Does Touch have a future

With, to date, only 22k posts on the touch community forum, compared to the 105k for mobile and the 1.7 million for the full version.  There are also very few if any youtubers doing career reviews on it...is anyone playing this and is there  a future for the touch version of Football Manager

People who play Touch mostly do it cause they don't have enough time for full version. I reckon also they dont post a lot also. Also youtubers don't play with Touch cause there is no editor for it, and its harder without it to be as succesfull as many of them are.

P.S. I do not know how you got to those number of post but they are irrelevant to me.

There's a number of reasons:

1. Time. People just don't have the time to play the full fat PC version. So we just play as and when we can.
  2. Lack of PC. There are some people, like me, who do not own a PC so the next best thing to the full fat version is Touch.
  3. Too many clicks. The PC full fat version tends to be far too clicky for a lot of players and people just want to strip away a few layers of clicks to get to certain pages.

Out of all the versions, I used to play mobile version and full version the most. However, with the Switch version and the iPad version, I am spending more and more time with Touch. I’d love to have time to invest into the full version, but I just don’t right now. Touch has been great. I’ve got 3 saves on 2 iPads and a Switch right now. Everywhere I am, I can pick one up. But I still dive into the mobile version quite a bit too. The life of a parent with a toddler and newborn about to arrive... Hahaha!

17 hours ago, iamnobody said:

Touch is definitely a great option.  The full fat is too much sometimes.  I only wish the touch version could used edited league files.  If it had that I would probably only use Touch.

I agree.

The best suggestion is to request it, on FMT Wishlist thread or on Featured Request sub-forum. Since SI says that they listen to community, the more people ask for it, the likely we the editor enable for FMT sooner then later.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to enjoy previous versions of FMT. They dont seem to care about FMT 20 and especially the android version. Not just minor bugs. The game even in 2D mode is unplayable for most compatible devices . They released it without testing it for tablet devices. For Sports Interactive FMT is an easy, alternative way to earn more money. Next year, I won't take it. Thank you

Edited by Gerara

I only play Touch on iPad Pro, but I got a refund on FMT20 due to bugs especially the tough input bug. I’ve gone back to FMT19 and it feels more polished to this years game. If the bugs get fixed then I’ll purchase it again but until then I’m a happy camper playing the previous edition.

Prefer FMT. The full game is overwhelming. I wish they offered the full version with layers/options, so you could play with as much or little detail as you wished. And it would be nice to make FMT with edit options, such as stadium naming.

15 hours ago, scott92507 said:

Prefer FMT. The full game is overwhelming. I wish they offered the full version with layers/options, so you could play with as much or little detail as you wished. And it would be nice to make FMT with edit options, such as stadium naming.

That is what they are trying to do by delegating several stuff to your staff in FM, but some players don't really trust the AI to do it.

I prefer thousand times, FMT. The only that would make amazing was the inclusion of an editor in this mode.

I'm always on the edge of finally switching to Touch, due to all the unnecessary elements that are added each year to the full version (media, interactions, endless new items), but I'd like to have more skin options. I really don't like the default look of the Touch skin, especially regarding player profile/attributes page.

5 hours ago, kingjericho said:

I'm always on the edge of finally switching to Touch, due to all the unnecessary elements that are added each year to the full version (media, interactions, endless new items), but I'd like to have more skin options. I really don't like the default look of the Touch skin, especially regarding player profile/attributes page.

I use panels from full FM in FMT which means I have the player profiles looking like the full version, no more boxes for attributes, yuck!

13 hours ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

I use panels from full FM in FMT which means I have the player profiles looking like the full version, no more boxes for attributes, yuck!

That's interesting, would you mind posting a screenshot so I can see what it looks like?

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

That's interesting, would you mind posting a screenshot so I can see what it looks like?

It will literally look like the FM versions. 

If you're interested in skinning FMT you can do quite a few things like this :thup:

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

To be honest, FMT with FM looks would be my perfect fit.

I'm not going to ask for too many detail but basically I just use the panels from FM? No new to change any coding?

You would just need to have a skin/panels folder and use the FM 'version' of these, yes. 

Note that will only change the appearance / layout of certain panels, it won't change any navigation sections or the like.

Only SI Games can tell for sure but seeing that they keep releasing FMT and also for phones, etc. there must be sufficient people playing the game on these platforms.

I don't think you can really judge by the amount of posts. The types of people who play FMT have limited time and thus will post less.

Youtubers won't use FMT as they play longer careers, although there have been some doing challenges or showing off the FMT side.

A resounding yes from me. I don’t get a chance to get onto my tower at home, as my Mrs works from home in it. iPad version is great for sofa and commute and is deep enough, with some of the fat trimmed away for the ‘full game experience.’ 
I think there was must be plenty of buyers, or they would have pulled the plug as it isn’t financially viable.

On 07/02/2020 at 04:57, KennedyBakircioglu said:

@kingjericho Basically, if you download these default FMT skins 

Then add the full FM panels to skins/skin name/panels/player

Credit to @GavinG and @bluestillidie00 as I'm basically using their skins merged so to speak.

isit possible for you to share your skin folder? can't seems to make the skin show in FMT after downloading from @GavinG and @bluestilldie00 's file

@KennedyBakircioglu  Can you explain a little more how to do this - I've never played around with skins, but this looks like a real improvement.

I was able to download the dark and light base skin ok and these work as expected

Then understood that you'd taken panels from @bluestillidie00's TCS skin and added them in?

I tried this, so now I have \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 Touch\skins\fmc-dark\panels\player\player attributes panel, but I don't have the full fat FM look to the player attributes...?

Thanks in advance...  

8 hours ago, mmitch19 said:

@KennedyBakircioglu  Can you explain a little more how to do this - I've never played around with skins, but this looks like a real improvement.

I was able to download the dark and light base skin ok and these work as expected

Then understood that you'd taken panels from @bluestillidie00's TCS skin and added them in?

I tried this, so now I have \Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 Touch\skins\fmc-dark\panels\player\player attributes panel, but I don't have the full fat FM look to the player attributes...?

Thanks in advance...  

@mmitch19 I've made the skin available to download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jgwuh9tptvd5rri/fmc-light.zip/file

Just unzip it then add the file 'fmc light' to Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020 Touch/Skins

Make sure you have clear cache unticked and reload the skin ticked.

4 hours ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

@mmitch19 I've made the skin available to download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jgwuh9tptvd5rri/fmc-light.zip/file

Just unzip it then add the file 'fmc light' to Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020 Touch/Skins

Sorted and looking awesome.  Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

1 hour ago, mmitch19 said:

Sorted and looking awesome.  Thank you very much!

Copied "fmc-light" into Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020 Touch/Skins. but when i go in game on my ipad, the skin does not appear in the skin selection drop down menu in setting.

Copied the file through itunes file sharing. Hav 2 other skins as well (it works) but not working for the fmc light.

in-game setting drop down - https://imgur.com/xGEQEJV

folders - https://imgur.com/9KBYxkB

any idea why? thank you

Edited by x3SNSDx3Tiffany

11 hours ago, x3SNSDx3Tiffany said:

Copied "fmc-light" into Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020 Touch/Skins. but when i go in game on my ipad, the skin does not appear in the skin selection drop down menu in setting.

Copied the file through itunes file sharing. Hav 2 other skins as well (it works) but not working for the fmc light.

in-game setting drop down - https://imgur.com/xGEQEJV

folders - https://imgur.com/9KBYxkB

any idea why? thank you

Sorry @x3SNSDx3Tiffany but I only play it on Mac so have no idea about skins on tablets, best bet is to visit the skinning hideout and see if you can find help there https://community.sigames.com/forum/18-skinning-hideout/

On 29/12/2019 at 21:49, KUBI said:

It's also a version that can be played on tablets, which becomes more popular. But those people usually do not visit the forums, unless they have technical issues.

I always play touch but post in the main forum. im sure many others do