Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Valleyg

Player relationship links

This is about the lines that appear between players as displayed in the tactics line up for a match.

I'm not sure how long this has been in the game, but I don't think I've ever seen a striker with a link to anyone.

This year my tactic has had 1 striker and 1 advanced playmaker behind him, plus 2 inverted wingers. The tactic works fine, it's just that I never see any kind of relationship line to the striker, even when playing with 2 strikers in fm2019. I don't buy/sell a huge amount of players over the 3 seasons I have played fm2020. I have consistently developed links between full back to wingers, centre back to other centre back, and centre midfield to other centre midfield, so I know that both vertical and horizontal links are possible. I have never seen a link to a striker or attacking midfielder playing behind the striker, or between a centre back to full back. Also never seen a link to a keeper. Might be nice to see the keeper develop a tactical relationship with the defenders. Are these links possible and have you developed them in your team?

havertz to Martinez.. been about 18 months.. , have to agree on the fb to cb and gk ones though.. however, i cannot say that I have specifically looked that them.. 

edit to add, not sure i have seen one from CM to AMC.. 

team.png

Edited by rinso

4 minutes ago, rinso said:

havertz to Martinez.. been about 18 months.. , have to agree on the fb to cb and gk ones though.. however, i cannot say that I have specifically looked that them.. 

edit to add, not sure i have seen one from CM to AMC.. 

team.png

Nice! Thanks for the reply, it's good to know it's possible. Strange I always seem to get the same links develop for the same positions.

aye no worries :) interested to see if anyone has for the other positions, and will try n keep an eye out on mine..