Sports Interactive Community
rafaelrubin7

The game does not open, black screen - staging. version fm 2020 20.2.3-1330207

What is the issue that you're having? Is the game crashing when you launch the game, and if so can you attach the crash dump file on here, please? The crash dump file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\crash dumps

We would also suggest you to read this FAQ and see if it helps, please?

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\crash dumps 

this folder has not exist. I am reinstall the game yet

image.thumb.png.0630b9fc3764a882023fd7577d61d283.png

The game opens, but the screen goes black, so in the task manager it looks like the image above. The game was working until the last update. It gave this error, so I reinstalled the game and the error continued ...

I do not use custom graphics / skins / logos. I also deleted the folder from my documents when I installed the game again. I checked the files and the error persists.

Can you try launching the game in windowed mode, please?

1. Right-click on the game title under the Library in Steam and select Properties.

2. Under the General tab click the Set launch options... button.

3. Enter the launch options "-windowed" and click OK.

4. Close the game's Properties window and launch the game.

Let us know if this launches the game, please. Thanks.

Hi, tried all the above without success. Is there anything further i can do (I have an Apple computer if that makes any difference)

Thanks 

I have the same problem, or almost the same problem. The difference is that the game opens, and before it reaches the loading part, it gives two Windows error sounds and simply the game closes. No message appears, no warning appears. It simply closes. Already updated the drivers, verified the files on Steam, deleted the cache folders and I don't know what to do anymore. Here is my dxdiag:

DxDiag.txt

On 27/12/2019 at 12:57, Jimmy Wong said:

Você pode tentar iniciar o jogo no modo janela, por favor?

1. Clique com o botão direito do mouse no título do jogo na Biblioteca no Steam e selecione Propriedades.

2. Na guia Geral, clique no botão Definir opções de inicialização ....

3. Digite as opções de inicialização "-windowed" e clique em OK.

4. Feche a janela Propriedades do jogo e inicie o jogo.

Deixe-nos saber se isso inicia o jogo, por favor. Obrigado.

It worked. 
Thank you. 
Happy New Year.

hello I am new to football manger and really looking forward to playing it however it does not load when I click it I have tried everything it just pops up black then does not work any suggestions 

18 hours ago, jamelrees8 said:

hello I am new to football manger and really looking forward to playing it however it does not load when I click it I have tried everything it just pops up black then does not work any suggestions 

Please read the FAQ thread and as requested in there, open your own thread for help with this

That's an issue we are aware of, typically it is down to computer specs. 

Are you able to play it maxed out on window mode? I.e, the screen is stretched to all 4 cornerS?

10 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Esse é um problema que estamos cientes, normalmente depende das especificações do computador. 

Você é capaz de reproduzi-lo ao máximo no modo janela? Ou seja, a tela é esticada para todos os 4 cantos?

yes, the screen can be stretched to the 4 corners, but when stretched it the screen is black, as the image.

image.thumb.png.6fb4ed6a8ecf6b111f753e7f70a4483b.png

I'm afraid in the meantime, if it isn't too inconvenient, could you use Jimmy's troubleshooting method above to continue playing in windowed mode? 

Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics cards as well and see if that helps? 

On 03/01/2020 at 23:20, Jimmy Wong said:

Great - Thanks for letting us know and Happy New Year!

before i can play it normal but i give addon face megapack and still can play normall but when i download megapack logo it going black screen .i already re install and delete all graphics folder in sport interactive folder  still black screen even with windowed mode still black screen. please help mee

On 31/01/2020 at 15:08, Tiarkausar said:

before i can play it normal but i give addon face megapack and still can play normall but when i download megapack logo it going black screen .i already re install and delete all graphics folder in sport interactive folder  still black screen even with windowed mode still black screen. please help mee

Sounds like a problem specifically with the graphics you're trying to use so would suggest removing them and if you want to use them, do so in small batches as a trial and error to see which specifically cause problems with your game. 

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Sounds like a problem specifically with the graphics you're trying to use so would suggest removing them and if you want to use them, do so in small batches as a trial and error to see which specifically cause problems with your game. 

i already delete all and i reset my pc and reinstall steam and fm20 but still blackscreen, now i trying to download driver graphic card i hope good result.i so frustated