Sports Interactive Community
vlade5

time to gain citizenship info is missing

Hi guys, Im playing in the spanish top league as FC Andorra manager, i signed 3 south american young players (Matias Palacios from San Lorenzo and 2 regens) but months passed and I cannot se the citizenship countdown. Its not like they doesn't want to nazionalise/naturalise, its that the days left to be able to gain the citizenship info doesnt appear where it should.

This is something happened in fm19 everytime with different teams and its frustrating, anyone can help?

palacios1.png

palacios2.png

Got the same issue too, does this mean that young players of forgien nationality will never be classed as home grown ? 

The reason for this is because the team is in Andorra, and the length of time to get citizenship there via naturalisation (like the 2 years for South American players, etc, in Spain) is 25 years. They won't get Spanish citizenship, because the team isn't based in Spain.

Essentially, your non-EU players will never get Andorran nationality, it won't happen, and so your only option would be to loan them out to other Spanish teams for a couple of years to get them Spanish citizenship instead.

Edited by JordanMillward_1

I get this too, currently playing in Russia. 

Is it because no body can become a citizen in Russia who isnt Russian, very much like China  ?

11 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

The reason for this is because the team is in Andorra, and the length of time to get citizenship there via naturalisation (like the 2 years for South American players, etc, in Spain) is 25 years. They won't get Spanish citizenship, because the team isn't based in Spain.

Essentially, your non-EU players will never get Andorran nationality, it won't happen, and so your only option would be to loan them out to other Spanish teams for a couple of years to get them Spanish citizenship instead.

You are right, I didnt realize. Thanks!

On 22/12/2019 at 00:15, thehig2 said:

Is it because no body can become a citizen in Russia who isnt Russian, very much like China  ?

Can you post a screenshot of that?

Because I am playing in Russia right now and have my Nigerian top player show 1587 days needed to eligibility with 238 days completed.

On 21/12/2019 at 23:15, thehig2 said:

Didn't Elkeson play for China after playing there for the required amount of years irl?

1 hour ago, Johnsey said:

Didn't Elkeson play for China after playing there for the required amount of years irl?

Yes he did

4 hours ago, Johnsey said:

Maybe because hes rich, have a couple friends who have lived in China 10+ years and will never be citizens.

On 23/12/2019 at 10:29, Wolf_pd said:

Can you post a screenshot of that?

Because I am playing in Russia right now and have my Nigerian top player show 1587 days needed to eligibility with 238 days completed.

For Russia it depends if your player has already declared for another nation or not.

If the player is already capped for another country they won't be able to take Russian citizenship as they're already tied to another national team.

Your Nigerian player must not yet be capped for Nigeria, so he is still eligible for Russian citizenship as he could end up playing for them after taking the citizenship.

He has been capped for Nigeria and his eligibility is still being counted. The eligibility is for him  being not counted as a foreign player anymore since Russia has a foreign player quotum.

3 minutes ago, Fritz13 said:

I’m experiencing this in England

possibly after Brexit?   show us what's going on... 

9 hours ago, rinso said:

possibly after Brexit?   show us what's going on... 

It also happened to me after brexit but only with players who were in the UK before hand, I had the brexit where any overseas player needs a permit except anyone already in the UK so i assumed that was why it vanished for those players

Pretty weird, I am also playing with FC Andorra and have a guy that's on his way to becoming eligible.

Only one though, the box is empty for all my other players:

1f1531c941effd7d0cec5b59de507110.png

On 25/12/2019 at 10:28, cris182 said:

It also happened to me after brexit but only with players who were in the UK before hand, I had the brexit where any overseas player needs a permit except anyone already in the UK so i assumed that was why it vanished for those players

only had one existing foreign player who has now got UK citizenship even though I know I’ve got 5+ who have been in UK for the required time