Trying to build around a young promising playmaker

He's presented quite a challenge. I snapped him up cheaply as looked promising, but is lacking strength in a couple of key stats that stops him being really dominant as either a defensive playmaker or attacking midfielder role. He's got 'dictate tempo' and 'comes deep to get ball' as traits.  

I've picked mezzalas either side just through trial and error and they seem to support the attacking wide players best at creating chances and working the ball into the box.

But would welcome any feedback on the setup as a whole, and how to get the most out of building my team around a 'heartbeat of the team' player.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Testing - Playmaker 4-3-3.fmf

Edited by CaptainPlanet
11 hours ago, CaptainPlanet said:

Untitled2.png

11 hours ago, CaptainPlanet said:

would welcome any feedback on the setup as a whole

Before I comment on the attacking part of your tactic (including your promising youngster), I want to ask how are you faring defensively?

Because this setup does not look defensively solid, both in terms of roles/duties and instructions. And given that in the world of tactics everything is interrelated, a poor defensive setup can affect your attacking performance, as well as the other way around,

Drop the DLP(s) into the 6 position, have one Mez turned into a CM(D) or BWM(D) in the center midfield.  That way you have space deep for the playmake to collect and receive the ball and he will push forward ahead of the defensively-minded midfielder.  He also provides security by being more deep when you lose possession.  The center backs should not be BPD because they will bypass your playmaker.  Just make them CD.

13 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Before I comment on the attacking part of your tactic (including your promising youngster), I want to ask how are you faring defensively?

Because this setup does not look defensively solid, both in terms of roles/duties and instructions. And given that in the world of tactics everything is interrelated, a poor defensive setup can affect your attacking performance, as well as the other way around,

Not too badly - watching the matches I just dominate possession and the midfield and the opposition is constantly on the backfoot, with their best chances coming on the counter or from set pieces.

Untitled.png

3 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Well, your results are really very good (actually great), and clearly better than the tactic itself. I don't see why are you actually asking for help on the forum? 

+1 Excellent results. You must be top of the league?