• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2021 - Unia Janikowo

II Liga

eSr04T3.jpg

BCVZr7e.jpg

Not the worst of months, but our safety cushion has been reduced to four points. We enter the winter break now, only fourteen games left to play afterwards.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2022 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

2BcHjuY.jpg

Not bad, but we should have beaten Notecianka.

II Liga

oRFn2Lb.jpg

4Q48eii.jpg

A hard-fought victory on the road kicks things off as we're looking better and better in the table. A tough month lies ahead of us, but if we can steer through it and grab some points we should be fine this season.

We didn't make any transfers in or out in the winter window.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2022 - Unia Janikowo

II Liga

bD12d2i.jpg

dwuSK2p.jpg

A brilliant start followed by a worse finish. Still, 7 points from 4 games in our situation mean we don't really have to worry about relegation anymore, we should rather be looking up from now on.

In other news, I've already secured two transfers: one player you'll all love and one player some of you may remember from waaay back. I can't wait for their arrival!

33 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Congrats on the progress so far. Funny to see Ruch Chorzow so low, guess they arent pass their hard times irl yet.

Thanks, and Ruch are in the III Liga now, which is even lower than you see here. They're still having huge financial problems, some time ago I remember they even announced trials days for any players willing to join.

What's also interesting is that no one likes Ruch in Janikowo (or generally around here, excluding Toruń and any Elana fan clubs) because of their relationships with Elana and Widzew, and you can see it when you visit our stadium because of a big writing on one of the walls saying "Ruch zdychaj szmato", which roughly translates to

Spoiler

"die, you whore".

So yeah, we're not exactly friends. :lol:

Edited by Rikulec
let's keep this family friendly

8 hours ago, Bitner said:

Great campaign. 

And i love those rivalries you'll never hear about hahah.

Cheers,
Bitner 

Plenty of animosities in Polish football, you just have to ask the right questions. :lol:

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

Just catching up after the holidays. Congratulations on the promotion and it looks like survival is on the cards this year also!

Thanks! I'm not even worried about surviving anymore, although I don't think we're quite ready for another promotion either. We'll just do our best and see where that leaves us.

I did a few polish lower league saves, and main thing was relatively small difference between I and II liga (in terms of abilities) but when you advance to Ekstraklasa - you'll have a shock when you play Legia, Lechia :D The financial gap between ekstraklasa and I liga is really big so don't be surprised :D

18 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

I did a few polish lower league saves, and main thing was relatively small difference between I and II liga (in terms of abilities) but when you advance to Ekstraklasa - you'll have a shock when you play Legia, Lechia :D The financial gap between ekstraklasa and I liga is really big so don't be surprised :D

Haha, thanks for the heads up. :D The financial gap is definitely something I'm aware of, right now we're bleeding money and I suppose it's going to stay that way until we reach the big time.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2022 - Unia Janikowo

II Liga

PMdKBmP.jpg

YHUX734.jpg

A very up-and-down month means that automatic promotion is most likely out of the question, but we're in a great position to make the play-offs. That's the aim now.

Youth Intake

KhDUinr.jpg

Not as good as I expected, but not terrible either.

Marek Boczek

Aleksander Holtyn

1 hour ago, Bitner said:

Hope you have a strong may and get the promotion, even tho if you get up, you might struggle big time.

Cheers,
Bitner 

1 hour ago, Toffle said:

What a great season so far! I'm glad I was wrong concerning Pawel, a few more goals and play-offs will be very close.

Fingers are crossed!

Thanks a lot guys. :thup:

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2022 - Unia Janikowo

II Liga

65GN5N9.jpg

zYKRzfr.jpg

Arrrgh! After squeezing out a lucky victory at Bytovia we dominated three of the weakest sides in the league, smashing two of them. We failed to beat Stal Rzeszów at home despite the statistics and that turned out to be very, very costly. Playoffs it is then.

We play Bytovia at home in the one-legged semi-final.

xsGnkUb.jpg

Halfway there! Never in doubt after the early goal really, a great performance confirms our good form and sends us into the final.

It's us, Resovia, and 90 (120?) minutes of football in Janikowo. All or nothing.

Edited by Rikulec

kO5VlgH.jpg

NEVER

WRITE

US

OFF

**** me, what a game. 0:2 down at half time, three changes and then four goals from substitutes, including a hat-trick from Szymanski in his last ever game for us. Janikowo won't sleep tonight! :D

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - June 2022 - Unia Janikowo

II Liga

H74YOyv.jpg

You already know the story. The lads' heroics defied all pre-season (hell, even mid-season) expectations and took us all the way through. We're going up... again!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2021/22 - Unia Janikowo

II Liga

Results (Aug-Nov) - Results (Feb-Jun)

Competition Performance: 3rd (promotion via play-offs)

Now who would have thought we'd actually go and get promoted again?! The first part of the season definitely wasn't a sign of things to come, we even went eight games without a win at one point. We really clicked in the winter break despite not making any transfers though and went on to achieve some amazing results. We also kept 11 clean sheets in 16 games including the play-offs which is just ****ing amazing. What a team, what a save this is shaping up to be.

Squad

We have some standout players such as Fabiszewski, Banaszak, Cuch or Chmielewski, but even more importantly we've seen our own youth products like Swierblewski and Grobelny improve largely. I'm not planning a revolution next season, there are three incomings already lined up and I'd only like one more. Bielawski, Zawal, Ruminski, Zielinski, Szymanski and Grochowski are leaving on free transfers in the summer.

Transfers - Finances

None of the players arriving really set the world on fire, but every single one of them was an improvement on what we had before. From that perspective it was a damn good window.

Turns out that FM actually has the thing Polish central league have that's called the Pro Junior System. We're basically paid for playing youngsters - we received £142K at the end of the season, which remarkably put us ever so slightly in the black. Happy times on all fronts!

Player of the Season

1st - Gracjan Fabiszewski - our goalkeeper really stepped up this season, producing some amazing performances and ending the season with 15 clean sheets. He definitely saved us a few points!

2nd - Marcin Banaszak - the heart of our defence. He had the most interceptions in the whole league (198) despite missing two games to suspensions. By far our most reliable player.

3rd - Tomasz Chmielnicki - turns out my scout was right! The kid is developing quickly and there are big clubs sniffing around him. His statistics may not look spectacular, but the hat-trick at Elana is definitely something to remember.

Next Season

Back-to-back promotions are an amazing achievement, but now we could really do with a season or two of consolidation. Let's just stay where we're going.

U2YvQMZ.jpg

mnLsXMl.jpg

3Rzofwk.jpg

TiEh6yo.jpg

wgA88ZV.jpg

This is a proud moment for the club that has only reached this level of football for the second time in its history - the first time we played in the I Liga (or II Liga, as it was actually called back then... yeah, that's a bit complicated) was the 2006/07 season when we finished 16th and went down after losing the relegation play-off on away goals. What I actually should have mentioned is that MLKS Unia Janikowo was dissolved in 2012 because of financial problems. The new club, KS Unia Janikowo, was formed a year later and had to climb the pyramid from its lowest level, which is Klasa B - the 8th tier of Polish football and a very popular source of memes and banter. KS Unia famously won every game in their only season in Klasa B and repeated that the season after in Klasa A - they didn't drop a single point until they reached the 6th tier, which they also won straight after getting promoted. Three seasons in the 5th tier followed before the promotion in 2019.

Can we do better than MLKS Unia and stay up in the I Liga?

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2022/23 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

I Liga: Fight bravely against relegation
Puchar Polski: Be competitive

My Expectations:

I Liga: Stay up.
Puchar Polski: It all depends on who we get really. Some money would be nice.

Budgets:

Transfer: £0
Wage: £10,479 (currently spending £5,055)
Balance: £94,350

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2022/23 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

RDCfg9G.jpg

Always nice to go without conceding.

Transfers

UGSgz3i.jpg

Really happy with how it went through.

Kacper Gach - a definite improvement on the right wing.

Przemyslaw Porebski - an upvote to everyone who remembers him from The Frozen Throne! Really excited to have him.

Przemysław Kędziora - I think he doesn't need an introduction. Chrobry never gave him a chance to play, how silly of them. I'm not complaining though!

Mateusz Dara - a well-rounded player to replace Zawal at DM.

Michal Kot - a short-term loan to cover for Fabiszewski, who's out for two months with an injury.

Adam Waszkiewicz - an experienced, quality right back.

Piotr Swierczewski and Piotr Waszczuk were promoted from the U-18s.

50 minutes ago, Johnny-Trotter said:

Gratulacje! I am interested to see how your further adventures will go.

Dzięki! :D I'm really enjoying the save at the moment, there's definitely something magical about managing a club you actually work at. I just hope I won't start confusing our real players with the ones I have on FM. :lol:

Edited by Rikulec

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2022 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

0ZwuinL.jpg

Ze5BMfC.jpg

Wow, so many things to be excited about! This loanee goalkeeper has turned out to be pretty damn good, Kędziora is firing right away, Swierczewski netted a double coming off the bench in his debut as Stomil completely fell apart after the break, and remarkably we're the only team not to have conceded a goal in the first two games. Long may it continue!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2022 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

uyo0mWh.jpg

mCNpgCH.jpg

We're no longer unbeaten, but it was still a great month that saw us pick up nine points from five games and three more clean sheets. We also have the best attack in the league, and Kędziora's on fire!

Transfers

Przemyslaw Chyrchala - former Jagiellonia player joins on a free to replace Gruszka on the bench.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2022 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

7S2l2p1.jpg

p4CBLGG.jpg

Another good month allows us to remain in the promotion places. We have some tough fixtures coming up though, so I fully expect to drop down a little bit.

Puchar Polski

dO5XsSD.jpg

Boo.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2022 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

dWk7Lry.jpg

3dmJBfA.jpg

As expected, a slightly worse month with just the one win. We still remain in the play-off places.

Transfers

Karol Sobczyk - what were Zagłębie Lubin thinking releasing him on a free? I don't know, but I'll happily take him!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2022 - Unia Janikowo

I Liga

jsf99vG.jpg

OHzm7hg.jpg

A hugely frustrating month, especially the Puszcza game where the FM gods made it very clear that we weren't going to win despite dominating. Still, we're in a great position in the table as we enter the winter break.