Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Add the Canadian Premier League to FM20 for Free

Recommended Posts

That's awesome.  Those rules look interesting, especially the 1000 minutes rule.

 

Does this apply to FM Touch also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me a cynic, but what is the precedent for adding free dlc on the steam workshop? Is this a precursor to paid dlc? In the future, are there going to be more leagues available but at a cost?

I ask because why can’t this be an actual game update instead of a workshop mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

Call me a cynic, but what is the precedent for adding free dlc on the steam workshop? Is this a precursor to paid dlc? In the future, are there going to be more leagues available but at a cost?

I ask because why can’t this be an actual game update instead of a workshop mod?

I don't think there is any precedent for that. If it was listed as free DLC on the store page there might be some precedent, but it doesn't really make sense to me at all for it to be on the workshop where the fewest people will see it. Why is it not either an update to the base game or a free DLC under the actual DLC category on the steam page?

Edited by DustinWalters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The logos and face pack don't work for me. Any idea why? I subscribed to all the items in the pack. I see in the game comments on Steam I'm not the only one with these issues. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Neil Brock Unless I'm mistaken, the file for Canadian Premier League Official Logos only contains images for:

20502998 - Canadian Premier League | icon | logo |trophy
39935334 & 567370168 <- I don't know what these are.

There are no club logos inside the file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this show on the leaderboard? not that it's important but nice in a way to keep track who your friends are managing 

Edited by mrwilsonn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HawkAussie said:

That brings up the point, will the Canadian league be in the base game for FM21?

Yep you are right. But why isn't Gibraltar included in the base game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cristian.tane said:

The logos and face pack don't work for me. Any idea why? I subscribed to all the items in the pack. I see in the game comments on Steam I'm not the only one with these issues. 

 

I have the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting crash dumps everytime I try and load the new Canadian League.

Edit: Turns out this was my issue:

 

Edited by Extra Time FM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've subscribed to the league and kit files but they're not showing in game for me, any ideas? I've restarted 3 times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

Yep you are right. But why isn't Gibraltar included in the base game?

To allow them to sell the game in Spain, presumably...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use one that some one else made ! so should I just delete those editor files and load this one. I live 20 minutes away from Forge FC 

I love the idea I just hope Toronto FC never leave the MLS for the CPL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2019 at 09:40, Blue Lou said:

@Neil Brock Unless I'm mistaken, the file for Canadian Premier League Official Logos only contains images for:

20502998 - Canadian Premier League | icon | logo |trophy
39935334 & 567370168 <- I don't know what these are.

There are no club logos inside the file.

We're looking into the issue at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the related posts have been removed, just thought people should be reminded that there's a thread for feedback, linked below.

It'd be nice if issues unrelated to this add-on could be left elsewhere and let people talk about the Canadian Premier League addition here in peace.

For the topic, it's cool that this has been added, so cheers SI. I might have to take a look, given I've never gotten the hang of the MLS, but wouldn't mind trying out North American proper ;) football.

Edited by JordanMillward_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2019 at 13:29, Scotty Walds said:

To allow them to sell the game in Spain, presumably...

why would having gibraltar in the game prevent them from selling in spain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2019 at 13:50, FredTFCRed said:

I have the same problem.

Same for me. Downloaded all the files but no kits, logos or faces are showing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, daspindocta said:

Same for me. Downloaded all the files but no kits, logos or faces are showing?

Did you untick the cache box in preferences?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

why would having gibraltar in the game prevent them from selling in spain?

Because Spain do not recognise Gibraltar as an independent nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

It works fine for me except I don't have logos at the clubs. I do have shirts, competition logo and pictures of the faces of the players. In the file that contains the logos of the club Is only the competition logo with the trophy. Will there be a solution for the logos of the clubs

Edited by Egbert Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Em 24/12/2019 em 17:29, Scotty Walds disse:

To allow them to sell the game in Spain, presumably...

It's sad and bizarre this happens.

Em 24/12/2019 em 19:57, Gross_Ballon disse:

I use one that some one else made ! so should I just delete those editor files and load this one. I live 20 minutes away from Forge FC 

I love the idea I just hope Toronto FC never leave the MLS for the CPL. 

It doesn't make sense, keeps in MLS has more advantages. 

Em 28/12/2019 em 14:45, oche balboa disse:

Why are the African Leagues ignored? 

I would like to see more african leagues, mainly from where there is more transfer movements like Middle East 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The logos don't work but more importantly neither does qualification for the CONCACAF league. 

I won the spring, fall leagues and the Final but Forge9fc qualified for the CONCACAF league just because they finished 5th overall, were nowhere near winning either league and didn't make the final either (Valour FC did that). 

This is game breaking stuff not even getting who qualifies for stuff right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

The logos don't work but more importantly neither does qualification for the CONCACAF league. 

I won the spring, fall leagues and the Final but Forge9fc qualified for the CONCACAF league just because they finished 5th overall, were nowhere near winning either league and didn't make the final either (Valour FC did that). 

This is game breaking stuff not even getting who qualifies for stuff right. 

Do you happen to have a save game prior to the incorrect team qualifying? If so, please upload it and let us know the file name. Details on how to upload here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-upload-files-for-support-r847/

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Do you happen to have a save game prior to the incorrect team qualifying? If so, please upload it and let us know the file name. Details on how to upload here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-upload-files-for-support-r847/

Thanks. 

I found an old save, holidayed until just before the league draw and its still picking York9FC as  the CONCACAF guys, have uploaded the save and put the details in the bugs section.

I'm going to do one final test however holiday and then get myself knocked out of the Canadian Championship and see if that "fixes" the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I found an old save, holidayed until just before the league draw and its still picking York9FC as  the CONCACAF guys, have uploaded the save and put the details in the bugs section.

I'm going to do one final test however holiday and then get myself knocked out of the Canadian Championship and see if that "fixes" the issue.

Remember to tell them what the file name was, because otherwise they'll have to sift through a lot of saves to find yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Remember to tell them what the file name was, because otherwise they'll have to sift through a lot of saves to find yours.

I did it's in the Canadian league specific issues bug forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I did another experiment just loaded up the Canadian league and let it run. First season Forge FC won the league and played in the CONCACAF league second season Forge won the league and a random team played in the CONCACAF league. 

Which leads me to believe this is an extremely easy to replicate bug. Somebody else mentioned this in the bugs forum too, they ran 20 seasons and the team was randomised every season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Also I did another experiment just loaded up the Canadian league and let it run. First season Forge FC won the league and played in the CONCACAF league second season Forge won the league and a random team played in the CONCACAF league. 

Which leads me to believe this is an extremely easy to replicate bug. Somebody else mentioned this in the bugs forum too, they ran 20 seasons and the team was randomised every season. 

I'll speak to the competitions team who worked on the CPL and see what I can find out. Appreciate your investigation here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm subscribed to this, out of interest just thought I'd take a look and nothing to do with the Canadian League appears when I look to create a new save. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, janrzm said:

I'm subscribed to this, out of interest just thought I'd take a look and nothing to do with the Canadian League appears when I look to create a new save. Am I missing something?

 

You need to have ensured the editor file is downloaded and the file selected from the database menu. 

When you go to Advanced Setup, you should then be able to choose the Canadian League, but you will have to choose a 2019 start date if you add USA too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wisconsin said:

Will using this stop Steam leaderboards from working?

No, there are no database changes with the file which is what prevents Leaderboards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2019 at 05:53, kiwityke1983 said:

The logos don't work

This has been resolved now and you should see the updated logos if you've subscribed to the file. 

If you're still not seeing them, following these steps: 

  • FM > Preferences > Reset > Clear Cache
  • FM > Downloads > Steam tab > Unsubscribe to the Canadian Official Logos file
  • Restart the game 
  • FM > Downloads > Steam tab >Browse official add ons
  • Subscribe to the Canada Logos file again

The logos should then be present in your game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/12/2019 at 18:37, ting2004 said:

Is this available on Stadia?

Also wondering this

 

On 24/12/2019 at 07:52, Blue Lou said:

 

Gibraltar league have been made available this way since FM14. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232843105

TIL - never knew this was the case!

Why has Gibraltar never made it to the full FM release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, markyosullivan said:

Also wondering this

 

It's only available through Steam as it is distributed through Steam Workshop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

It's only available through Steam as it is distributed through Steam Workshop.

Could it not be added as a patch like the way the January transfers are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, markyosullivan said:

Could it not be added as a patch like the way the January transfers are?

It's a user add on, so these are distributed through the Workshop as has always been the case. We're released many files this way over the years, from Hashtag United files, Influencers, and league files such as Gibraltar too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...