Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
jdubsnz

No wins in 10 - help!

Hi all,

Took the Crystal Palace job when they were 18th in January.  Have brought in some good players but just can't buy a win, we haven't had a win in 10 games in the league. I've tried zeus by @Totalfootballfan, northern soul and Sicilian by @knap, the milan tweak and nothing! the squads morale is really low so not sure if that is affecting it but playing FM Touch so no need to let tactics bed in.  Any suggested tactics to download for a relegation battle would be greatly appreciated!

Similar situation... plug and play tactics this year just aren't great it seems compared to previous years. Which is a shame as it takes enjoyment out of the game for those that don't have the time to put together tactics of their own.

On 19/12/2019 at 13:00, cgonzalez said:

Similar situation... plug and play tactics this year just aren't great it seems compared to previous years. Which is a shame as it takes enjoyment out of the game for those that don't have the time to put together tactics of their own.

Lad I think you have thangs mixed up.

I'll clarify it for ya: theres really no such thing as a "plug and play" tactic , you need obviously to build a team around a tactic and what not and have the right players staff etc in previous version as well.

Whether you "tweak" the tactic or not or even make your own its not a problem that "plug and play tactics don't work" but rather tactics in GENERAL don't work.

I can bet my house you won't create any better tactic than the current top tactics out there posted by knapp , tff etc. If their tactic doesn't get your team to perform then your "own work"  wont either.

Tweak it all you want , you would probably get the tactic to only be worse and less efficient than what it is.. The tactics posted are already polished and  nothing you can do will really get them much better.

I never once saw a tweaked tactic raise any substantial interest and the vast majority of them test worse than the original.

The problem this year is the match engine is scripted to NOT ALLOW any tactic to really do any kind of significant over achievement aside from obvious often mention flaws in the engine like overhead balls , missed one on one chances (about 5% conversion) , rediculous defense mistakes etc.

On 18/12/2019 at 18:43, jdubsnz said:

Hi all,

Took the Crystal Palace job when they were 18th in January.  Have brought in some good players but just can't buy a win, we haven't had a win in 10 games in the league. I've tried zeus by @Totalfootballfan, northern soul and Sicilian by @knap, the milan tweak and nothing! the squads morale is really low so not sure if that is affecting it but playing FM Touch so no need to let tactics bed in.  Any suggested tactics to download for a relegation battle would be greatly appreciated!

I wouldn't expect Knapps tactics to work with a team that's stuggling and rarely favourite in games.

Posting your team on here might help someone suggest something, if your not to far in the same enough people will have enoigh knowledge of palaces sqaud to help

22 minutes ago, thehig2 said:

I wouldn't expect Knapps tactics to work with a team that's stuggling and rarely favourite in games.

Posting your team on here might help someone suggest something, if your not to far in the same enough people will have enoigh knowledge of palaces sqaud to help

In that case elaborate what and who's tactics you expect to work with a team thats struggling and rarely favourite in games.?:kriss::stop:

Just now, magicnutt said:

In that case elaborate what and who's tactics you expect to work with a team thats struggling and rarely favourite in games.?:kriss::stop:

No one's, needs a tactic made for the team not a downloaded one.

6 minutes ago, thehig2 said:

No one's, needs a tactic made for the team not a downloaded one.

Thats a load of bull. Also "know their squad" what exactly is so special about their squad as opposed to ANY side that we need to "know" it?I look at it for myself and in 1 minute I know it..

And what makes you think that someone is about to tailor a tactic that is "special" for that team and it would work any better than the forum tactics downloadable??

Lad I took random sides , I didn't have a clue about their squad but I learned it in 2 minutes .  Why do we need "someone that knows" to make a tactic just for this lad's team is something you would need to elaborate to me.

Edited by magicnutt

2 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Thats a load of bull

Its not.

Unless hes able to start getting players who fit into the tactic, at Palace in relegation fight that will be hard.

He needs to play towards what ever the strengths of the sqaud are.

6 minutes ago, thehig2 said:

Its not.

Unless hes able to start getting players who fit into the tactic, at Palace in relegation fight that will be hard.

He needs to play towards what ever the strengths of the sqaud are.

Nah yes it is.

You don't feed tactics for players to succeed , you feed players into tactics.

A tactic has to be worthwhile.

For instance ...When I managed KFC Uerdingen on fm 19..

Used a tactic 4-1-4-1 with a complete forward... 

My striker was rated in the red for that role but I didn't tweak it..I played him in the role and he scored 31 goals..Easily promoted.

There are VARIOUS tactics available for download that accomodate many squads , many formations, you simply have to find something thats not useless and  somehow fits your players .

You don't have to tailor a tactic that would have all the Crystal palace players in their natural roles or anything like that , that would be a waste of time and useless..

Edited by magicnutt

Nah yes it is.

You don't feed tactics for players to succeed , you feed players into tactics.

A tactic has to be worthwhile.

For instance ...When I managed KFC Uerdingen on fm 19..

Used a tactic 4-1-4-1 with a complete forward... 

My striker was rated in the red for that role but I didn't tweak it..I played him in the role and he scored 31 goals..Easily promoted.

There are VARIOUS tactics available for download that accomodate many formations, you simply have to find something thats not useless and  somehow fits your players .

You don't have to tailor a tactic that would have all the Crystal palace players in their natural roles or anything like that , that would be a waste of time and useless..

I feel your just disagreeing to be a ***** here.

All ive said is players need to suit the tactic, for example if a tactic uses an offside trap and your defenders have low team work, low composure etc. Fit into the tactic doesn't just mean green for the player role.

I never said create a tactic that has all the palace players in their natural roles, just one that generally plays to the teams strengths.

Im not saying anything out of the box here.

1 minute ago, thehig2 said:

I feel your just disagreeing to be a ***** here.

All ive said is players need to suit the tactic, for example if a tactic uses an offside trap and your defenders have low team work, low composure etc. Fit into the tactic doesn't just mean green for the player role.

I never said create a tactic that has all the palace players in their natural roles, just one that generally plays to the teams strengths.

Im not saying anything out of the box here.

Not really no lad , but I don't tend to be very nice and play along to thangs that aren't factual.

I just like to say thangs how thangs really go.

When you said a tactic has to be specifically tailored for a team to work that is not how thangs go and I told you that straight up.

Not really no lad , but I don't tend to be very nice and play along to thangs that aren't factual.

I just like to say thangs how thangs really go.

When you said a tactic has to be specifically tailored for a team to work that is not how thangs go and I told you that straight up.

Which I never said.

Designing a tactic to suit the players you have is a given this year as it has been in the past few years. 

Long term success essentially relies on it. 

However, plug and play still works to an extent as you can see on tactic testing leagues. 

I'd give Blue Blood Sword a go, lots of people are having huge success with it. 

thanks all - I have since moved to another save. We got relegated, and I think it was simply down to morale.  We ended up with no wins in 16 or something like that.  Once we were in a new season in the championship, things changed completely and we started winning again

On 31/12/2019 at 13:28, jdubsnz said:

thanks all - I have since moved to another save. We got relegated, and I think it was simply down to morale.  We ended up with no wins in 16 or something like that.  Once we were in a new season in the championship, things changed completely and we started winning again

Good to hear! How's the new save?