Sports Interactive Community
optimusprimal82

Trying to 'control freak' but loan manager/something else ruining my day!?

Hey everyone, first up Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! :)

Expect this to be a quick Q&A (so modes, feel free to close if we get an answer/consensus quickly);

I'm a bit of a control freak as an FM manager (as I suspect most of you are in your saves!) so I like to control everything transfer related, however I keep hitting upon a stumbling block with loans I've never experienced before (so something new for FM20 - of which this is my very first game);

Pretty standard, but a lot of my youth players are set to be available for loan - let's use Dylan Levitt as an example (and keep your eye out for him irl people, reckon he's going to be special!);

He's set on the loan list but as usual I've got it set to "I'll respond" for offers - i notice that this only seems to refer to actual cash money offers though (didn't it used to refer to both loans & xfers?);

image.thumb.png.32b17a5b5123a6597a5986650e25bc56.png

If I look at his 'Transfer offer options' from the right-click menu then again it's set to me, however as you'll notice at the top of the picture the offer was accepted by a member of staff;

image.thumb.png.47ff24ac6f57d6063b8b42e99721557b.png

Now the first time I saw this I realised there must be something under 'responsibilities' and sure enough I went and took control/confirmed (pretty sure the screen 'nags' you to confirm if you try and leave without saving in any case?);

image.thumb.png.2dc1da0af51bcb5d869477ae8eb8badc.png

Only thing is, it's happened a few times since and every time I've gone back into responsibilities, control has reverted back to a staff member...!? One further thing that's new to FM20 (I think?)/might be affecting it is that United have a 'Loan Manager' (no, not someone to help rid them of the Glazer debt sadly) - is his presence at the club the reason it keeps reverting back to his control? Is it possible/probable the game should warn if that's the case? I've >ahem< fired/mutually terminated the guy (it was cheaper to go mutual & it's not xmas day in game so not quite as bad as it seems!) now to try and test it out, but can anyone shed any light on this? I obviously don't want every loan offer made for a lad on the list accepting because I like to choose where based on playing time/contributions/petty grudges against teams that have previously knocked me out of playoffs/cups etc - am I doing a stupid somewhere?

image.thumb.png.f7e967a2e39ef998f7cdfe7dd5d460ef.png

I was in your exact same situation (even down to being at the same club) where I kept appointing myself as being in charge of loans but it kept going back to the Loan Manager (I figured it was because that's the only job he's got at the club) so I fired him and I haven't had the issue since. Now I'm free to control who does and doesn't go where when it comes to my loans

4 hours ago, Neotropolis said:

I was in your exact same situation (even down to being at the same club) where I kept appointing myself as being in charge of loans but it kept going back to the Loan Manager (I figured it was because that's the only job he's got at the club) so I fired him and I haven't had the issue since. Now I'm free to control who does and doesn't go where when it comes to my loans

Thank you sir; has been ok since I fired (apparently) the (same) guy so hopefully it’s fixed... Bit weird in terms of how the game handles it but guess it’s not exactly a bug to report?

Ah well, if it’s fine now then im happy! 😊

It could be a bug. Or it could be because it's their only job, it's always assigned. Who knows.

Slightly different but in the same ball park - what is going on with staff responsibilities this year, at no time have I been asked/suggested anything for this?

image.thumb.png.b11e72857043b9a415d0039b6aa36b3e.png

image.thumb.png.23d85c997949c80e15ce73b274bd769c.png

I mean sure, of course I can live with this/see no downside at a club like Utd, would just like to know why it's happening if it should be under my control - stuff like that will be much more important when i'm slumming it in the 15th tier somewhere as i normally do?

Edited by optimusprimal82

This just shows what a mess the new responsibility UI is. I think that no one will be able to answer your question because it could a be a lot of things, staff pays for own course but it's not stated in the inbox message or it's just bugged. I've also raised feedback on a setting that you can't edit. 

For us as control freaks setting up a new club in FM is no joy, check staff/check players/transfers/loans/responsibilities/tactics. This could easily take up 2 hours of our time. In my opinion a huge concern. 

Edited by Sanel

Few weeks in-game later and happened again;

image.thumb.png.8c30fedcf8e8ec17dcc5bb157f7dea8e.png

I'll bash a post into the feedback thread but it'll likely get lost in ME rage/discussion - not sure if a bug or otherwise but if it's not/systems working against each other then it's not particularly clear...

Indeed I agree, that sounds weird one. I move the thread to the dedicated forum now, so it could help it being reviewed.

Does it reproduce randomly within the run or does it reproduces only if you quit then load fm?

Regards

Hi!

For the 'loans being accepted' despite me being in charge, it's been resolved by having fired the loan manager; when he was still at the club, I can't be certain what was the trigger for it changing back from my responsibility to his - it happened maybe 4 times which makes me think it wasn't tied to quitting/loading (as I tend to leave the game running for several days for ease of return etc. I can't think of anything specific I was doing otherwise that would tie back to it, luckily it's right at the start of a new save using man utd so I imagine it'd be fairly easy to recreate if needed (actually be interesting to see if it recreates by adding one to a team without etc)?

For the second issue with staff training/qualifications, it hasn't happened for a few in-game weeks but I've changed nothing since the last one, and there have been 4-5 instances so far in this save despite it being set to my control.

Hope that helps, let me know if I can provide anything further (sadly don't have a save game from before i fired the loan manager)

On 26/12/2019 at 11:55, optimusprimal82 said:

For the 'loans being accepted' despite me being in charge, it's been resolved by having fired the loan manager; when he was still at the club, I can't be certain what was the trigger for it changing back from my responsibility to his - it happened maybe 4 times which makes me think it wasn't tied to quitting/loading (as I tend to leave the game running for several days for ease of return etc. I can't think of anything specific I was doing otherwise that would tie back to it, luckily it's right at the start of a new save using man utd so I imagine it'd be fairly easy to recreate if needed (actually be interesting to see if it recreates by adding one to a team without etc)?

There's an existing bug where the responsibility seems to reset on saving and loading games. It is with the dev team I believe. It's just repeated for me with Chelsea. Thanks for raising.