Sports Interactive Community

Hi,

I just tried to play on a Macbook Pro from 2017 with a AMD Radeon Vega 56 attached as eGPU.

Checking the preferences in FM2020 shows "This PC's 3D Graphics Capability" is only 1 star, and the GFX during a match are atrocious.

The same setup with a HP laptop (same eGPU enclosure, same GPU) gives me 5 stars.

Is there an issue with Macs and eGPUs with FM2020?

2 hours ago, HSVen said:

Hi,

I just tried to play on a Macbook Pro from 2017 with a AMD Radeon Vega 56 attached as eGPU.

Checking the preferences in FM2020 shows "This PC's 3D Graphics Capability" is only 1 star, and the GFX during a match are atrocious.

The same setup with a HP laptop (same eGPU enclosure, same GPU) gives me 5 stars.

Is there an issue with Macs and eGPUs with FM2020?

Could you try the above troubleshooting and see if it helps at all?

And a copy of your system information file would also be beneficial to us in pinpointing the issue.

First can you try removing the eGPU and run the game, and then connect the eGPU again and see if it helps, please?

Do you have other game that you can try using the eGPU to test with, this way we can see if this is an issue with FM20 or Apple, please?

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

I ran the benchmark with FM in the background:

1163689381_Screenshot2019-12-19at12_27_29.thumb.png.dcb51ccd94538e0e8e542f607caaaded.png

Plugging/unplugging or rebooting doesn't make a difference.

I have the same issue. I downgraded to Mojave because Catalina has a ton of issues with eGPUs (just do a google search). Despite the downgrade, 3d performance is slow at best in game (but at least it doesn't hang anymore like in Catalina).