Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Chas (Psyatika)

No option to sub injured player if a penalty is given after the injury

Here's what happened:

Player on my team was injured, but play continued. You can see the cross icon next to the player's name, but we still had possession and continued playing. 

Play continues for a while. My team crosses into the penalty area. Penalty is given for a foul (separate from the injury; my player is still on the field injured).

The commentary "[name of injured player] is unable to continue" is shown. Possibly related, but this injured player also happens to be my primary penalty taker.

A different player steps up and converts the penalty, but I'm never taken to the tactics screen to deal with the injury. In fact, no highlights take place for a while, so over 5 minutes (EDIT: it was 1...guess I reacted faster than I thought!) pass in-game before I realize that there is a problem and pause/make the sub.

After the sub, everything is fine.

On 18/12/2019 at 10:31, Chas (Psyatika) said:

Here's what happened:

Player on my team was injured, but play continued. You can see the cross icon next to the player's name, but we still had possession and continued playing. 

Play continues for a while. My team crosses into the penalty area. Penalty is given for a foul (separate from the injury; my player is still on the field injured).

The commentary "[name of injured player] is unable to continue" is shown. Possibly related, but this injured player also happens to be my primary penalty taker.

A different player steps up and converts the penalty, but I'm never taken to the tactics screen to deal with the injury. In fact, no highlights take place for a while, so over 5 minutes pass in-game before I realize that there is a problem and pause/make the sub.

After the sub, everything is fine.

Have you got the PKM for this match?

Upon further inspection, the player is taken to the bench, the goal is scored, he's forced to sprint back on to the pitch before the restart for some reason, and then just stands perfectly still until I notice the problem and sub him off manually. I can only imagine what would have happened if I had already made all three subs!

Persita v Semen Padang.pkm