Sports Interactive Community

First question is how can I improve my finances. I’m coming towards the end of my first season with Wigan. I’m in championship yet somehow I’m £5 mill in debt. Firstly how come I’m so In debt when I haven’t spent any money? Also how do I improve that quickly so I have a budget for 2nd season. Secondly how to improve the regens coming through your academy every single year I do Wigan (long term save) I get absolutely no one good enough for even championship level. Thank you for any advice! 

4 minutes ago, Ben Hutton said:

First question is how can I improve my finances. I’m coming towards the end of my first season with Wigan. I’m in championship yet somehow I’m £5 mill in debt. Firstly how come I’m so In debt when I haven’t spent any money? Also how do I improve that quickly so I have a budget for 2nd season. Secondly how to improve the regens coming through your academy every single year I do Wigan (long term save) I get absolutely no one good enough for even championship level. Thank you for any advice! 

1. Buy players to sell for profit, sell high-value players or players on high wages and get lower-cost replacements of a similar level (transfer or loan), see how much prize money / board funding you get at the end of the season.

2. Make board requests to Improve Junior Coaching and Improve Youth Recruitment as often as you can and recruit a good Head of Youth Development to increase the chance of getting good youngsters through your academy. Improve Youth Facilities and recruit good U18 team coaching staff to help them improve faster.

12 minutes ago, Ben Hutton said:

It could be that your wage bill is far higher than your income (gate reciepts, matchday income) so a team like wigan traditionally have lowish crowds for the championship level. Also check out the debts tab, are you repaying any loans off which have a large monthly payment. 

The obvious and best way to get into the black is to get promoted or selling players and reduce your wage bill think thats about all the control you have. Obviously the lower the wage bill means you maybe less competitive so promotion less likely, but then you could go for broke and try to get promotion by overspending and getting into debt, which seems many irl championship clubs do.

17 minutes ago, rockpie said:

1. Buy players to sell for profit, sell high-value players or players on high wages and get lower-cost replacements of a similar level (transfer or loan), see how much prize money / board funding you get at the end of the season.

2. Make board requests to Improve Junior Coaching and Improve Youth Recruitment as often as you can and recruit a good Head of Youth Development to increase the chance of getting good youngsters through your academy. Improve Youth Facilities and recruit good U18 team coaching staff to help them improve faster.

Okay cheers pal, I’ve tried the 2 bullet point but they won’t allow it due to the poor finances so I’ll have to sell players I don’t want to sell unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, deaks500 said:

It could be that your wage bill is far higher than your income (gate reciepts, matchday income) so a team like wigan traditionally have lowish crowds for the championship level. Also check out the debts tab, are you repaying any loans off which have a large monthly payment. 

The obvious and best way to get into the black is to get promoted or selling players and reduce your wage bill think thats about all the control you have. Obviously the lower the wage bill means you maybe less competitive so promotion less likely, but then you could go for broke and try to get promotion by overspending and getting into debt, which seems many irl championship clubs do.

Okay cheers I’ll try some of your tips. I will have to sell my key players to try gain a bit of money