Help in creating posession tactic

Started a career with City in fm19 jost for fun. At first i tried to replicate pep's system but that didn't really work so i tried to kinda change it.

First season went well with a decent amount of goals scored, but then i hit a rough patch of form. That continued to the end of the season regardless of my attemps to repair it.

The second season though, it all went downhill. I find that i am unable to score goals and my attackers consistently get bad ratings. Despide that, the defence is still ok. Here is the tactic in its current form, after many desperate changes. One thing to notice is that the striker rarely scored, even in the first season when i was doing quite ok. Any tips? 

20191229032326_1.jpg

20191229032302_1.jpg

20191229032318_1.jpg

20191229032346_1.jpg

Much higher tempo is probably making your players rush the play to much. Leave it as normal. Why play through the middle and play wingers and want overlapping full backs. Dribble less isnt needed. Your out of possession instructions are extremely aggressive but if it's working for you leave it.

23 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Besides many other weaknesses of your tactic, how is the much higher tempo supposed to be compatible with any possession-based style of football ???

why does it matter? Tempo is not about how fast they are moving up the pitch from defence to attack but how fast the ball is moving around. You can move the ball quickly with much higher tempo but still expect your players to keep the ball and move it around from left to right but quicker? Am I wrong? I thought tempo is about how fast they pass the ball for example quick short passes, one-twos etc. and not how fast they are moving from defence to attack. Guardiola said many times that he hates tiki taka because it is slow and boring passing and  he wants his team to pass the ball quickly etc. and yet his teams keep the ball most of the time? 

5 minutes ago, radenje said:

why does it matter? Tempo is not about how fast they are moving up the pitch from defence to attack but how fast the ball is moving around. You can move the ball quickly with much higher tempo but still expect your players to keep the ball and move it around from left to right but quicker? Am I wrong? I thought tempo is about how fast they pass the ball for example quick short passes, one-twos etc

Much higher tempo on a high-risk mentality (i.e. positive and above) means you move the ball both quickly and forward. Now, the truth is that it can be somewhat offset by instructions such as much shorter passing, PoD and WBiB, but still not enough to suit a possession-oriented style. But If he toned the tempo down just a notch (to just higher instead of much higher), that would make an important difference. 

15 minutes ago, radenje said:

Guardiola said many times that he hates tiki taka because it is slow and boring passing and  he wants his team to pass the ball quickly

I absolutely agree with (t)his statement on tiki-taka. But the interesting thing is that it's exactly the Pep whom most people associate with tiki-taka :idiot: