FM20: Unia Janikowo - Beyond Football Manager

Rikulec

TzBfvqh.png

FM20: Unia Janikowo - Beyond Football Manager

I'm back, finally! I've wanted to do this save for a few months, but until now I couldn't afford FM20. I finally have it though, and I can get started with something I don't think anyone has really done before. Let's get to it!

The Aim

This is strictly a one-club save, and this is a very special club for me. Specifically, this is the club I coach at - to be precise, I'm the coach of the U10 team. In addition to the regular updates on my progress in FM, I'll also keep you updated on what's going on with our senior team in real life, and I may also slip in an occasional post about my team. You can also ask me about pretty much anything, and I'll be very happy to provide answers for you. I really don't think I've ever been so excited for a save before!

The Manager

TDipOCs.jpg

While in real life I'm exactly 10 years younger and only have the UEFA B licence, for the sake of realism I made myself older and gave myself the appropriate licence for the league level we're at.

The Save

lCWyYzk.jpg

Plenty of European leagues, I want a good simulation.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - New Club - Unia Janikowo

kLhGm8m.jpg

Maybe one day... :D

Club Name: KS Unia Janikowo
Nickname: Unici
Year Founded: 1958
Stadium: im. BolesƂawa Ciesielskiego (4,500 all-seater)

qWJBfjY.jpg

Only 13 players in the squad if you don't count the grey ones, that's not ideal. Thankfully the likes of Mysiak and Kedziora are as good as they should be! Also a nice touch from the researcher to make Mysiak a U18 coach as he's the assistant coach in the U9 side in real life.

YAhdXOa.jpg

Well, I can tell you the real five-year plan is a bit more ambitious than that!

And, finally, how are they doing in real life?

8d6689o.png

In fact, way better than anyone expected! After a rather mediocre start to the season, including a 0:6 defeat at Polonia ƚroda Wielkopolska, they really kicked off and picked up some great results, including dramatic late winners against Mieszko Gniezno and Kotwica KoƂobrzeg and rescuing a draw at KKS Kalisz with the last kick (or, more precisely, last header) of the game. We've just been promoted to this league and before the season started, everyone just wanted to avoid relegation. At halfway point we're in a fantastic position regarding those expectations. It would be extremely difficult to go up since only the league winners do so, but still, barring some catastrophe this should be a very good season.

The highlights so far include PrzemysƂaw Kędziora (15 goals, the club's top scorer and the league's second best) being picked for the league's best XI:

QjWquLC.jpg

And PaweƂ Mądrzejewski scoring an absolute screamer of a free kick in a 6:1 dismantling of BaƂtyk Koszalin (7:45 in the video):

As you can see - so far, so good! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

Already loving this. What a free kick!

:brock:

Everyone went absolutely mental when that went in. :lol:

6 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

Welcome back man, glad to see you've found a save you're excited about, and the personal angle to this is awesome. Will be following!

Glad to see you too, cheers!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2019/20 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

3. Liga: Avoid relegation

My Expectations:

3. Liga: Staying up would be good enough, considering it's our first season after promotion.

Budgets:

Transfer: ÂŁ9,816
Wage: ÂŁ3,358 (currently spending ÂŁ3,019)
Balance: ÂŁ90,069

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2019/20 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

VLBQ9hl.jpg

My assistant did a very good job there.

Transfers

5NGe8ag.jpg

Out of these six, I only brought in Banaszak and Swiderski.

Marcin Banaszak - our new starting centre back, he'll slot in alongside Mysiak.

Bartosz Swiderski - also a new starter, this one's for the right back position.

In addition to these transfers, I also promoted loanees Nikodem Zatorski and Filip Hartwich and our own academy product Mateusz Zielinski from the U18 squad. This leaves us with 18 players in the senior team - a rather tiny squad, but it should be enough considering that we only have the league to worry about.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - August 2019 - Unia Janikowo

3. Liga

WeoNAoy.jpg

RMJqvji.jpg

Well, we're certainly not the most exciting team in the league. I decided to choose a more defensive approach with our pre-season expectations in mind. Safe to say it's working out pretty well as we've only lost once and conceded twice in six games. Later on I'll probably be looking to make some tweaks in order to get more out of our attacking players, but at this point I just want to get as many points on board as possible. Even if it's ugly, I don't care.

Transfers

Jacek Jaroszek - a loanee from our parent club Piast to provide cover for the left back position.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - October 2019 - Unia Janikowo

3. Liga

Bgsyynl.jpg

Nn366cS.jpg

I decided to shift to a more attacking approach and... it's still not working. We've improved visually, creating more chances, but at the same time we're giving away some silly goals and spectacularly wasting what we create. The game against KKS Kalisz was the embodiment of that - Kędziora missed a penalty in the first half and then we gave one away in the 90th minute for the hosts to score. Really frustrating, we desperately need a turnaround. Only three games to go before the winter break.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - November 2019 - Unia Janikowo

3. Liga

T4IUCym.jpg

xcTCJAw.jpg

Finally, a win! And quite a convincing one as well - we only conceded from a stoppage time counter attack. Thanks to that, we'll spend winter outside of the drop zone. Still, plenty of work to do - the margins are thin and I definitely don't want to leave anything to luck here.

Loving this! Amazing that’s it’s your actual club as well. Interesting that they are linked with Lubin in real life. I fancied going them before choosing Czech over Poland. Anyway I’ll be following this closely!! This almost real life strory. 

13 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Loving this! Amazing that’s it’s your actual club as well. Interesting that they are linked with Lubin in real life. I fancied going them before choosing Czech over Poland. Anyway I’ll be following this closely!! This almost real life strory. 

I'm glad that you share my excitement! And ZagƂębie would have been a very good choice for a save, they have one of the best academies in Poland and from what I've seen the game does a good job replicating that. Nice to have you on board!

On 23/12/2019 at 21:29, Rikulec said:

qPOX0YR.jpg

In real life we're actually affiliated to ZagƂębie Lubin, who have one of the best youth academies in Poland, but sadly the game doesn't replicate that.

Well, that's about to change :lol: :D 

4 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

Well, that's about to change :lol: :D 

Haha, great. I think I'm going to add some more stuff there, such as the stadium name that I had to change in the editor before I started the save. Cheers!

1 minute ago, Rikulec said:

Haha, great. I think I'm going to add some more stuff there, such as the stadium name that I had to change in the editor before I started the save. Cheers!

feel free to post any data errors or missings, that's why any lower league save in Poland is a nightmare :D

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - March 2020 - Unia Janikowo

3. Liga

XYtI8wF.jpg

bOx5Mp3.jpg

I can feel the noose tightening around my neck - the board threatened to sack me if I don't win the GĂłrnik Konin game. The lads responded brilliantly though, could this be the turning point?

Edited by Rikulec

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - May 2020 - Unia Janikowo

3. Liga

wbmKVBS.jpg

iv7J2HH.jpg

Yes! Finally, yes! We beat the top two teams one after another thanks to hat-tricks from our main man and went on to draw the next two games, finishing the month unbeaten and five points clear from relegation with just three games to go.

Friendlies

3ZUUzXy.jpg

We had a weekend off at the beginning of the month, so I scheduled an easy friendly to boost morale and perhaps get us firing. Safe to say it worked out quite well!

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - Season Review - 2019/20 - Unia Janikowo

3. Liga

Results (Aug-Nov) - Results (Mar-Jun)

Competition Performance: 9th

The final table paints a very pleasant picture with us 11 points clear of relegation. The reality was gritty for the most part of the season though, and only after a huge upturn in form in May and June did we secure our place in the league in quite a spectacular fashion. I guess next season will tell us how good we actually are.

Squad

Some of our players would be good enough for a bigger side than us, but most of them are at best lower-half standard for the league. The squad needs an overhaul if we're to grow as a club.

Transfers (red line marks my arrival) - Finances

I'm reasonably happy with the players I brought in, no real standouts, but no one really did worse than expected either.

We have no money and I don't think there's much I can do about it.

Player of the Season

1st - PrzemysƂaw Kędziora - who else? We scored 44 goals in the league, 26 of which were his. 19 goals in 17 games after the winter break. 14 goals in the last 7 games of the season. If you still have any doubts, just look at the statistics.

2nd - Dawid Radomski - our main creative force in midfield. He did a good job supplying Kędziora with balls behind the defence, especially towards the end of the season. The kind of player you rarely see in Polish lower... uh, in Polish leagues.

3rd - Maciej Mysiak - perhaps something I should have mentioned earlier - for game 27 at Jarota I moved him to the DM position. We lost that one, but the quality of our play improved massively and then we went on a 7-game unbeaten streak. If only I had thought of that earlier!

Next Season

It would be easy to get carried away considering the way we finished this one, but I'm going to be realistic here. I'll be happy with a top half finish.

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2020/21 - Unia Janikowo

Board Expectations:

3. Liga: Top half finish

My Expectations:

3. Liga: Looks like the board really enjoyed the last season's finish! I guess we'll have to keep up with the expectations.

Budgets:

Transfer: ÂŁ0
Wage: ÂŁ4,283 (currently spending ÂŁ2,414)
Balance: ÂŁ28,526

0gA9jy2.png

Jakub SƂota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2020/21 - Unia Janikowo

Friendlies

RxUujch.jpg

We went unbeaten, even managing to beat two sides that are two tiers above us, WIdzew and Odra.

Transfers

Zw3G9iZ.jpg

Seven new players plus something that I feared the most.

Maciej Warpas - a decent young right back. I still haven't decided whether it will be him or Swiderski to start in that position.

Mateusz Ruminski - he did well on loan last season and he's still young, so I made the deal permanent.

Jakub Paprzycki - a loanee for the left back slot.

Sebastian Cuch - I think he's a very good central defender for our level.

Jakub Gielda - I don't expect him to feature too much, but he was cheap and we needed depth.

Patryk Szymanski - a winger who's much more hard-working and physical than technically skilled, which makes him perfect for our high-pressing system.

Mateusz Zawal - if it really was moving Mysiak to DM that made us click last season, this guy has some big boots to fill after the veteran's departure.

PrzemysƂaw Kędziora - I guess this was inevitable. He had bigger clubs sniffing around him, even ones from abroad. A loan back clause was the best I could do.

Youngsters Marcin Grobelny, Ireneusz Swierblewski and Bartosz Bielawski were also promoted to the first team.