What whould you change at this tactic ?

Hello guys,

I manage KFUM Oslo in the second norwegian league and i'm trying to find the best 4-2-3-1 for my team.

My tactic sounds like that at this moment.

And I was wondering if you can assist me with some advices to tweak this tactic.

I want my team to play some kind of pass and move football, even if my players are kind of limited.

As player instructions I use next :

For my CD's - fewer risky passes

fullbacks - shoot less often

CM(D) - Shoot less often

AMR,AML,AMC,ST - Close down more

AMC - Move into channels

AMR/L - Shoot less often

I feel like my team is weel organised in defence, but i don't like the way they act when we have the ball and the problem seems to be in attack.The link between my AMC and ST doesn't work.Sometimes they stay in the same position and I don't understand why my amc always go in the same position as my striker.I would like my AMC to be in the other side of my Target man when we have the ball, so we can create more spaces.More like a 4-4-2 in attack.

Thank you for your advices and sorry for my bad english as is not my first language.

Have a great day,

1.png

36 minutes ago, BoGdy said:

I would like my AMC to be in the other side of my Target man when we have the ball, so we can create more spaces.More like a 4-4-2 in attack.

in order of pulling this of, you could try to shift your AMC slightly to the left, and your TM slightly to the right. 

9 hours ago, BoGdy said:

The link between my AMC and ST doesn't work.Sometimes they stay in the same position and I don't understand why my amc always go in the same position as my striker

Change the AMC into SS and/or remove the Work ball into box. But even with this tweak, I fear your tactic is still going to lack any meaningful penetration (the problem of insufficient support from deeper areas).

On top of that, both your formation (4231) and style of play you want to achieve ("I want my team to play some kind of pass and move football") could well mean you are asking a bit too much from your players: 

9 hours ago, BoGdy said:

I manage KFUM Oslo in the second norwegian league

9 hours ago, BoGdy said:

even if my players are kind of limited

13 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Change the AMC into SS and/or remove the Work ball into box. But even with this tweak, I fear your tactic is still going to lack any meaningful penetration (the problem of insufficient support from deeper areas).

On top of that, both your formation (4231) and style of play you want to achieve ("I want my team to play some kind of pass and move football") could well mean you are asking a bit too much from your players: 

I was thinking to play with both fullbacks on attack duty to offer more support for advanced players. I don't want to have my wingers on attack duty, because that will leave me with my fullback defending alone. 

I know i will suffer on the transition phase in most of the cases because of my limited players, but this is a long term philosophy which I want to be implemented.With time we should do better (chemistry, better players). 

Thank you very much for your advices. Waiting for new ones. 

9 hours ago, BoGdy said:

I was thinking to play with both fullbacks on attack duty to offer more support for advanced players

Both fullbacks on attack duty is not a good idea in a 4231, especially for a weak team. One FB on attack is okay (as long as he has proper defensive cover from his CM). 

9 hours ago, BoGdy said:

I don't want to have my wingers on attack duty, because that will leave me with my fullback defending alone

Depending on what you want - and what your players are capable of - you can have one winger (i.e. wide forward) on attack and the other on support. As with the fullbacks, I would never play them both on attack duty. And if you use a winger/wide forward on attack duty, make sure he is not on the same flank as the FB on attack duty. Always pay attention to the balance of your setup. 

Here is an example of what might work for a team like yours using a 4231:

TMsu

IWsu         SS             Wat

CMde    BBM

FBat    CD    CD    WBde

However, some instructions would probably need to be tweaked as well.