Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
ryandormer

Training intensity levels

Recommended Posts

How does everybody set their players' individual training intensities:

image.thumb.png.32c40b841d5090141802fedf99f5527d.png

And the 'auto' setting:

image.thumb.png.1dd3efce9d08624331f105d7c44af08e.png

Do you stick with 'automatic', follow physio's recommendations or use other setting?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ryandormer said:

How does everybody set their players' individual training intensities:

image.thumb.png.32c40b841d5090141802fedf99f5527d.png

And the 'auto' setting:

image.thumb.png.1dd3efce9d08624331f105d7c44af08e.png

Do you stick with 'automatic', follow physio's recommendations or use other setting?

Thank you

I always set to Double Intensity for every single player until certain individuals complain about high workload, then I reduce it to Normal for them but keep Double on everyone who can handle it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockpie said:

I always set to Double Intensity for every single player until certain individuals complain about high workload, then I reduce it to Normal for them but keep Double on everyone who can handle it.

Do you find it leads to injuries? Is player development noticeably quicker/better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ryandormer said:

Do you find it leads to injuries? Is player development noticeably quicker/better?

Doesn't seem to lead to extra injuries, but I try to make sure my team sessions include enough rest and recovery to try and manage that (unless it's preseason, in which case they can suffer). Managing game-time helps too.

Always happy with my player development, yeah. Although I imagine it's not the optimal approach for every single player. Like I say, you have to listen to them and if they complain about it being too much then maybe Normal is better for that guy.

Generally though, professional and determined players won't complain.

Every time I get a training report (monthly), I praise players who have a training rating of 9.0 or better and criticize those at 6.6 or lower. Praising or criticizing too much can make them not care about the feedback though, so after a couple of times I'll wait a few months before commenting on that player again.

If they are complaining about training workload AND consistently performing badly in training, they get sold / replaced.

Edited by rockpie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...