Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Old Joe Clarke

Tactical familiarity help.

Hello everyone, I have not played FM since my long save from 2012 that lasted 6 real earth years. Now having played the demo I am hooked again.

My question is based on the new ways that a player shows his tactical understanding mixed with the new (to a 2012 player) in depth roles within the tactics.

I have a player that is a natural Pressing forward attack but has a very low understanding of the match tactics but when changed to a more unfamiliar role of Advanced forward attack his familiarity almost goes to maximum.

Where my brain is having trouble is why does he have a better understanding when asked to play slightly out of his favourite position and which is the best option, a player happy with the team tactic or a player happy with his role.

This is early in the season and I know all will improve in time but it feels like a see-saw effect. The tactic is not over elaborate or conflicting as far as I can see.

Any help here would be great... 

The role + duty "rating" is just advice based on his attributes, that rating doesn't affect his performance playing the role.

Tactical familiarity will have a small effect on performance. He will of been played as an AF previously, play him as PF and he will become more familiar at it.