Sports Interactive Community
Chriso

Touch controls not working correctly

Since the latest two updates of the game the touch controls have stopped working correctly. Things are opening when you dont select them and the game is basically unplayable with this issue! 

Plus one on this. I’m experiencing the exact same issues. For me it’s mostly issues wile scrolling in long lists, things in the list gets marked when I intend to just scroll down or up. 

Hi Guys,

Sorry you are experiencing issues.

Could you let me know which devices you are using and its model number so we can investigate further. This can be found via Settings > General > About > Model. 

Thanks,

Harrison

Also had the same issue on iPad mini 2. Convinced my fiancée it was the old, wish I’d come on here first as I’ve just ordered a new one!

Hi guys,

The issue highlighted by @bjohansson has been recorded and past onto our Dev Team to investigate. Is there any other instances where you are experiencing issues with Touch Control?

Thanks,

Harrison

5 hours ago, Harrison Modeste said:

Hi guys,

The issue highlighted by @bjohansson has been recorded and past onto our Dev Team to investigate. Is there any other instances where you are experiencing issues with Touch Control?

Thanks,

Harrison

Either they get highlighted or, if scrolling on the left hand side, it clicks onto the players profile or his country, depending where you press. Means you can’t select multiple players to scout in the transfer market

16 minutes ago, Harrison Modeste said:

Thanks @Lukecouchman,

I'll forward this information on.

I am having the same issue on IPAD PRO, Making the game unplayable!! any update would be great!

2 hours ago, Harrison Modeste said:

Thanks @Lukecouchman,

I'll forward this information on.

As soon as you attempt to scroll, wherever you start the “drag” it does the action as if you’ve just tapped

On 20/12/2019 at 09:27, bjohansson said:

Plus one on this. I’m experiencing the exact same issues. For me it’s mostly issues wile scrolling in long lists, things in the list gets marked when I intend to just scroll down or up. 

I have the same issue. Im playing on a iPad 5th gen (MP2H2KN/A).

its up on the "release" Event of the Finger. You can scroll "out of bounds" to not load the Next screen. 

Device: iPad 7th Gen, the latest one

bug: When scrolling long lists I cannot click the arrow to go further down the list it always selects the last thing that can be seen.

Examples:

1) When selecting bid price for transfer you have to physically type in anything above £2.5m.

2) When trying to set wages to be paid for loan player you can select at maximum 90% of player’s wages, you cannot select or type in 100%. Resulting in rejections of the loans.

These are just two examples, basically every long list is broken. You cannot scroll.

I am a software tester in my job so forgive me for being very extra about this lol! 

On my iPad Pro 11” with Apple Pencil, have to tap a players name multiple times before it opens up into his player screen. Scrolling (as others have mentioned) is a nightmare, for me personally it’s unplayable. I’ve got my first refund from the App Store, I’m hoping it’s fixed and in the future I may repurchase it again, but for the immediate future I’m out.

On 23/12/2019 at 19:42, Lukecouchman said:

As soon as you attempt to scroll, wherever you start the “drag” it does the action as if you’ve just tapped

Same for me on the iPad. Happened after an update a couple of weeks ago as it as working when I posted my bug about save files (27/11/19). Quite a bit of tapping for a £100 mill bid!! 🤣

On 29/12/2019 at 23:59, Kevanova said:

Same for me on the iPad. Happened after an update a couple of weeks ago as it as working when I posted my bug about save files (27/11/19). Quite a bit of tapping for a £100 mill bid!! 🤣

Same for me, was straight after one of the updates, that’s why I just presumed it was the iPad!

Same for me also on iPad Air 2. Same issues as those encountered above. Particularly annoying for contract negotiations, especially loans where you get stuck and unable to ask for 100% of wages in some scenarios.

Found an interim measure @Lukecouchman and @Jamesheal!

If you grab a price and drag it up beyond the ‘fee’ box (towards ‘make an offer’) then it will stick without going away. Hope this helps find a fix too 👍🏻

Can we please get an update on why this still hasn’t been fixed?! The game is still unplayable! 

As others have said it seems to select not on press but finger release hence the issue. An example would be for me when selecting playing % wage on a loan. I have to scroll, then move my finger away from the % drop down, so that nothing is highlighted and then you can release without selecting and get the thing you want with a normal press. 

this is tighter to achieve on pages like the tactics menu or the scouting pages where the lists are full width of the iPad.

would be good to resolve this as it is annoying. 

Playing on iPad (7th Gen). Just bought the game and trying to select Spanish league from start up menu but anytime I want to scroll down it selects last highlighted country for me. The workaround here is to "go out of bounds" as someone suggested but it's really annoying...

I’m guessing this issue hasn’t been rectified yet?

Shame, I was gonna buy it again later this week. I’ll carry on with FM19 in the meantime until a fix has been implemented.

Have seen a very minor improvement - when selecting a match squad and swapping players in and out it no longer opens up the profile of every single player you interact with (man, that was annoying). It has started going a bit mental with auto scrolling though on that squad selection page though, at least on my iPad Pro Air 2 anyway. Way more usable than it was though so, slowly slowly catchy monkey. Starting a new game is a bit of a challenge with the outstanding bugs - picking a nationality for example is pretty limiting.

On 28 December 2019 at 00:36, Absm__ said:

Device: iPad 7th Gen, the latest one

bug: When scrolling long lists I cannot click the arrow to go further down the list it always selects the last thing that can be seen.

Examples:

1) When selecting bid price for transfer you have to physically type in anything above £2.5m.

2) When trying to set wages to be paid for loan player you can select at maximum 90% of player’s wages, you cannot select or type in 100%. Resulting in rejections of the loans.

These are just two examples, basically every long list is broken. You cannot scroll.

I am a software tester in my job so forgive me for being very extra about this lol! 

This is the exact problem I'm still having on my iPad Air 2 on ios 13.3.1

if there is a long list I can't reach the top or bottom to select things. Like trying to set Sub 12 on in team selection I swipe down and only get to Number 9 and it doesn't swipe any further. Happens trying to select a country when I'm scouting. Making offers. Really annoying and from what people have said this was broke by FM 20 as it worked perfectly on 19!

Just bought the game for iPad Pro 12.9" 4th gen. Having the same issues with scrolling on lists as people have been describing here for the last 4 months. Has this not been resolved yet? If not, is it still being worked on?

If there is not likely to be a fix I will request a refund as this makes the game unplayable. There are scroll lists on almost every screen with the same problems.

Thanks

Hi Harrison and SI team,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy. I’ve just purchased FM20 Touch for my iPad Pro 10.5 and was very eager to start gameplay. Unfortunately, I was shocked by the touch control issues regarding scrolling through drop down lists. I was even more shocked coming on to SI forums to find out that this issue has been around since Dec 2019.

I just want to find out if the team is working on OR even have plans for a fix to resolve this issue. Unfortunately there are scrolling lists in all aspects of the gameplay and this issue pretty much makes the game unplayable. I’d understand if SI does not prioritize developer resources to fixing this in such trying times, but that would also suggest that FM Touch and FM Touch users are probably not a high priority for SI at this time as well.

This is a crucial crucial bug and I’m afraid if there are no plans for a fix, I would have to ask for my first ever refund from Apple App Store as well which would be a real shame to all the hard work that has been put into this product - only to have it let down by one key bug which renders the whole game unplayable.

Hi,

Thank you for your concerns about our safety, we're all trying to keep well by staying at home during this period.

This issue is still being looked into but unfortunately we're unable to promise that there will be an update that fixes this issue or any other.

Apologies that this issue is taking away from your experience playing our game.

Thanks again and stay safe,

Harrison

Posted (edited)

Ipad Air 3, Same issue. I can't change year of birth(create manager screen), only 1978 and older. It worked in February, but quick substitutions in the match hardly worked. Now the substitutions seem to be fixed.

Edited by beliayev

Hi

Having the same scrolling issues and to be honest I don’t really want the game if it does not work properly. Tried to request a refund through Apple but says it does not qualify for refund or something along those lines. How do I go about requesting a refund?

thanks