Sports Interactive Community
craiigman

Thoughts on this 42310 narrow

Idea came to my head at work so ignore the current players, and even the TI’s for the moment. This is more for the roles and duties.

Thoughts:

Back line and keeper fairly standard. Cover duty on CD to help with long balls. Wing backs to help support the wide areas.

Now it gets a bit different in the midfield. Two SV’s on attack to work a bit like deeper box to box mids bombing forward past the CM(d) who will hold the middle. Was thinking maybe a DLP(d) as could work as an amazing pivot for the SV’s.

Two attacking mezzalas to push wider to allow the SV’s to run through and offer passing options.

Was going to go with a F9 but think might get too isolated so think SS would offer best solution for those bombing forward.

Areas of concern: is 5 attacking duties overkill? Thinking maybe having 1 SV and 1 MEZ on opposite sides as support might be less risky but still get same results?

E5827B7C-2F51-4C1D-9184-783C9D6B99A0.png

I’ve decided to continue with Arsenal even though the squad is not really the best for this system. There are a couple of players who do fit nicely though so will see how it goes. I made the change late in pre-season so didn’t have time to sell the players who don’t fit the system, notably Laca and Auba, but maybe able to get them to work.

I did sign Zeca from Kopenhagen before swapping to this and then signed Ajer as cover in defence as I’m about to unleash David Luiz. First game of the season is vs Liverpool so I’m ready to get thrashed. 

5FCD0620-C114-4578-99FC-24828F3A7EA7.png

22 hours ago, craiigman said:

I’ve decided to continue with Arsenal even though the squad is not really the best for this system. There are a couple of players who do fit nicely though so will see how it goes. I made the change late in pre-season so didn’t have time to sell the players who don’t fit the system, notably Laca and Auba, but maybe able to get them to work.

I did sign Zeca from Kopenhagen before swapping to this and then signed Ajer as cover in defence as I’m about to unleash David Luiz. First game of the season is vs Liverpool so I’m ready to get thrashed. 

5FCD0620-C114-4578-99FC-24828F3A7EA7.png

Its looks a bit mad but as im an Arsenal fan im curious how this turns out, how did you get on against Liverpool?

2 minutes ago, dcaine100 said:

Its looks a bit mad but as im an Arsenal fan im curious how this turns out, how did you get on against Liverpool?

Not very well, their wing backs just kept coming, relentless. We didn't trouble them much going other way either. Tactic probably not that great, but could also be Liverpool being very good and not having the right players for the system. Lost 4-1 and ended with 9 players.