Sports Interactive Community
pcws1979

Application Error- Crash Dump When using in game editor.

Hi, I have twice encountered the attached application error, it happens when I am using the official in game editor and I'm using my own created custom database, I am also using a custom data from steam workshop which has changed team names and competition names, I have both Steam and Edge web browser open when playing the game.

Regards,

Phill.

FM 2020 v20.2.3.1330207 (2019.12.24 22.22.52).dmp

Edited by pcws1979
added info

By the way, I uninstalled a file I had downloaded from Steam Workshop and I have not had the crash since.

Thanks for letting us know.

As not everything from the Steam Workshop are official products, there could be a chance where these files can break the game.

Thanks.

Hi, to let you know the issue has occurred again a few times, without any Steam Workshop items added in game, the issue happens when using the in game editor, modifying a players skill attributes.

Are you able to reproduce this crash 100%?

If so, can you explain in details of how you get the game to crash, please? 

It would be helpful if you can upload the save the game just before it crashes to SI Cloud Service and let us know the name of the save so we can check it for you internally, please? 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

It happens normally if I spend a period of time using the in game editor (30-60 mins), I play using my own custom database, when starting a new save game I normally spend some time tweaking my player attributes, so it normally happens after editing 10+ players, though it has also happened after a few minutes. Other then my own database (which is just tweaks to a couple of clubs and a few created players and staff) I also have a downloaded player shortlist from Steam.

Hey,

I can see the issue has been logged and is being looked at by our Dev team. 

Could I just ask you to upload us a more recent crash dump file, ideally one that occured in 2020, if possible.

And to clarify, does the crash while in the editor, or when processing the game/in a match etc?

Thanks.

Hi, the Crash only happens when using the in game editor, i.e when tweaking attributes (Technical, Mental, Physical) normally after selecting another field, I've attached the last crash dump file., also the other thread on this issue is from me, it was added on the 11/1/2020 . The issues have occurred on my own custom database which has only minor changes, I will load the normal database and see if the issue occurs on that as well.

FM 2020 v20.2.3.1330207 (2020.01.11 19.40.56).dmp

Edited by pcws1979

I'll close off this thread and continue the troubleshooting on the other one.