Sports Interactive Community
Rikulec

FM20: Unia Janikowo - Beyond Football Manager

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

aGrtl3Q.jpg

mo7cESc.jpg

We seem to have found our scoring boots again. Unfortunately, the defence is non-existent. Our new goalkeeper still hasn't kept a clean sheet.

Puchar Polski

WoGvOjK.jpg

That was way more dramatic than it should have been! Bogdanov got a stupid red card in the first half and we conceded straight away. Luckily we had a supersub Zwolinski to turn things around late on. We're in our first ever cup final!

Youth Intake

8KvxuMO.jpg

I like it, though I don't think anyone apart from Karbowinski is going to make it.

Filip Karbowinski

Jerzy Dejewski

Aleksander Bejger

Jacek Wroblewski

oJUWZRZ.jpg

It won't be easy, but anything can happen when it's just this one game of football.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

dwD5GtW.jpg

WGZVXuD.jpg

Finally a good month! Thanks to that we've secured our third top 3 finish in a row.

Puchar Polski

y8bjNWq.jpg

A dull game sealed by a weak long shot that really should have been saved. Boo.

Em 18/02/2020 em 15:07, Rikulec disse:

E4zdqk9.jpg

Brodnica is about 120 kilometres away from Janikowo.

A national team by now.

And i think those blips on form are completely natural, your team isn't the best YET.

Cheers,
Bitner 

4 hours ago, Bitner said:

A national team by now.

And i think those blips on form are completely natural, your team isn't the best YET.

Cheers,
Bitner 

Well, technically and formally Brodnica is still the same region as us. I'd love to get the best talent from all over the country, but we'd have to improve our youth recruitment and the board are sadly reluctant to do so. :(

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2028/29 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa (championship group) - PKO BP Ekstraklasa (relegation group)

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: 3rd

The positives? We secured European qualification again, going on a massive 21-game unbeaten run between mid-August and February. The negatives? Our massive slump in March and April means we finish one place lower and with 13 points less than last season. A bit of a setback, I just can't see this season as successful.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Runners-up

We started by beating Lech's reserves, we ended up losing to Lech proper in the final. Our best run to date, we did get lucky with the draw though, getting lower league teams almost all the way. Still, I'm happy with how we've done.

Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: Third Qualifying Round

It's going to take us a while to reach Gent's level.

Squad

The evolution continues. We've shown that this bunch is capable of maintaining a top 3 spot in the league and that's a lot given how far we've come in the 10 years I'm here. Piatek is leaving on a free.

Transfers - Finances

Not a bad couple of transfer windows, especially considering how much money we made. I'm not too happy to have lost Arndt though.

Still safe and sound financially.

Player of the Season

1st - Stepan Kopic - to be honest, he still hasn't set off like I've been hoping, but 14 goals and 8 assists in the league are not too shabby. His form towards the end of the season has me hopeful that next season will see his talent really explode.

2nd - Kamil Burman - unfortunately he missed plenty of games because of injuries, but when he did play, he really shone. He beat Jaworski for the place alongside Bykowski and did very well to hold onto it. A reliable performer, exactly what we need from a centre back.

3rd - Rafal Szalkowski - putting him here is a honourable mention more than anything else, but it has to be said that it may have been me starting him as a defensive midfielder that led us to ending our awful form and climbing back into the top three in the championship group. An unexpected late hero.

Next Season

We've come to the point where European qualification has to be expected. Maaaybe we can do a bit more than that.

On 23/12/2019 at 15:15, Rikulec said:

The highlights so far include Przemysław Kędziora (15 goals, the club's top scorer and the league's second best) being picked for the league's best XI:

I always enjoy your saves and saw this one a while ago but haven't had an opportunity to read and catch up. 

I have quite a few Poles working for me and I plan on badgering you about names if that's ok. 

I have no idea of the spelling, but why does Przemyslaw get shortened to "Shemak", (or something that sounds like that anyway)?

3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I always enjoy your saves and saw this one a while ago but haven't had an opportunity to read and catch up. 

I have quite a few Poles working for me and I plan on badgering you about names if that's ok. 

I have no idea of the spelling, but why does Przemyslaw get shortened to "Shemak", (or something that sounds like that anyway)?

Haha, it's fine. :D Shortening names is a thing in our language, we do that with most of them. Przemysław is Przemek (pronounced 'pshemek'), my name Jakub gets "shortened" to Kuba, etc. We also use nicknames quite often. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions and have fun catching up, plenty of stuff has happened in those ten years!

On 04/01/2020 at 00:23, Rikulec said:

Przemysław Kędziora - I think he doesn't need an introduction. Chrobry never gave him a chance to play, how silly of them. I'm not complaining though!

Wow, What a signing. I didn't realise he was only a loan player the 1st time round and had started counting his hat-tricks, (7 I think as a loan player), until you suddenly said he had gone back. Now he is properly back! :applause:

47 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Wow, What a signing. I didn't realise he was only a loan player the 1st time round and had started counting his hat-tricks, (7 I think as a loan player), until you suddenly said he had gone back. Now he is properly back! :applause:

He was our player to start off, then he was sold to Chrobry with a loan back clause, then he spent one season there without playing at all and we finally got him back after that. :D

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2029/30 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Mid-table finish
Puchar Polski: Third Round
Superpuchar: Be competitive
UEFA Europa Conference League: Third Qualifying Round

My Expectations:

PKO BP Ekstraklasa: Challenge for the title.
Puchar Polski: Not important.
Superpuchar: Not important.
UEFA Europa Conference League: If we can get past Feyenoord, anything is possible.

Budgets:

Transfer: £1,504,533
Wage: £107,338 (currently spending £33,222)
Balance: £3,075,529

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2029/30 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

l4Xe3uD.jpg

You may have noticed a couple of new names here.

Transfers

yqF0JjZ.jpg

Probably our most spectacular window so far, Coret's sale being the highlight. We poached him on a free last year and now he breaks our transfer record. Nice.

Darko Vujakovic - I had intended to use him as a defensive midfielder at the time of signing the contract, but now he's more likely to feature at right back.

Karol Dawidowicz - lots and lots of pace, should come in handy on the left wing.

Arkadiusz Olszewski - lovely physicals on this lad. He'll be retrained as a central midfielder.

Tomaz Zupancic - I don't want to get too excited too quickly, but this guy has some great stats at only 17 and he's only going to get better. Easily the pick of the bunch.

Filip Karbowinski and Aleksander Bejger were promoted from the youth team.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

ZDYWFjN.jpg

Nt7DtAo.jpg

:seagull:

Superpuchar

EsSzfnP.jpg

A 93rd minute goal. Of course.

Europa Conference League

xnHWgS8.jpg

That actually went better than expected, but it's still not a favourable result before the away leg.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

ejf6ueE.jpg

z7KLpZk.jpg

Really good at the back, toothless up front. All the goals we scored were set pieces.

Europa Conference League

xCEdzHm.jpg

Their goalkeeper was MotM with a 7,2 rating.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

GBmi6ng.jpg

we8tLEu.jpg

Four good performances, only two good results. Please don't repeat what we did last season.

Puchar Polski

t3HOXwC.jpg

Easy enough.

We've earned a trip to Stomil.

So it looks like you dominate the games but have a lot of low percentage chances?

Could it be worth trading the number of shots for better quality ones?

5 hours ago, rodesire said:

So it looks like you dominate the games but have a lot of low percentage chances?

Could it be worth trading the number of shots for better quality ones?

I've tweaked the tactics a bit to create more space up front, it's working pretty fine so far, we just need a little bit of consistency.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

iU1iFSr.jpg

KJDROgj.jpg

YES! We seem to have finally got going and even an early goal from Lech's Divock ****ing Origi couldn't derail us. A late winner ensured a perfect month for us and now we're just two points off the top.

Puchar Polski

bsdEW8G.jpg

A rotated squad couldn't do the job in the cup though.

AnDmcG8.jpg

The opening game of the next month is going to be a bit special then.

Wow, looks like what your team needed to wake up was a crap start to the season. :D Your team might be 4th but is firmly in the title race now! 

17 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Wow, looks like what your team needed to wake up was a crap start to the season. :D Your team might be 4th but is firmly in the title race now! 

At this point I'm used to those crap starts. :D Cheers!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

aM2kSmI.jpg

wAddMBQ.jpg

Feels like I'm playing Random Result Generator 2020.

52 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Finally caught up with this. Great effort so far. :applause:

Thanks mate. :thup:

735wC7W.jpg

Could be our worst intake in a while. I'm curious about the striker though.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2029 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

uvwlFQY.jpg

wvIBrZ2.jpg

:lol:

4 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Yikes. Tough season

The worst thing is that we have numerous shots, but many of them feel rushed and even if we do create a good chance, we waste it more often than not. Meanwhile, the opposition make the most of their set pieces and we keep conceding **** goals and just don't respond to them. I guess more tactical tweaks are necessary...

Tough Tough season.

But we still believe in you.

Cheers,
Bitner 

Resultado de imagem para ônibus pegando fogo

il y a 19 minutes, Bitner a dit :

As the picture can tell  :D

1 hour ago, Bitner said:

Tough Tough season.

Cheers,
Bitner 

Resultado de imagem para ônibus pegando fogo

1 hour ago, Toffle said:

As the picture can tell  :D

Very optimistic. :D

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - January 2030 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

qu1xIXF.jpg

Some nice morale boosters... and a crap draw.

No transfers to report, but Bykowski rejected a £1,9M move to Livorno (Serie B).

2 horas atrás, Rikulec disse:

Very optimistic. :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cheers,
Bitner 

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2030 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

5cVbPY5.jpg

A nice win to end the preparation period.

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

kny3Iph.jpg

yzjNR2f.jpg

Wow, an actual good month! We did need two late goals, but three wins and three clean sheets have put us back in the top half of the table.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2030 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

CihOE6x.jpg

UgrjXkW.jpg

The first half of the month was decent. The second was not.

Youth Intake

MkIPGo5.jpg

I'm not hopeful at all.

Szymon Bulawski

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2030 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

8Qd18P1.jpg

BkyV4Qd.jpg

With top half secured and no chance to get into Europe, I'll be playing our most promising youngsters in the final stage of the season.

At least, no relegation fears.

Good time to blood some young guns.

Cheers,
Bitner

5 hours ago, Bitner said:

At least, no relegation fears.

Good time to blood some young guns.

Cheers,
Bitner

They should benefit from the game time, hopefully they can also get us some points!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2030 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa

D53YhzA.jpg

NYK1kV0.jpg

Hey, we won two games!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2029/30 - Unia Janikowo

PKO BP Ekstraklasa (championship group) - PKO BP Ekstraklasa (relegation group)

Results (Jul-Dec) - Results (Feb-May)

Competition Performance: 8th

Our worst season in a while. Perhaps even the worst since the beginning of the save if we take all expectations into consideration. We could manage a good run or two, but there were also periods where we couldn't even score a goal, let alone win anything. I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong, it's just a matter of finding and resolving the issue.

Puchar Polski

Competition Performance: Second Round

Another year, another letdown.

Superpuchar

Competition Performance: Runners-up

An injury time goal shattered our dreams.

Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: Second Qualifying Round

A respectable showing, given who we were up against.

Squad

On paper this is one of the best teams in the league, it just doesn't work. Some of you will notice there are considerable changes underway. Szalkowski and Zwolinski are also leaving.

Transfers - Finances

We made plenty of money and that's the biggest positive of the period.

Well in the black.

Player of the Season

1st - Tomaz Zupancic - despite the young age he was probably our most consistent performer and also the reason why we managed so many clean sheets in the first part of the season. Shame he's not really developing like I was hoping, but he still has plenty of time to set off.

2nd - Kamil Burman - another good campaign for the defender. At one point I even considered him one of our biggest goalscoring threats, which only shows how desperate I was really. However, only Kopic managed to outscore him in the league. :lol:

3rd - Pavels Bogdanov - a decent showing from the Latvian winger. Eight assists aren't shabby at all, he finally provided some threat up front. I feel he still should have done better though, his finishing was atrocious at times!

Next Season

We simply have to do better than last season. European qualification will be most welcome.

gthzj1w.jpg

A poor season resulted in less prize money, which in turn led to this. :( At least the youth facilities upgrade went through.