Sports Interactive Community
panick1992

Lot of chances - No goals

Dear community,

I hope you are all perfect.

I might need your assistance as my Ajax strikers dont like to score. they prefer fat belly and lots of beers :D

Mentality: Attacking

Overall rating is really good.

Please see below screenshots for your reference. If you need more please let me know.

Last Match:

image.thumb.png.cf4d2bd24f80c9d9078424de67133f51.png

Tactics:

image.thumb.png.fa78abd7325c5164e49ce0b2c61192ce.png

Training:

image.thumb.png.d098e9a35aa778a2bd259255e04169b1.png

image.thumb.png.aacce6a603552b22ec5a482c40d3fb65.png

image.thumb.png.bc2130e3a0ed980f43703455781985b9.png

Match Results:

image.thumb.png.02a21930f3ae40f3128f2c7cedf8ae0a.png

Thank you in advance guys

Edited by panick1992

3 hours ago, panick1992 said:

image.thumb.png.fa78abd7325c5164e49ce0b2c61192ce.png

3 hours ago, panick1992 said:

I might need your assistance as my Ajax strikers dont like to score. they prefer fat belly and lots of beers

What I see here is that your tactic is a complete mess. An overkill of instructions, with many of them likely to do more harm than good to your performance. Let's see:

- a top-heavy formation without any meaningful defensive protection

- the lone striker in a role that needs space to take advantage of, but with your overly aggressive setup (high LOE, attacking mentality, more urgent press, prevent short GKD) - that space is virtually nonexistent

- Focus play through the middle, which is the very area where opposition defenses are (usually) most densely packed (in addition to potential defensive risks that the instruction entails)

- overlaps on both flanks coupled with already very attack-minded fullback roles (WB on attack), which is a clear overkill (especially on such a high mentality as the Attacking); not to mention the associated defensive risks

- two playmakers too close to each other

- offside trap with CBs on different duties

- defensive (out-of-possession) instructions that are clearly asking for trouble (especially in combination with other highly risky elements of your tactic)

Remember: What leads to good performances and results in general is not an extremely aggressive (risky) and overly attack-minded (adventurous) tactic. Instead, it is a simple, logical and well-balanced one. 

As I. am  lets say noob in this game.. do you recommend to change the formation so it will also have defensive "protection"? 

If you can help me by answerimg the below questions or provide a link I would very much appreciate it:

1) what do you recommend to do with the midfielders which are very closed to each axh other as you said? 

2)Shall my CB be the same duties for the offsite trap? 

3)what role shall I choose for the lonely striker? any different formation? 

4)what do i need to do here:defensive (out-of-possession) instructions that are clearly asking for trouble

5) what do you mean: overlaps on both flanks coupled with already very attack-minded fullback roles (WB on attack)

What do I need to do here?

Looking forward to hearing from you mate. Any help/recommendations will be highly appreciated. 

If any misunderstanding of the above questions please let me. know and I will explain again

Or if you dont have time please provide just a few links which explains a few formations, which roles shall i assign to each player, in possesion tactics, out of posession tactics, in transition tactics and which tactical style shall I choose for 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 or any other formation you recommend? 

Edited by panick1992

First things first, if you want to go with the 4-2-3-1 tiki-taka on attack duty I'd scrap all your TI's a make it more simple. 

In Possession - Shorter Passing and Play Out Of Defence will be enough.

In Transition - Take Long Kicks with Play Out Of Defence??? Again drop all the TIs you have for In Transition apart from maybe Counter Press, but don't use with More Urgent Pressing. Use one or the other, using both is overkill.

Out Of Possession - Once again drop all TIs for this section, only use Lower Line Of Engagement to give space to the AF, it also compacts the middle third of the pitch by not allowing the opposition space in midfield. If the oppo decide to play long balls maybe drop your defensive line. If you want to pressure the opposition defence maybe High LOE with a standard defensive line, or higher defensive line.

AS for roles and duties:-

Maybe use a Sweeper Keeper (D).

Right Flank - WB(A) with a W(A)? 

Left Flank - IF(S) will drift into the space occupied by your APM(S).

Maybe use a FB(S) on the right with the winger on a support duty. On the left look to get the IF penetrate the penalty box with an attack duty and the left defender WB(S).

In central defence go with the covering centre back on the right to cover the wing back.

Central midfield Mezzala or Box to Box on the right, Deep Lying Playmaker(D) on the left. Attacking Mid (S) in the AM position.

Its not a definate title winning setup but is more simple.

2 hours ago, panick1992 said:

As I. am  lets say noob in this game.. do you recommend to change the formation so it will also have defensive "protection"? 

If you are a tactical "noob", then you should avoid a tricky formation like 4231 anyway. But no matter what formation you use, you need to understand that you cannot leave the entire task of defending only to your CBs. And do not use so aggressive defensive instructions. The more aggressive you are when defending, the more exposed to opposition counter-attacks - and in some cases regular attacks as well - you will be. Defend intelligently, not aggressively. 

what do you recommend to do with the midfielders which are very closed to each axh other as you said?

I was talking about the two playmakers being to close to each other (DLP and AP). I would change one of them into a non-PM role. But which one that should be - and what that new role should be - depends on what you want to achieve in terms of playing style. 

Shall my CB be the same duties for the offsite trap? 

If you want to use the offside trap, then yes - they should be on the same duty (both on defend duty). 

what role shall I choose for the lonely striker?

Again, depends on the style of football you want to implement (and of course the type of the player). 

what do i need to do here:defensive (out-of-possession) instructions that are clearly asking for trouble

Some of them should be toned down (pressing, tackling, DL and LOE), and some should be removed completely (tight marking). 

what do you mean: overlaps on both flanks coupled with already very attack-minded fullback roles (WB on attack)

You have WB on attack duty on both flanks. WB as a role is more attack-minded by default than standard FB. The attack duty makes them even more attack-minded and willing to bomb forward. You are playing on the Attacking team mentality, which augments this. And then the Overlap instructions further increase the mentalities of your fullbacks/wing-backs. So they are extremely attack-minded, which in a top-heavy system without a DM (4231) is suicidal from a defensive perspective. 

@DaggerPaul and @Experienced Defender Thank you so much for your kind assistance. Honestly you made it lot clearer to me about that formation and also you both suggested (your own) assumptions on what to do with my team.

Let me try your suggestions for a while and post the results back?