 game winning run got me the title by 6 points!! come up to the championship and have kept hold of gilmour, brewster and tanganga whilst picking up peyalo morrila (retraining him to a WBL, and a few more shrewd loans and players from  german and french second teams, we went 12 games unbeaten to start the season (11 wins 1 draw) before a 4-2 defeat at old trafford in the carabao cup was followed by a 1-0 defeat with 25 shots on target and two 0-0 draws which both had countless one on ones and missed chances will keep at it and let you know how we progress!

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta say this is the best 532/3322 on the go. Using with the MEBeta 20.2 4 with my 1st season in the prem with Ipswich. Used this on my last 5 games as my 442 narrow diamond was failing terribly. 

I don't expect anything from the Big 6 H/A so it's about picking up points from the rest. So far I've won 2 drew 1 lost 1. Beat Fulham and Spurs 1-0,drew with Swansea 0-0 and lost 1-0 to west ham. 

Have got 3 formations balanced, cautious and attacking so can switch easily if needed. Only 2 things I've found that's caused minor issues the 2 Metzs push to far forward so switched both to an APs and BtB with the RpM changed to a Regista. These are only changed due to I think the players I have available don't play the original positions. 

2nd issue the forwards, not working as 2 CF's so switched them to an AF and PFs now I hit the woodwork regular 🤣🤣

I've added the training so expecting to see improvements there soon. Have noticed in the league Cup have played 2 lower league teams and won 3-0,2-0. So could be against lessar teams it's dominant. 

I reckon once it's fluid I will start to hit the target, defo big thumbs up for a tactic that still works even with the new ME. 

This has still been working for me, which in a way is a shame because I love a good old 442!

Here is how I finished last season at Cambridge:

1761313909_FootballManager20205_03_20209_41_33AM.thumb.png.0276f49345f5c687636ae985a807b173.png

We're predicted to finish 10th in our first season in League One but we'll be aiming for the playoffs as a minimum.

My goal with this save is to start at my local team in Vanarama National League North with no experience and coaching badges and end up at Man Utd, it's been fun so far!

KUTGW Rosler!!

• 1 month later...

Hey Mr U Rosler - glad to see you are still actively playing! I've been bitten by the FM Bug again. Just wondering if you still think this tactic will work in the new ME update or would it be worth going with your latest 442 tactic?