Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
freq1111

Son in football manager

hey guys i am playing fm20 with a team in germany but i am trying to get a son but every team i am at the youth intake the same names are popping up. Is that something new in fm20? Help me please!?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb freq1111:

hey guys i am playing fm20 with a team in germany but i am trying to get a son but every team i am at the youth intake the same names are popping up. Is that something new in fm20? Help me please!?

It's random, you should be early 30 as a manager for the best chance, but it's rare.

I think I've read that the odds of it happening are around 1 in 10,000, no matter how long you've been at the club. But I could be mistaken

yeah it's extremely rare, not sure on the exact odds, did see a post a bit back, will see if i can find it.. I've been playing since fm08, all long term saves, and only ever had one son... 

6 minutes ago, gibbo11 said:

I think I've read that the odds of it happening are around 1 in 10,000, no matter how long you've been at the club. But I could be mistaken

this ^ :thup:

You have to be at least 34 years old.  Time at club doesn’t matter.  I have had a son in my first season.

To the OP, you can’t re-load the intake date itself for a son in FM20 since unlike in previous versions, the players are set in advance.

I had one once years back but had terrible stats so didn't even give him a youth contract. I guess that's what he got for taking after his mother....

10 hours ago, sorrenmills said:

Been playing FM pretty much since forever. Never seen a regen son :(

Same :(

I had a son in my first youth intake in my first save in FM20! That's the first time I've seen it so it was pot luck. His name was Myles.

On 19/12/2019 at 22:23, sorrenmills said:

Been playing FM pretty much since forever. Never seen a regen son :(

Same here. Though even worse I think was in FM14 I had a player come through with the same surname, but wasn’t listed as a favoured person so wasn’t a son

Never had one in what must be well over a thousand youth intakes now.

This is the one thing I have been tempted to reload for just to have a career with my son but the odds are too low.

I've actually had three over the years, which seems to go against the trend with everyone else!

This is a little hobby though - finding those of other staff (shame I can't search for brother, father etc in favoured person list)

4757956cf48987dcbd60d0d49d210457.png

c69c4c90370da322c5d48dbafab5c305.png

I have no real scouting knowledge and I'm playing without attributes but I can post if wanted - he's got 6 goals in 36 EPL games to date.

6 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I've actually had three over the years, which seems to go against the trend with everyone else!

This is a little hobby though - finding those of other staff (shame I can't search for brother, father etc in favoured person list)

I have no real scouting knowledge and I'm playing without attributes but I can post if wanted - he's got 6 goals in 36 EPL games to date.

Haha quality. Wish this happened more often, it's very rare that I have seen this and I look for it all the time!

I totally agree that it would be great to have a search function for relatives.

Never had one myself, but it would be really cool if you search for relatives. Developing other former player's or manager's relatives would be really interesting.

39 minutes ago, Anthony Kenna said:

Never had one myself, but it would be really cool if you search for relatives. Developing other former player's or manager's relatives would be really interesting.

It would be great if it was detailed enough that as Arsenal manager I would be notified when D'Margio Wright-Phillips makes his career debut because Ian Wright is a club legend for example. Or even a media report where the fans want me to sign him because of the connection if his CA gets up to being good enough for my level.

I got a son for the first time in any FM ever in my current save. First season at the current club, 3rd season in game. 

He's garbage of course, but I'll be signing him wherever I go, just for the bants. 

9 hours ago, likesiamesefish said:

It would be great if it was detailed enough that as Arsenal manager I would be notified when D'Margio Wright-Phillips makes his career debut because Ian Wright is a club legend for example. Or even a media report where the fans want me to sign him because of the connection if his CA gets up to being good enough for my level.

Yes. I would like the game to make more of the media, as in stories within the game.

Off topic, but I played a team that had previously sacked me (in the same season) and there was nothing about it in the match build up. There wasn't a single question even in the pre match interview! I think S.I. should put more into the stories within the game, and you're right about getting the fans to have opinions based on links the the player, like the son of a legend for example.

I've never had a son on FM (or, indeed, in real-life), but I did once face a Dover team whose newgen goalkeeper was the 'son' of their manager. I thought that was quite cool at first... and then I read this article about Dad:herman:

I also had TWO sets of newgen brothers in my Dagenham team on FM13, but newgen brothers/sons still seem too rare to me. With more and more sons of ex-professionals coming into football these days (I hear that Alf Inge Haaland's lad is quite decent :p), I'd love to see FM reflect this better.

Ive never had a son in game ever, good job really as i hate kids lol Had my 1st player come out as gay recently , in the Polish league as well 

Had it once.

He was crap :( 

Blamed the wife. Wife blamed me. What can do you? :D 

Ah rats, started a thread about this Before i saw this one, i thought the regen could end up anywhere so i was looking through all regens with the same last name as me. dont i look stupid now haha :)