[FM20] UEFA Revival 1.6 - 25/07/2020

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One final question for the road - what are the qualification rules for the Champions League/UEFA Cup/Intertoto Files (specifically 34), I've only checked the first season but it appears that Cup Winners aren't picked up by either the UEFA Cup or Intertoto - Rennes and Strasbourg are both not in any of the competitions after winning the two Frenchie cups last season.

23 minutes ago, pandamninator said:

One final question for the road - what are the qualification rules for the Champions League/UEFA Cup/Intertoto Files (specifically 34), I've only checked the first season but it appears that Cup Winners aren't picked up by either the UEFA Cup or Intertoto - Rennes and Strasbourg are both not in any of the competitions after winning the two Frenchie cups last season.

It goes by league position. Domestic cup winners will go into the Cup Winners' Cup, unless they've qualified for a higher competition in which the cup runner-up would then qualify (i.e. Watford).

The Intertoto Cup in files 33-35 I believe has the winner qualify for the UEFA Cup First Round, while the runner-up and third-placed team qualify for the UEFA Cup Qualifying Round.

Thanks I really appreciate what you’re doing, that’s a brilliant work especially for the AFC part. However, I found that if I’m using the UEFA Revamp A (AFC) I cannot found the “asian coefficient nation” and “asia qualification” places in the Asia’s section. Therefore, I would like to asl whether is it possible to fix this issue? Thanks

3 hours ago, anitamui said:

20.3 is out

when update

I'll try and get an update out some time next week :thup:

2 hours ago, Michael Harits said:

Thanks I really appreciate what you’re doing, that’s a brilliant work especially for the AFC part. However, I found that if I’m using the UEFA Revamp A (AFC) I cannot found the “asian coefficient nation” and “asia qualification” places in the Asia’s section. Therefore, I would like to asl whether is it possible to fix this issue? Thanks

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately I'm not sure if it's possible to fix the coefficients with created continental competitions. Same goes for qualification places.

20 minutes ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

i did it without eating too much and drinking too much
but the big problem is alternate 48 file is running in 2027 instead of 2021-2022
and got a screwed up messed up file what can i do

I have no idea. Sorry bud.

I know this is not your issue with your files but Just to let you know since the 20.3 update if you load any of your files with the real results and fixtures of either fmf or aml or any others the England file is wrong and throws all the English fixtures out of sync!! No Sunday games or early of late kick offs etc. only Wednesday and Saturday matches in the Premiership and the end of the season is split up. I think it could be League one has 23 teams because of Bury's expulsion and should have just 3 relegation spots and League 2 should only have 1. When one of them is loaded they still show 4 and 2 relegation spots. It is also affecting international fixtures too. It also effects your European games which are now played on a Saturday!! Im trying to figure out a solution with the editor but I am stumped at the moment. Do you have any ideas?? Keep up the good work.

3 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

I know this is not your issue with your files but Just to let you know since the 20.3 update if you load any of your files with the real results and fixtures of either fmf or aml or any others the England file is wrong and throws all the English fixtures out of sync!! No Sunday games or early of late kick offs etc. only Wednesday and Saturday matches in the Premiership and the end of the season is split up. I think it could be League one has 23 teams because of Bury's expulsion and should have just 3 relegation spots and League 2 should only have 1. When one of them is loaded they still show 4 and 2 relegation spots. It is also affecting international fixtures too. It also effects your European games which are now played on a Saturday!! Im trying to figure out a solution with the editor but I am stumped at the moment. Do you have any ideas?? Keep up the good work.

That could possibly be due to my files being carried over from the 2019 database, but I dunno. They were only tested without the real fixtures but ran fine.

Is the real results/fixtures a separate editor file that you downloaded? If so then that will most likely not be compatible with my work.

8 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

That could possibly be due to my files being carried over from the 2019 database, but I dunno. They were only tested without the real fixtures but ran fine.

Is the real results/fixtures a separate editor file that you downloaded? If so then that will most likely not be compatible with my work.

No mate your files were running fine before the update. I think it's something to do with the real results files messing everything up. Just think until its fixed you should maybe put not compatible with real results files. Cheers

10 minutes ago, OllieDrew said:

No mate your files were running fine before the update. I think it's something to do with the real results files messing everything up. Just think until its fixed you should maybe put not compatible with real results files. Cheers

Will do. Cheers :thup:

12 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Will do. Cheers :thup:

One other thing you managed to fix and get working the FIFA Club World Cup. This is now easy to do?? Because I made one a few Months back and there was something about a bug with the new creation of the 2021 tournament stopping it from working in 2019. I remember you saying previously it was something to do with you can only do 20 teams instead of 24!! Is that still the case or could I do one with 24 and it would work OK??

5 minutes ago, OllieDrew said:

One other thing you managed to fix and get working the FIFA Club World Cup. This is now easy to do?? Because I made one a few Months back and there was something about a bug with the new creation of the 2021 tournament stopping it from working in 2019. I remember you saying previously it was something to do with you can only do 20 teams instead of 24!! Is that still the case or could I do one with 24 and it would work OK??

If I remember right, what caused the problem I was having was the season update day and setup date needing to be adjusted. I chose the format I went with mostly to avoid complications going forward (i.e. what if the same team won the Champions League 3 times etc), but also to make the group stage easier to process. It should be fine for you to create your own. Always good to run a few in-game tests just to be sure.

6 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

If I remember right, what caused the problem I was having was the season update day and setup date needing to be adjusted. I chose the format I went with mostly to avoid complications going forward (i.e. what if the same team won the Champions League 3 times etc), but also to make the group stage easier to process. It should be fine for you to create your own. Always good to run a few in-game tests just to be sure.

6 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Thanks bud. Ive done some research and know the 24 teams that would have qualified for the the tournament if it was 2019 and not 2021. I will do the 8 groups of 3, quarter finals, semi finals, 3rd place and final. I will complete and run it every 2 years. I will update 2021 with different winning teams. If you would like a copy just let me know

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/02/2020 at 23:23, Carlito85 said:

Which files are you using? I'll take a look at them.

Also, when you say the Champions League winner is playing in the UEFA Cup because of their league position, are they in the Champions League as well? None of the files I made have the Champions League winner automatically qualifying for the Champions League in the following season. I couldn't get it to work properly.

This is top class work. The 80s and 90s formats prior to the expansion of the Champions League to take in non- champions run really interest me.The icing on the cake would be if the European Cup champions could defend their title the following season regardless of final league position. I had a go myself but I really don't know what I'm doing. I remember Mauvais editor files for the old European Cup/ original CL formats from FM2016 got the defending champions in the following season. The thread was titled "European Cups 90s" if you're interested. Many thanks.

27 minutes ago, irish kopite said:

This is top class work. The 80s and 90s formats prior to the expansion of the Champions League to take in non- champions run really interest me.The icing on the cake would be if the European Cup champions could defend their title the following season regardless of final league position. I had a go myself but I really don't know what I'm doing. I remember Mauvais editor files for the old European Cup/ original CL formats from FM2016 got the defending champions in the following season. The thread was titled "European Cups 90s" if you're interested. Many thanks.

I actually had it working in FM18 where the winner automatically qualified for the following season but the bug that messed things up reared its head again from FM19. I'll run some tests in the editor and see if I can get anything working. The bug was mainly with the UEFA Cup but I should be able to make some files where just the Champions League winner qualifies automatically the following year.

Edited by Carlito85

Hello. I can't understand, what is the mission of this file.

Can I use Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference League together with Intertoto Cup or Cup Winners Cup? 

Is it working with 20.4?

Edited by id99

When using Weiry's file to play as an Estonian club and your UEFA files, then it messes up tournaments by picking wrong teams into the cups. For example, using your file 29, the game picks Sillamäe Kalev into Conference league, who plays in 4th division in Estonia.

12 hours ago, id99 said:

Hello. I can't understand, what is the mission of this file.

Can I use Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference League together with Intertoto Cup or Cup Winners Cup? 

Is it working with 20.4?

Hi id,

The project is basically a throwback to older competition formats, and there are multiple setups you can choose from. For example the UEFA Cup is an alternative option to the UEFA Europa League, while the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup is an alternative option to the UEFA Conference League. The UEFA Intertoto Cup is in every UEFA file. I've included a detailed file guide to make it easier for you to decide which file you'd prefer to use.

This should work OK with 4.0 but if you encounter any issues, I have an update I'm hoping to make available some time over the weekend.

4 hours ago, Mortheus said:

When using Weiry's file to play as an Estonian club and your UEFA files, then it messes up tournaments by picking wrong teams into the cups. For example, using your file 29, the game picks Sillamäe Kalev into Conference league, who plays in 4th division in Estonia.

EDIT: I had a look at the file and managed to encounter the same issue, as well as a lower league team being called into the Champions League. The only potential cause of the problem I can see is that the records have been updated to go with the recent 4.0 patch. Each team has completed competition history for the 2019 season, even though technically those competitions haven't finished yet in the game (November being the end of the Estonian season). That's just a guess but without his file activated, my file appears to grab the correct teams.

Your best option might be to either grab an older version of Weiry's file if he has one, or remove the 2019 history of each team and change their previous league positions to what they were in the 2018 season. Even then I have no idea why it's grabbing a lower league team. It might be a bit of a task but I think that's the only way it would work considering the UEFA competitions begin in June/July 2019.

Edited by Carlito85

@Mortheus Ignore what I said before. Found the problem.

I took a deeper look into Weiry's file in the editor and the wrong leagues (last division) are set for some of the lower league teams. They have the top division as their last division, which is why they're getting into the UEFA competitions.

Edited by Carlito85

On 27/03/2020 at 16:52, Carlito85 said:

Hi id,

The project is basically a throwback to older competition formats, and there are multiple setups you can choose from. For example the UEFA Cup is an alternative option to the UEFA Europa League, while the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup is an alternative option to the UEFA Conference League. The UEFA Intertoto Cup is in every UEFA file. I've included a detailed file guide to make it easier for you to decide which file you'd prefer to use.

This should work OK with 4.0 but if you encounter any issues, I have an update I'm hoping to make available some time over the weekend.

Hello! I checked your Guide. I liked Revival 28 file.

But maybe I misunderstood something?
Check me please.
Basicly I need UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference League real system from 2021.

Extra I need Intertoto Cup, Super Cup (with 4 teams playing) , Fifa Club World Cup.

And now I have questions.

1. Are Uefa Youth League and AFC (Asia) Structure real in your files? 

2. What is CONCACAF-CONMEBOL MERGER ? It's real system or not? 

3. From what I selected, what files I need to choose? Do I need the Fifa Club World Cup file?

4. Do I need to download Uefa Youth League and AFC (Asia) Structure and CONCACAF-CONMEBOL MERGER ?? I need just real system of that competitions.

Maybe it's a bit confusing. I'm sorry for that. Please answer.

Edited by id777

1 hour ago, id777 said:

Hello! I checked your Guide. I liked Revival 28 file.

But maybe I misunderstood something?
Check me please.
Basicly I need UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference League real system from 2021.

Extra I need Intertoto Cup, Super Cup (with 4 teams playing) , Fifa Club World Cup.

And now I have questions.

1. Are Uefa Youth League and AFC (Asia) Structure real in your files? 

2. What is CONCACAF-CONMEBOL MERGER ? It's real system or not? 

3. From what I selected, what files I need to choose? Do I need the Fifa Club World Cup file?

4. Do I need to download Uefa Youth League and AFC (Asia) Structure and CONCACAF-CONMEBOL MERGER ?? I need just real system of that competitions.

Maybe it's a bit confusing. I'm sorry for that. Please answer.

Hi id,

If you want to use UEFA file 28 and the custom version of the FIFA Club World Cup, you would need to use Club World Cup file A which is compatible with Europa League history (file B is compatible with the UEFA Cup)

1. The UEFA Youth League and AFC structure are both custom. The AFC Champions League has 2 group stages, while the AFC Cup mirrors the 2004-09 UEFA Cup format of 5 teams in the group stage.

2. The CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merger is a custom structure, combining North and South American teams into 5 competitions, similar to the UEFA ones. This is not compatible with the Club World Cup yet though.

3. You don't need to use the Club World Cup file if you'd prefer to keep the competition as it currently is. My version is a custom design of 20 teams instead of the planned 24 in 2021.

4. You don't need to use the UEFA Youth League, CC merger or AFC competitions if you don't want to. Your game will still run OK without them.

Hope that helps :thup:

Edited by Carlito85

Hi Carlito. Did you have any luck with getting the Champions League winners to automatically qualify for the following season's Champions League tournament regardless of final league position? I had a go at the 1995-1997  Champions League format i.e. national league winners only, 4 groups of 4 followed by quarter finals. I was able to get Liverpool into the 2019-20 CL as first seeds but unfortunately City took the Reds place in the UEFA Cup. That was just a temporary fix and I'd be afraid to get into the save, win another European Cup with Liverpool but won't be able to try and retain it because I didn't also win the Premier League. Many thanks.

2 hours ago, irish kopite said:

Hi Carlito. Did you have any luck with getting the Champions League winners to automatically qualify for the following season's Champions League tournament regardless of final league position? I had a go at the 1995-1997  Champions League format i.e. national league winners only, 4 groups of 4 followed by quarter finals. I was able to get Liverpool into the 2019-20 CL as first seeds but unfortunately City took the Reds place in the UEFA Cup. That was just a temporary fix and I'd be afraid to get into the save, win another European Cup with Liverpool but won't be able to try and retain it because I didn't also win the Premier League. Many thanks.

I haven't been able to yet due to my graphics card acting up. I'm hoping to get some more work done over the next week or two though once I get it replaced.

21 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

I haven't been able to yet due to my graphics card acting up. I'm hoping to get some more work done over the next week or two though once I get it replaced.

Bloody graphics cards! I'm currently going with the 1997- 2000 CL format that includes 8 runners up. That gets the European Champs in at least for 19/20 and there's no more than 2 representatives per country. The file is a good compromise. Thanks again.

Edited by irish kopite
More info

On 30/03/2020 at 06:45, Carlito85 said:

Hi id,

If you want to use UEFA file 28 and the custom version of the FIFA Club World Cup, you would need to use Club World Cup file A which is compatible with Europa League history (file B is compatible with the UEFA Cup)

1. The UEFA Youth League and AFC structure are both custom. The AFC Champions League has 2 group stages, while the AFC Cup mirrors the 2004-09 UEFA Cup format of 5 teams in the group stage.

2. The CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merger is a custom structure, combining North and South American teams into 5 competitions, similar to the UEFA ones. This is not compatible with the Club World Cup yet though.

3. You don't need to use the Club World Cup file if you'd prefer to keep the competition as it currently is. My version is a custom design of 20 teams instead of the planned 24 in 2021.

4. You don't need to use the UEFA Youth League, CC merger or AFC competitions if you don't want to. Your game will still run OK without them.

Hope that helps :thup:

Thank you, it helps!

But I dont understand why Chelsea not recorded as 2018/2019 UEFA Europa League winner?

I use 28th file.

Edited by id99

9 hours ago, id99 said:

Thank you, it helps!

But I dont understand why Chelsea not recorded as 2018/2019 UEFA Europa League winner?

I use 28th file.

Which files are you using with file 28? It could be a case of one of the other files not having up to date history if it was carried over from FM19.

1 hour ago, Carlito85 said:

Which files are you using with file 28? It could be a case of one of the other files not having up to date history if it was carried over from FM19.

World Club Cup A, check please

Edited by id99

14 minutes ago, id99 said:

If you can please fix it today.

I plan to start new career. 

I can't use the editor (or the game) right now due to my graphics card bugging out. Hopefully my new one should be here by Monday.

I'll drop you a DM though and walk you through adding a new history record if you need any help.

Hi Carlito,

Would it be possible for you to add some more files to this when you are able to?

Would it be possible to do a version of the CONCACAF-CONNMEBOL file with Canadian teams included please if your files don't already include them?

Would it be possible to do a version of a European file (current rules and competitions only whichever file that is to save you some work) but with African Teams rather than european one's please? It's the only continent you haven't covered.

If you don't have time could you explain how i can do this please as i am not very good with continental competitions?

Is there a way of making these continental competitions with clubs from outside the countries top leagues please? (i'm interested in the european 1's only)

How do you make a continiental competition contested by the previous season's winners of other continental competitions (e.g. champions league winner v copa libertadores winner) please?

Many Thanks

Dai

As always I used your Revival project as base for mine. Did the classic format (all ties)

European Cup - 55 teams (54+previous winner)

UEFA Cup - 120 teams

Cup Winners Cup - 54 teams

Let me know if you wanna use it. It's compatible with the new clubs World Cup (2 finalists from European Cup, and the winners of UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup)

Edited by palmamiguel92

5 hours ago, palmamiguel92 said:

As always I used your Revival project as base for mine. Did the classic format (all ties)

UEFA Cup - 120 teams

Let me know if you wanna use it. It's compatible with the new clubs World Cup (2 finalists from European Cup, and the winners of UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup)

How did you manage to get the defending holders of the European Cup into the next season's competition? I've had no luck myself. Are Liverpool and City in your 2019/20 European Cup? I'd love to give it a go.

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, palmamiguel92 said:

UEFA Cup - 120 teams

Thanks, I appreciate the offer :thup:

However I'm hoping to get cracking on 4 new files in the near future to round my project off at 40 UEFA files. These will include Champions League winners qualifying for the following season (Europa League too, if it works properly).

33 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Thanks, I appreciate the offer :thup:

However I'm hoping to get cracking on 4 new files in the near future to round my project off at 40 UEFA files. These will include Champions League winners qualifying for the following season (Europa League too, if it works properly).

I'm having a go at file 32 at the minute to get champs league winners to qualify for next season's competition. It doesn't seem to be working. How could I go about doing it? If I had some simple steps I might succeed. Thanks in advance Carlito.

28 minutes ago, irish kopite said:

I'm having a go at file 32 at the minute to get champs league winners to qualify for next season's competition. It doesn't seem to be working. How could I go about doing it? If I had some simple steps I might succeed. Thanks in advance Carlito.

You would need to reconfigure the seedings in the Continent > Teams tab. There needs to be a spot free at some stage in the competition for the last winner. The extra spot (if they already qualified via the league) will then likely go to the next highest team in the winner's domestic league. If they didn't qualify via the league then they would just take that Champions League spot as normal.

You would also need to add an instruction in whichever round it is you want them to enter that grabs the last winner of the Champions League. This would be in the Teams tab in the stage you want them to enter.

Edited by Carlito85

36 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

You would need to reconfigure the seedings in the Continent > Teams tab. There needs to be a spot free at some stage in the competition for the last winner. The extra spot (if they already qualified via the league) will then likely go to the next highest team in the winner's domestic league. If they didn't qualify via the league then they would just take that Champions League spot as normal.

You would also need to add an instruction in whichever round it is you want them to enter that grabs the last winner of the Champions League. This would be in the Teams tab in the stage you want them to enter.

Thank you very much.

Using file 32 (95-97 CL structure) I edited the seedings from 1-8 to 1-7 for the group stage. I then edited the seedings for the qualifying round from 9-24 to 8-23. I added a rule in both areas you highlighted that brings the previous season's winner in. Very clear instruction, thank you again! That works!

One thing I have noticed when I loaded up a new game to do a quick test, Liverpool are in both the CL and UEFA Cup, naturally as PL runners up. 

How can I get them out of the UEFA Cup? 

Edited by irish kopite

33 minutes ago, anitamui said:

How about AFC Revival,CAF Revival, and even CONCACAF Revival??

It may be something I look at for FM21 but for this year I'm mainly looking at one more update, bugs/errors aside.

11 minutes ago, irish kopite said:

Thank you very much.

Using file 32 (95-97 CL structure) I edited the seedings from 1-8 to 1-7 for the group stage. I then edited the seedings for the qualifying round from 9-24 to 8-23. I added a rule in both areas you highlighted that brings the previous season's winner in. Very clear instruction, thank you again! That works!

One thing I have noticed when I loaded up a new game to do a quick test, Liverpool are in both the CL and UEFA Cup, naturally as PL runners up. 

How can I get them out of the UEFA Cup? 

If Liverpool are showing up in the UEFA Cup it could be due to the UEFA Cup seedings having a team missing. Normally by default it grabs the biggest teams to fill in the gaps so you may see the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus or Chelsea etc in there when they shouldn't be if that is the case.

5 horas atrás, irish kopite disse:

How did you manage to get the defending holders of the European Cup into the next season's competition? I've had no luck myself. Are Liverpool and City in your 2019/20 European Cup? I'd love to give it a go.

Thanks. 

Instead of imputing the holders in the phase menu i added the holders as the top spot in the countries menu, i found this worked because the order you index the teams qualifications matters a lot. It reminded me a lot of the times i was programming arrays in C# back in the days eheh. Also i change the other between CWC and UEFA Cup because CWC had priority back in the days.

So I did this

Index 6 (because i last added) Champions League holders

Index 0 - 8 first european seeded nations champions (Spain, England, Italy, Germany, France, Russia, Portugal, Netherlands)

Index 1 - Rest of the 46 champions from each nation (these will do a first round with 23 joining the holders and seeded teams in the round of 32)

index 2 - Cup Winners Cup - 10 nations with best rank

index 3 - The rest 44 nations (again, to play a first round, with 22 joining the 10 seeded teams for the round of 32

index 4 - UEFA Cup - 2nd places of the 8 first seeded nations

index 5- Rest 112 teams

UEFA Revival MP.fmf

Edited by palmamiguel92

34 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

It may be something I look at for FM21 but for this year I'm mainly looking at one more update, bugs/errors aside.

If Liverpool are showing up in the UEFA Cup it could be due to the UEFA Cup seedings having a team missing. Normally by default it grabs the biggest teams to fill in the gaps so you may see the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus or Chelsea etc in there when they shouldn't be if that is the case.

Is there any way that I can stop this happening. Using the Liverpool example, the game will auto pull England's UEFA Cup reps from the next available PL team down, bypassing the team that has qualified for the CL as defending champions?

23 minutes ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Instead of imputing the holders in the phase menu i added the holders as the top spot in the countries menu, i found this worked because the order you index the teams qualifications matters a lot. It reminded me a lot of the times i was programming arrays in C# back in the days eheh. Also i change the other between CWC and UEFA Cup because CWC had priority back in the days.

So I did this

Index 6 (because i last added) Champions League holders

Index 0 - 8 first european seeded nations champions (Spain, England, Italy, Germany, France, Russia, Portugal, Netherlands)

Index 1 - Rest of the 46 champions from each nation (these will do a first round with 23 joining the holders and seeded teams in the round of 32)

index 2 - Cup Winners Cup - 10 nations with best rank

index 3 - The rest 44 nations (again, to play a first round, with 22 joining the 10 seeded teams for the round of 32

index 4 - UEFA Cup - 2nd places of the 8 first seeded nations

index 5- Rest 112 teams

UEFA Revival MP.fmf 28.68 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you. I'll definitely give this a try! A very traditional set-up by the looks of things.