Sports Interactive Community

Every time I feel like I’ve cracked a new tactic for example I had one with my old Wigan save which I went 10 games winning then after my first loss I didn’t win for about 5 games and kept going on bad runs. I made little tweaks etc. So I started fresh Wigan save, 1st season I was in playoffs for the majority of season even automatics for periods then March time I went on a another bad run which made me drop to 10th. Where am I going wrong? I’ve now scrapped these multiply instruction tactics. I had started a clean slate tactic with a 2-3 instruction, back to basics. Is that a good idea ? 

3 hours ago, Ben Hutton said:

Every time I feel like I’ve cracked a new tactic for example I had one with my old Wigan save which I went 10 games winning then after my first loss I didn’t win for about 5 games and kept going on bad runs. I made little tweaks etc. So I started fresh Wigan save, 1st season I was in playoffs for the majority of season even automatics for periods then March time I went on a another bad run which made me drop to 10th. Where am I going wrong? I’ve now scrapped these multiply instruction tactics. I had started a clean slate tactic with a 2-3 instruction, back to basics. Is that a good idea ? 

A combination of:

1) Youre overachieving probably to begin with, so your own expectations have raised over what you "should" do with that team

2) Your players arent accustomed to the pressure that comes with being at the top and so start to struggle to meet the higher expectations

3) The opposition views you as more of a threat than they did and adapts to you accordingly, making it more difficult for you

4) You may not be managing the players mentalities as well as you could, allowing complacency to creep in or not lifting their morale with your team talks, press conferences and interactions with them

5) Your performances may not have reflected your points tally in the good and bad run. in the bad run youre probbaly playing better than your points tally would suggest, the opposite when things are going well

6) Your players are tiring out throughout the season

Any one or maybe all of the above would be my guess

Is there anything I can do to prevent this or is it just as simple as getting better players. The problem I have is I don’t have any budget at all so buying loan and frees who are decent but I don’t feel improve the squad massively. I’ve got a left back who’s on 15k p/w who’s one of my better players is it worth selling him just to gain a bit of money? I refuse to sell my centre half as he’s perfect for the way I want to play with good pace, great at playing out from the back, great defending. I really want to keep him till I get to the premier league. 

19 hours ago, Ben Hutton said:

Where am I going wrong?

How can we tell you what's wrong without taking a look at your tactic (screenshot)? 

19 hours ago, Ben Hutton said:

I had started a clean slate tactic with a 2-3 instruction, back to basics. Is that a good idea ? 

Using few instructions is generally a good idea because simple tactics are usually most effective, but it means nothing if your setup of roles and duties is wrong and/or those few instructions are wrong.