European Football: None

LFqCDps.png

Trophy Cabinet:

LFqCDps.png

Club Vision:

34hC5uA.jpg

Edited by stevemc

Club History

A.C. Milan was founded as Milan Foot-Ball and Cricket Club in 1899 by English expatriates Alfred Edwards and Herbert Kilpin. Although the club itself claims 16 December of that year as its foundation date, historical evidence show that the club was actually founded on 13 December. In honour of its English origins, the club has retained the English spelling of the city's name, as opposed to the Italian spelling Milano, which it was forced to bear under the fascist regime. Milan won its first Italian championship in 1901 and a further two in succession in 1906 and 1907.

In 1908, Milan experienced a split caused by internal disagreements over the signing of foreign players, which led to the forming of another Milan-based team, F.C. Internazionale Milano. Following these events, Milan did not manage to win a single domestic title until 1950–51. The 1950s saw the club return to the top of Italian football, headed by the famous Gre-No-Li Swedish trio Gunnar Gren, Gunnar Nordahl and Nils Liedholm. This was one of the club's most successful periods domestically, with the Scudetto going to Milan in 1951, 1955, 1957, 1959 and 1962. In 1963, Milan won its first continental title by beating Benfica in the final of the European Cup.[20][21] This success was repeated in 1969, with a 4–1 win over Ajax in the final, which was followed by the Intercontinental Cup title the same year. During this period Milan also won its first Coppa Italia, with victory over Padova in the 1967 final, and two European Cup Winners' Cups: in 1967–68 and 1972–73.

Milan won a tenth league title in 1979, but after the retirement of Gianni Rivera in the same year, the team went into a period of decline. The club was involved in the 1980 Totonero scandal and as punishment was relegated to Serie B for the first time in its history. The scandal was centred around a betting syndicate paying players and officials to fix the outcome of matches. Milan achieved promotion back to Serie A at the first attempt, winning the 1980–81 Serie B title,[10] but were again relegated a year later as the team ended its 1981–82 campaign in third-last place. In 1983, Milan won the Serie B title for the second time in three seasons to return to Serie A, where they achieved a sixth-place finish in 1983–84.

On 20 February 1986, entrepreneur Silvio Berlusconi (who owns Fininvest and Mediaset) acquired the club and saved it from bankruptcy after investing vast amounts of money, appointing rising manager Arrigo Sacchi at the helm of the Rossoneri and signing Dutch internationals Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten and Frank Rijkaard. The Dutch trio added an attacking impetus to the team, and complemented the club's Italian internationals Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi, Alessandro Costacurta and Roberto Donadoni. Under Sacchi, Milan won its first Scudetto in nine years in the 1987–88 season. The following year, the club won its first European Cup in two decades, beating Romanian club Steaua București 4–0 in the final. Milan retained their title with a 1–0 win over Benfica a year later and was the last team to win back-to-back European Cupsuntil Real Madrid's win in 2017. The Milan team of 1989–90, nicknamed the "Immortals" in the Italian media, has been voted the best club side of all time in a global poll of experts conducted by World Soccer magazine.

The 90's

After Sacchi left Milan in 1991, he was replaced by the club's former player Fabio Capello whose team won three consecutive Serie A titles between 1992 and 1994, a spell which included a 58-match unbeaten run in Serie A (which earned the team the label "the Invincibles"), and back-to-back UEFA Champions League final appearances in 1993, 1994 and 1995. A year after losing 1–0 to Marseille in the 1993 Champions League final, Capello's team reached its peak in one of Milan's most memorable matches of all time, the famous 4–0 win over Barcelona in the 1994 Champions League final. Capello's side went on to win the 1995–96 league title before he left to manage Real Madrid in 1996. In 1998–99, after a two-year period of decline, Milan lifted its 16th championship in the club's centenary season.

The 00's

Milan's next period of success came under another former player, Carlo Ancelotti. After his appointment in November 2001, Ancelotti took Milan to the 2003 Champions League final, where they defeated Juventus on penalties to win the club's sixth European Cup. The team then won the Scudetto in 2003–04 before reaching the 2005 Champions League final, where they were beaten by Liverpool on penalties despite leading 3–0 at half-time. Two years later, the two teams met again in the 2007 Champions League final, with Milan winning 2–1 to lift the title for a seventh time. The team then won its first FIFA Club World Cup in December 2007. In 2009, after becoming Milan's second longest serving manager with 420 matches overseen, Ancelotti left the club to take over as manager at Chelsea.

The Scandal...

During this period, the club was involved in the Calciopoli scandal, where five teams were accused of fixing matches by selecting favourable referees. A police inquiry excluded any involvement of Milan managers, but the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) unilaterally decided that it had sufficient evidence to charge Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani. As a result, Milan was initially punished with a 15-point deduction and was banned from the 2006–07 UEFA Champions League. An appeal saw that penalty reduced to eight points, which allowed the club to retain its Champions League participation.

Following the aftermath of Calciopoli, local rivals Internazionale dominated Serie A, winning four Scudetti. However, with the help a strong squad boasting players such as Zlatan Ibrahimović, Robinho and Alexandre Pato joining many of the veterans of the club's mid-decade European successes, Milan recaptured the Scudetto in the 2010–11 Serie A season, their first since the 2003–04 season, and 18th overall.

The Decline...

However, after the Scudetto the club declined in performance. It saw the club fail to qualify to European competitions for a few years. Fininvest, the holding company of the club also signed a preliminary agreement with Bee Taechaubol to sell 48% stake of the club for €480 million in 2015, after a net loss of €91.3 million in 2014 financial year and subsequent financial contribution from Fininvest. However, the deal collapsed. On 5 August 2016, a new preliminary agreement was signed with a Chinese investment management company Sino-Europe Sports Investment Management Changxing Co., which Fininvest sold 99.93% stake of Milan for about €520 million, plus the refurbishment of the club financial debt of €220 million. On 13 April 2017, the deal was completed and Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux became the new direct parent company of the club. In order to finalize the deal, American hedge fund Elliott Management Corporation provided Li with a loan of €303M (€180M to complete the payment to Finivest and €123M issued directly to the club). On 10 July 2018, Li failed to keep up with his loan repayment plan, neglecting to deposit a €32-million installment on time in order to refinance the €303-million loan debt owed to the American hedge fund. As a result, In July 2018, chairman Li Yonghong's investment vehicle Rossoneri Champion Inv. Lux. was removed as the shareholder of Rossoneri Sport Inv. Lux., the direct parent company of the club, making the investment vehicle majority controlled by Elliott Management Corporation the sole shareholder of Rossoneri Sport Inv. Lux.

Fair Play Breaches...

Milan qualified for the 2018–19 UEFA Europa League group stage as the sixth-placed team of the 2017–18 Serie A, but were originally banned by UEFA from European competition due to violations of Financial Fair Play regulations for failure to break-even. Milan appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and was partially accepted on 20 July 2018; the court ordered UEFA to issue a proportionate disciplinary measure other than ban. On 28 June 2019 Milan have been excluded from the 2019-20 UEFA Europa League as a result of Financial Fair Play breaches

Edited by stevemc

Milan have a number of very good players, players already performing at a high level include;

Club captain, Alessio Romognoli

M6Nu41J.jpg

Right Back, Davide Calabria

HDD5uVO.jpg

Defensive Midfielder, Franck Kessie

xtFQIlG.jpg

Attacking Midfielder, Suso

cEdJU0J.jpg

Striker, Krzysztof Piatek

kPvVPIA.jpg

But in the first team a number of superb younger players ready to start, with excellent potential to grow; Gianluigi Donnarumma, Theo Hernandez, Ismael Bennacer, Lucas Paqueta, and Rafael Leao

OqryqEv.jpg

UIiT4Au.jpg

jVlCcMF.jpg

UIiT4Au.jpg

dGk1ZAb.jpg

At youth level, there are also a couple of exciting prospects:

jVlCcMF.jpg

AYldfmq.jpg

sN5nHQA.jpg

Add to that, the number of players out on loan and dead-wood in the current squad, there should be plenty of room for a significant rebuild should you wish.

Edited by stevemc

Why manage AC Milan?

A decent challenge to take this giant club up to Serie A title-winning glory. The club hasn't had great times recently, a staff re-shuffle is needed along with a squad re-build and the youth needs some care, this club needs some love.

The club have a clear philosophy in place, they want an emphasis on younger players, signings of u-23s to build a brighter future to help put this club back at the pinnacle of Italian and European football. Taking the job at the San Siro is not what it once was, there is plenty of work to do in order to get Milan competing for silverware once again.

Working closely with ex-players now board members and legends like Paolo Maldini and Zvonimir Boban, can you follow in the footsteps of Arrigo Sacchi, Fabio Capello and Carlo Ancelotti and build a new legacy?

Good luck...

Edited by stevemc

Milan: 2019/2020 Season:

Decided to start my career with Milan after deliberating for a while. Not sure if I'll stay with them long term, or move on but we'll see :D

As always, when I join a club I start with my staff, so I've had a major re-structure of staff at all levels (first team, U23, U18);

VK4sihS.jpg tHS3FXT.jpg

I decided to bring in a new Assistant Manager too, Marco Landucci:

Qx7exX5.jpg

After that, I went through the squad, and decided to move on Borini, Reina, Biglia and Bonaventura to help free up wages and finances to leave me with a decent budget to re-invest. All young players that I've sold include a 50% sell-on fee (Something I always do to ensure I don't miss out in the future). Gabbia and Maldini were not that great on mine either, so moved them on too.

Decided to re-invest every single penny available, in youth, with the most significant signings being Sandrio Tonali (£17m) and Ruban Dias (£39m) along with the talented Lincoln and Dominik Szoboszlai. The rest was spent on adding some depth to the squad and some highly rated youth prospects, Nicolò Armini, Emanuel Vignato, Brian Oddei and Róber.

7XwoNzl.jpg

Also tied up some future transfers for Dejan Kulusevski and Matías Palacios.

0CZRrIj.jpg

I feel this gives me a good base to work from now as I'll be switching between a 4-5-1 and 4-3-3, and in future windows can concentrate on improving the first eleven.

I've have a decent start although conceding too many for my liking (so last game I dropped the defensive line to combat these long balls over the top), only two defeats coming from Roma and Juventus;

e4OTCrY.jpg

Just entering October now...

Edited by stevemc
14 minutes ago, stevemc said:

All young players that I've sold include a 50% sell-on fee (Something I always do to ensure I don't miss out in the future).

How do you do this? I've only had one '20% sell-on fee' success! The rest were mostly the profit clause instead. Did you accept much lower amount for the %?

15 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Also tied up some future transfers for Dejan Kulusevski

He is still at Parma on-loan, correct? Can't believe he's that cheap and can be arrange in advance!

Definitely an option to take as early as I can when I start my save. But with first transfer window disabled, I don't think I can arrange future transfers early? Anybody can clarify this?

3 hours ago, quee said:

How do you do this? I've only had one '20% sell-on fee' success! The rest were mostly the profit clause instead. Did you accept much lower amount for the %?

He is still at Parma on-loan, correct? Can't believe he's that cheap and can be arrange in advance!

Definitely an option to take as early as I can when I start my save. But with first transfer window disabled, I don't think I can arrange future transfers early? Anybody can clarify this?

I always insist on 50% sell on (not, profit), and if they don’t accept then I reject the bid. You can even offer them out in the first instance with the clause included. I generally sell for their value.

Yes still on loan, so you have to wait a year but worth it I think for the price. I don’t think you can arrange transfers with “first window disabled” as your budget would be zero?

49 minutes ago, stevemc said:

I always insist on 50% sell on (not, profit), and if they don’t accept then I reject the bid. You can even offer them out in the first instance with the clause included. I generally sell for their value.

Yes still on loan, so you have to wait a year but worth it I think for the price. I don’t think you can arrange transfers with “first window disabled” as your budget would be zero?

That make sense. I guess I can try in January and tried to sign him permanently at the end of the season. I would imagine other clubs would in as well, though.

When I offered specific price and added clauses before clubs make their offer, I usually get zero interest for any of my players haha hence I just usually offered them out transfer listed at unspecified value and try to add a % clause during negotiations (if I can!). 

14 minutes ago, quee said:

That make sense. I guess I can try in January and tried to sign him permanently at the end of the season. I would imagine other clubs would in as well, though.

When I offered specific price and added clauses before clubs make their offer, I usually get zero interest for any of my players haha hence I just usually offered them out transfer listed at unspecified value and try to add a % clause during negotiations (if I can!). 

Tbh most likely f them sales came by clubs approaching me first, so I was in a good position from the start.

One thing I’ve noticed is I’m shipping chances/goals from pin-point accurate long balls over the top of my centre backs, is this an ME issue? As it seems too regular plus my centre backs are quality too, in Dias and Romognoli.

Edited by stevemc
47 minutes ago, stevemc said:

One thing I’ve noticed is I’m shipping chances/goals from pin-point accurate long balls over the top of my centre backs, is this an ME issue? 

Obviously I haven't played it, but it is a common problem I saw in the feedback topic.

I haven't seen any videos as examples though.

21 minutes ago, quee said:

Obviously I haven't played it, but it is a common problem I saw in the feedback topic.

I haven't seen any videos as examples though.

Ahh makes sense, any way to combat it then or is it just an ME problem?

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

Ahh makes sense, any way to combat it then or is it just an ME problem?

Most are saying it is the ME problem, but someone from SI said it could be tactical (if I remembered correctly).

I really wish they would just try to improve FM19 ME to the next level instead of adding more new problems (apparently).

There's hope the next big update will fix everything! (Hence why I usually buy the game after the Winter Update!).

Milan: 2019/2020 Season (January):

Made it through to January, pretty much stuck with a 4-3-3 although I've been heavily tweaking it since December due to the type of goals I'm conceding (I've noticed the same pattern in other saves with different tactics too).

wZSwEhA.jpg

WUGTdlL.jpg

As you can see, I'm sitting well placed in 2nd, but I'm absolutely not happy with the 26 goals scored against, that defence is mid-table form - it's the strikers that are bailing us out. I've only kept two clean sheets all season but the majority of these 26 conceded goals are coming from;

• Pin-point long balls over the top of my centre-backs heads (think I've solved this)

• Conceding from opposition corners (Still struggling with this, any good set ups appreciated?)

• Conceding from opposition indirect free-kicks (Still struggling with this, any good set ups appreciated?)

Quick shout out to Rafael Leão who has been an absolute animal, by far my best performer;

9c3ckxU.jpg

pTJeT15.jpg

I've got about £5m in the kitty for January which I'll invest in youth players after I've tied up Gianluigi Donnarumma's new contract.

Edited by stevemc

Milan: 2019/2020 Season (Approaching End of Season):

Things are starting to click now, we've put together a great winning run, started picking up clean sheets and starting to control games too, emphasised by this great win away at Fiorentina;

tdfkxJw.jpg

Juventus are running away with the title, and they've beaten us home and away but our target of top four, to secure Champions League football next season is currently on target and given the fact I've met all the boards other targets in the club vision, this should secure me a contract extension. We currently have a 10 point gap to 5th and 6th, which is a nice buffer for the remaining 11 games. Plus 6th placed Lazio are in terrible form too.

IV7acfo.jpg

I managed to get my DoF to sign Gianluigi Donnarumma to a new contract, and had to drop Ricardo Rodríguez and Krzysztof Piatek throughout January/February after Tottenham Hotspur had unsettled them and made them unhappy - but I'm now through the rough patch, Rodríguez is now out of the starting eleven even though he's happy to stay but I've reintroduced Piatek into the team as he's too important to miss out - he's back happy and firing again but his card is marked :D

Started with AC Milan when beta came out. Now into 2024, have won Serie A two years in a row, but still chasing Champions League glory. After the first season a british tycoon took over and has afforded me silly money to reshape the team. I still focus mostly on buying youth, and focusing on predominately Italian players. 

Some of the main stays right now are Haaland, Piatik, Riccardi, Pellegrini, Tonali, Zaniolo, Armini, Vignato, and a few young Italian regens who are ridiculously good. I raided Romas midfield hard when we had our take over. Lorenzo Columbo progresses quite nicely as well. I also signed Sebastiano Esposito for cheap before and he's turned out well, obviously. 

Some regens in the youth pipeline right now. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.349656388f5a56d286af10efc8d2e035.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Capture 4.PNG

Milan: 2019/2020 Season (End of Season):

Finished the season, finished 4th and hit all the boards targets;

u2iJGop.jpg

However, I think I might start again now, I have a clear plan plus I'd do this a little differently in terms of tactics and signings, plus with the Data Update, you also get Zlatan Ibrahimovic :)

14 minutes ago, stevemc said:

u2iJGop.jpg

However, I think I might start again now, I have a clear plan plus I'd do this a little differently in terms of tactics and signings, plus with the Data Update, you also get Zlatan Ibrahimovic :)

There's already an data update now?

9 horas atrás, stevemc disse:

u2iJGop.jpg

Could you share the skin?

Posted (edited)

Reckon I've done a belter deal here, didn't want to sell him really but on reflection Mateo Musacchio is 29, on £61k p/w and only a squad player, worth £10.5m but managed to get £25m from Shanghai Shenhua :D

hvOkglU.jpg

OHPxUX1.jpg

He rinsed them for £130k p/w too.

Edited by stevemc
4 minutes ago, quee said:

Only £2.1m towards your budget?

Yeah they dropped my transfer revenue down to 15%, but I just requested more funds once this went thru and they accepted.

I've just started my game, and forgot that I had Australia set as the start date, so I took over at the start of October with the club currently sitting in 8th. It's taken me about 1-2 hours looking through and trying to sort out my staff and transfer targets etc. 

So far I've pretty much followed what you did and have deals agreed to sell Bonaventura (£10.5m to Guangzhou Evergrande), Biglia (£2m to Beijing Guo'an), Borini (£10.75m to Crystal Palace) & Reina (£675k to Galatasaray.

Regarding transfers in, I am obviously trying to bring in Tonali. I would also like to bring in a couple of centre backs. I am looking at Onguene & Akanji. Has anybody used either of them before? I had a bid accepted for Bonifazi but he wanted to go from £18.5k p/w all the way to £75k p/w! Not going to happen. I am also looking to try and bring in Pellegri from Monaco.

EDIT: Also does anybody know why, when adding a player as a Transfer Target or when negotiating a new players contract it is asking Franco Baresi (Director) to do it instead of my director of football? I have triple checked my staff responsibilities and there is nothing with Baresi's name anywhere.

Edited by Watson156

I've noticed the Baresi thing too, same as you, his name isn't anywhere - maybe he just likes getting involved!

I'm nearing the end of my first season again, since I restarted, so I'll post an update in the next few days.

3 hours ago, Watson156 said:

I've just started my game, and forgot that I had Australia set as the start date, so I took over at the start of October with the club currently sitting in 8th. It's taken me about 1-2 hours looking through and trying to sort out my staff and transfer targets etc. 

You didn't want to restart the game then? Since it was still at the beginning. 

3 minutes ago, quee said:

You didn't want to restart the game then? Since it was still at the beginning. 

No, I quite like the look of the challenge, plus I always play with first transfer window turned off so nothing really changed.

Finished my first season with Milan, second time around, with a clear way of how I wanted to play. We definitely over-achieved, as the board wanted Champions League. In all honesty, we should have won the title but slipped up on the final day to allow Juventus to win Serie A on goal difference :mad:

We need a win in the final game, and managed to pinch what we thought was the winner in the 91st minute away at Bologna, I didn't even have time to adjust my tactics when Bologna equalised in the 93rd minute allowing Juventus to win the title. Absolutely gutted.

7mdz7Cu.jpg

We broke plenty of clubs records during the season, including winning every game in Feb, March and April in a 10 game win streak.

Here's how the personal stats ended;

uGk8LIY.jpg

I'm not planning massive changes this Summer, maybe one or two first-teamers and sell a couple of fringe players. We need a more experienced striker to partner Piatek, and help Leao and Lincoln progress. Quite fancy taking Andrea Belotti from Torino to replace Ibrahimovic.

That is one hell of a season. That last game was ridiculous!

How did Zlatan get on for you. I've really struggled to get him scoring. Were you playing the 4-3-3 that you showed higher up?

On another note, that season by Ronaldo is mental 

11 hours ago, Watson156 said:

That is one hell of a season. That last game was ridiculous!

How did Zlatan get on for you. I've really struggled to get him scoring. Were you playing the 4-3-3 that you showed higher up?

On another note, that season by Ronaldo is mental 

It was horrible, literally won the league with a 90th minute winner only for them to equalise!

Zlatan was awful but I posted it in the feedback thread because he was my designated penalty taker and due to the bug he kept missing them so he ratings dropped and morale was poor.

As soon as Ronaldo retires it will be much easier to win the league.

@stevemc Really impressive first season that! What were your transfers the second time around, or were they very similar?

In the middle of a save with Bolton that I'm really enjoying, but when I'm done with that then A.C. Milan are high on my list of teams to try next.

May just wait till the next update (or use the sortitoutsi one like you) as it will be fun to have Zlatan around!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dong21 said:

@stevemc Really impressive first season that! What were your transfers the second time around, or were they very similar?

In the middle of a save with Bolton that I'm really enjoying, but when I'm done with that then A.C. Milan are high on my list of teams to try next.

May just wait till the next update (or use the sortitoutsi one like you) as it will be fun to have Zlatan around!

Summer:

Rúben Dias - £37m

Sandro Tonali - £14m

Fredrik André Bjørkan - £1.6m

Nicolò Armini - £875K

Róber - £1m

January:

Everton - £20m

Lincoln - £12.5m

Edited by stevemc

Very tempted to start a Milan save, had a couple of really good saves with them in the past.

Did people have trouble getting rid of the deadwood? They've made some absolutely dreadful signings in recent years (last year was better tbh), ie Borini.

Is Ibra any good? Could be very interesting

Good stuff man, I’m just past Christmas in my first season with Milan. I got mugged on Mustaccio by the looks of it as I sold him for 10mil, I got benkovic from Leicester as a youngster but (Duarte?) the Brazilian CB has been playing next to romagnoli and has been solid. Got A from the board so far. Top of the pile after beating Napoli / Inter and Juve back to back. Lost 2 so far to fiorentina and Torino (I think) but not drawn yet. 

interesting to see the different takes on things. Biglia, although old, is an absolute colossus for me. Piatek and Rebic in a front two are utterly lethal. Got my full backs crossing from deep with a midfield 3 (2 mezzalas and the beast Kessie as box to box) and its working an absolute treat. Didn’t really have the personnel so have been playing Suso somewhat out of position while he trains as a CM mezzala. I think rebic and piatek both have over 15 goals already, it’s ridiculous.

i just got Eric Bailey on loan for no fee as I’ve had injuriesand a commitment to pay 18mil If he plays 30 games (not possible haha). I’m trying to save my money to buy rebic outright, the agreed fee is 20mil I think and he is already worth 38mil.

Gianluigi Donnarumma - 5th season, I’m currently playing as Chelsea and can sign this lad for £105m. Is he worth it? I originally had Oblak but sold him to PSG. Still have Kepa, but not 100% convinced with him. 

What do you guys think? Cheers 

5 hours ago, bucket said:

Gianluigi Donnarumma - 5th season, I’m currently playing as Chelsea and can sign this lad for £105m. Is he worth it? I originally had Oblak but sold him to PSG. Still have Kepa, but not 100% convinced with him. 

What do you guys think? Cheers 

He was quality for me, broke the clean sheet record in my first season.

16 minutes ago, stevemc said:

He was quality for me, broke the clean sheet record in my first season.

Thanks mate, may go ahead with the purchase then!!!!